View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 04:32 PM   #14
domesticbliss

S/C/G: 221/186/160

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101days View Post
Since I am new to medifast and still learning the plan. I do not see how you can add stuff to the shakes and not alter the results. I know that the shakes aren't the best....but isn't adding "stuff" to our food how we all got fat in the first place? Seems very counterproductive to me.
???
It is my understanding that the condiments and healthy fat are to be used in the preparation of the lean and green meal.
I make allowances for the stuff I add, I make sure that I'm always on target for calories, I'm usually under in carbs, and definitely on target for fat.
Other people on the boards substitute store bought food for a shake and continue to lose weight, and I think of it like this...
If adding a small amount of cocoa powder and FF cream cheese (which is what I use now) will make the shakes more filling and more palatable for me, and that will help me stay on plan and not cheat, then it's worth it until my body gets used to the change in calories.

YMMV, but I wanted to make the change is easy on my body and mind as possible, and it seems to be working for me.
domesticbliss is offline   Reply With Quote