View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #14
iaradajnos

S/C/G: 177/153/135

Height: 5' 4.5"

I agree with the new format. I also appreciate so many other thoughtful and very informed comments from others. I'd quote them all but really I thought there are so many.

When I first was trying to get my info together for weight loss, I found Richard Simmon's hand held window clicking devise. It was so helpful as it talked about food groups, appropriate portions, and clicking the window shut on the icon when you ate/drank it. It was so helpful. The exchanges were helpful too but I didn't find it on all the different things I was eating. I ended up taking the food group from RS and adding to Barbara Roll's Volumetrics.

I totally agree about USDA not being appropriate regarding nutrition. The Health Department makes more sense.

I do appreciate alternative to "meat" (as a vegetarian meal lover) and wish there was a cuter word for calcium as I use lots of alternative items for this such as tofu, almond milk, etc.

The simplicity of it all, as said above, is pushing out the brain and that's the wrong direction. Simplicity is for "at a glance" but doesn't replace "thinking".
iaradajnos is offline   Reply With Quote