Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-05-2011, 09:29 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 6/6/11 - 6/12/11

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great week!

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-12-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Night everyone. Didn't get that workout in because when I went downstairs I realized no one had picked up anything including the watermelon I cut up for them earlier in the evening right before I had to put the little guy to bed. I'm wiped!

But, tomorrow morning I'm going to a Zumba class. Not zumba gold, but zumba. I'm a little scared! What kind of clothes should I wear? SHould I bring anything with me! Eeks!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:03 PM   #3  
Trying to live below 200

Berry I've never been to a Zumba class, so I cannot advise. I hope you have fun, though. I hear of a lot of people take Zumba classes and really enjoy them.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:12 AM   #4  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning! I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Weigh In: 145.6
Up: .2

I was scared of the sodium from the Thai food yesterday. Hopefully this is the only gain and it doesn't jump on me tomorrow. (that does happen sometimes it takes a couple days to catch up with me )
Old 06-06-2011, 07:39 AM   #5  

Morning all, busy day here, gosh, I feel like I say that everyday!
I ate what I planned last night, except I had some room in my calorie budget so I had 1 extra serving shrimp. It was yummy. TOM is trying to start and I don't feel the greatest today. Hope I can get done all that I need to. Shooting for a perfectly on plan day, anyone with me?
Berry, thanks for the dust!
Diana32, Yes, we have a pool, it's not ready yet, but getting there.
Stacy, I'm good, still trudging along, I hit my halfway mark a few days ago. I just keep trying to look at what I have accomplished and not get too caught up in how much I still have to go. Glad your 175 is gone, hopefully never to return now!
good morning to everyone else!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #6  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Ugh, lost my post!

Basically it said my little guy (not so little, he's 6) is still sleeping, so I'll be missing the aerobics class this morning. I'll bike, clean the garage from gardening stuff and reorganize and do some aerobics today.

I needed the sleep too. I slept a bit over 9 hours. The little guy has been sleeping for over 12 already. Darn kid! Late for school, but was up with the birds all weekend! Grrr...

The 203 on the scale the other day must have been a downward blip. I'm down .4 today to 204.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:58 AM   #7  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Morning, everyone. Wow, my weekend really caught up with me. I'm up to 284. I know that's water weight, but it's damn discouraging. Nine pounds of water? Wow.
I meet with my trainer at the gym today. Yay! Have a good week, everyone!
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Mornin'!

I can't seem to string together 2 good days in row. I've noticed that I tend to have a lot of calories on Friday. I'm just worn out by that point in the week, meals are harder to think of, and it's just harder to make good decisions. So Friday was a high day. Did OK Saturday, but then I fell apart again Sunday.

I really dropped the ball on planning my son's birthday party this year. So now I need to play catch up and get the house and yard in order AND do all the party prep this week. And get the invitations out. Yikes! I made a huge list to work on yesterday, and ended up doing very little of it. We spent something like 5 hours working on my son's room. We make him clean it pretty regularly, but you know how good kids are at that. It was long overdue for a good sort through. By the time that was done, I was worn out, but kept on trucking long enough that by the time dinner time rolled around I had no plans or willpower and we ended up at Friendly's (burgers/fried food/ice cream type place for the non-northeasterners.) Know what? Calories listed on the menu works. At least for me it did. I went in expecting to get something terrible, but seeing all those sandwiches worth over 1000 calories, I just couldn't do it and ended up with the asian chicken salad, still worth 770 calories. And then I got ice cream. I have to get my head back in the right place.

Well, the scale took notice. After seeing 201.0 on Sunday morning, I'm up to 203.4 this morning. I'm hoping its a temporary blip from so much salt and sugar so late last night.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 202/187.8/130

Height: 5' 1''

Default A New Week!!

Good morning everyone! It's a new week.

I appreciated and followed a couple of suggestions from last week so thank you all for your encouragment and suggestions!

I did not weigh myself every day, I waited until today!

I found that my first week went well and I had only minor cravings, and was able to keep myself busy and not snacking (even on what is permissibe). I just got busy everytime I had a craving. I tend to get wrapped up in things and distracted from my cravings when I do that.

I enjoyed the meals that I prepared. I'm happy that I planned the meals in advance and made sure that I had all of the ingredients on hand. I also found that in preparing for "leftovers" made it easy to eat properly on the days that I didn't feel like cooking, avoiding turning to fast food.

I am down to 168 this morning, down 4 pounds!
Jomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #10  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Good morning all,
Hubby was so nice to me this morning, he took the kids to school so that I could sleep in and boy did I! Last night I was actually surprised that aside from my foot everywhere else felt pretty good. Only when I got up I noticed my back was sore as though I had been doing back exercises or weights. I tried to figure out why those muscles would hurt and have come up with, it must have been when I was doing the crab crawl down the mountain side. When I woke up I could feel it in my arms too. So I believe a got a good workout done yesterday. I'm not feeling too terrible either which is amazing. My foot feels back to it's normal self and I have plans for my nightly boardwalk.
Melissa I'm glad you got to sleep in. You needed it.
zoodoo If I cooked every day would be a Friendly's day. Infact when hubby is out of town for more than a day, we're usually at Friendly's. They are not a gluten free friendly restaurant.
shish I hate those large gains but they usually equal themselves out quick enough. Drink lots and lots of water, stay away from the salt and caffeine as best you can and it should go fast.
Diana I've always wanted to try Thai food but worried it would be too spicey. How is it on the spice?
Jomo great job on the 4 lbs down.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Diana - I love Thai! I only wish we had some closer.

Berry - Nice you both had a good lie-in. You need those from time to time.

Jomatho - Shrimp? Hmm, that gives me an idea.

Shishkeberry - 9 lbs? Wow, that is intense. Hang in there, it'll disperse.

Jomo - 4 lbs! You're off to a great start! Congrats!

Mamkat - I love hiking, and you do often get a workout in places you never expected to. Thai food doesn't have to be spicy. Usually you can tell from the menu and order accordingly, or tell your server. I love it.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 258/244.6/190

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone! I have weigh ins on Mondays and am down 2 pounds. whoop. Thats a total of 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I cant wait till I can get my ticker

Jamatho: I am with you to shoot for a perfectly on plan day. Lets get this done!
iamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #13  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

Hey guys! I woke up this morning feeling great! I weighed in at 262.4, which surprised me because I felt like I weighed a ton! Haha. I got up early enough to fix me a good breakfast, which is something I'm trying to do regularly. I ate then got dressed. I didn't feel like my usual dark clothes, so I pulled out my white blouse and headed out!

I don't know what it is but 2 people commented on my weightloss, which is a little weird considering that I haven't really lost anything in 3 months! I see these people everyday! Maybe its the bright colors lol.

Now I know this may seem silly but I rewarded my 30 pound weight loss with a $30 purse. It might seem cheap to you guys, but college turned me into a coupon clippin cheapo! Lol. So spending $30 on a purse was a big deal! I must say I feel fabulous with my new bag! Haha

Lastly, I got inspired by another thread talking about a 98 day challenge. Therefore, I have decided to start my own 90 day challenge! It will start wednesday and my goal is 30 pounds! I think that's reasonable!
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:15 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

MzJuicy: That made me laugh that you felt like you weighed a ton this morning. I felt the same when I woke up... but surprisingly I was 171! What a relief it wasn't 175!

iamerican: congrats on the weightloss! stick with it!

mamakat: glad you caught the extra zzzz and the foot is better. enjoy your boardwalk!

jomo: congrats on the 4 pounds. THAT is AWESOME!

zoodoo: If I could have a dollar for every Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Sundae I had at Friendly's when I was in high school I would be RICH! YUM! I think that when I visit Ohio in July I will splurge on one! We don't have Friendlys in Texas.

shishkeberry: what was the meeting with the trainer like? what types of things will you do with your trainer? how often?

Berry: Oh- when if your last day of school?

Jo: Congrats on getting to your halfway point. That is GREAT! I was relieved that 175 left again. I really hope to never see that number again! I am already not on plan for today though. I had two cinnamon rolls this morning. They looked so golden and flaky I couldn't help myself. I will however stay on plan the rest of the day to make up for that little splurge!

Diana: Thanks for making the thread for this week.

-----------------------------

I had a 30 minute lower body workout with my trainer this morning then I did 30 minutes on the elliptical. I'll go back to the gym tonight for spin class.

My husband wants tacos for dinner so I am going to run to the store for some LAuras Lean Ground Beef. It is expensive but very lean. That way I can eat the taco meat on my salad.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #15  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi All!

Just jumping in quickly here today. Got a busy day so not a lot of time.

Here is my plan for Mon 6/6/2011

B - 1 whole wheat bun w/ natural PB & blueberry jam + 1 cup fresh strawberries + 1 choc.vanilla soy pudding

L - Left over Thai food, Veggie Pineapple Rice

D - Tempeh and veggie skewers w/ a homemade bbq sauce grilled on the bbq + homemade potato salad with a balsamic type dressing + 2 homemade vegan cookies for dessert

Drinking: At least 2L water + 1 w/ soy milk + pepsi

Exercise:45min walk with the dog

Have a good day all, hope the weather is as nice for you as it is here!

Last edited by L R K; 06-06-2011 at 02:49 PM.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote