Old 06-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #1  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy Anyone remember DCHound?

I'm back

To all my old friends - hello, sorry I evaporated. (Not literally, and not weight-wise.) To all my soon-to-be friends, hello. I used to say stuff on here, then I disappeared. Same old story - met Mr. Right. Mr. Right was a carb-aholic. We were blissfully happy for a year and a half, then Mr. Right got the proverbial cold feet. No more Mr. Right.

The bad news is, I gained some weight - sure was a lot of fun though. The good news is, relatively speaking, I didn't gain all that much, and ever since it ended 2 1/2 weeks ago I have been back on track with a vengeance. Haven't had a naughty (for me) carb since then.

I just got up the courage to jump on the scale - 254.5. UGH! I've probably dropped a good 20 lbs in the last 2 weeks, what with the not eating, then not eating much, and spending a good part of every day down at the gym. I've also been lurking on here, first time in the better part of a year, and since I manned up enough to get on the scale and I know my number, I thought I'd sign back in and quit lurking.

I have a basement full of everything from size 12 to size 32. I have a closet full of 14s, 16s, Ls and XLs I can't WAIT to get back into. My new goal is 199 by 12/31. I do a modified version of Atkins - very low carb, water, decaf, club soda, a few almonds, some green vegetables. For a long time I did chicken and lettuce, but right now I'm letting myself have red meat. One thing I did learn over the last year is portion control. I've learned, make as much as I want, then just eat a little. If I'm still hungry a bit later, have a little more. When I first started out, at 370, I'd eat 3 steaks for dinner. No more - half a steak is usually too much for me now. At least 3 meals and a snack a day, and probably 1.5 gallons of water. No sucralose, no diet soda. Nothing sweet. And I'm back smoking, but preparing to quit again.

Will you ladies (and a few gentlemen) welcome me back and support me in getting there?
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:39 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hiya there & Welcome back!

I'm recently Re-New again (if that makes sense). Glad to re-meet and/or meet you ^^

I can't wait to get to know you better as we lose weight and get healthier!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:49 PM   #3  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Welcome back! I remember you; when I was new, your posts were some of the ones I sought out because I found you so inspiring.

For what it's worth, I find you even more inspiring now that you're back--back with a great attitude, no regrets, no waffling, just dedication. You're back on track and facing the scale having learned new things. Portion control is an exciting new field I am only beginning to explore myself. Just because they serve three beignets on the plate doesn't mean I need to eat all three, y'know?

You are awesome, and I'm delighted to see you again.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:52 PM   #4  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Yeah, when I was in that relationship, happy as I was, I forgot to be me. I literally forgot that losing this weight was my life, literally and figuratively. I can't do anything about that but I can do something about this. Older, wiser, sadder, fatter, but determined to FINALLY reach my goal.

I got close enough to 199 to think that's probably going to be my permanent lifetime goal. I was almost completely happy at 209 and really just to get to Onederland will be fine for me. Thanks for remembering me.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:18 PM   #5  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Hi! I remember you, welcome back!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:35 PM   #6  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Hi sweetheart ~ Welcome back. It sounds like you are on your way. It is so hard isn't it??!! You are making good healthy choices now and I wish you well with your weight loss.
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

Hey, congrats on making the effort to get back in here!! I really admire that!
Jen516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back to the boards, even though I myself am a newbie on here. I sort of know what you are going through with the entire, 'I found Mister Right, then Mister Right becomes Mister flighty and disappears'. It happened with my first serious relationship, and instead of losing I gained for a while. I just started my journey and LOVE your attitude. I hope I can become more disciplined so that I can get to 200! Anyway, welcome back and good luck. Also, I'm feeling totally nerdy tonight so May the Force be with you!
ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:56 AM   #9  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Heh, take it from someone who got married for six weeks (okay, maybe it was six and a half) before that all fell apart--it's better if they clear off before the ridiculously expensive white dress and fancy party. You know how you're supposed to save the top part of your cake in the freezer to share on your one-year anniversary? Yeahhhhh, I had that thing eaten within a week and a half of leaving him.

The wedding cake was probably the best thing about the whole mess. Did I say probably? I meant definitely.

Better for "Mr. Right Now" to move out of the way so "Mr. Right" can find his way into your life.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:10 AM   #10  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back DCHound!! I do remember you and I've just recently rejoined in on discussions around here myself. You can get the weight off again and so can I.
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:03 AM   #11  

Height: 5ft6'

Welcome, Welcome. I remember you.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:11 AM   #12  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Glad to see you, sorry for the reason. But I so understand it. I've been with the beau 7 months now and my formal plan has gone nearly out the window. Not as strict on the eating and defnitely no more logging as we cook together and I don't want to interrupt the process with "stop, let me weigh that ingredient". Have gained 3-5 lbs. since we met. Not horrible, but not the direction I wanted to be moving.

The good news is we put in a garden together and my veg consumption has gone way up.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:31 AM   #13  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Hiya Hound, I remember you very well indeed!!! Glad you're back, regardless of the circumstances. As you say, it's all a learning experience and you're wiser and more equipped to deal with the next relationship now. All the best in your continued journey and I can't wait to see you posting again!!!!

Last edited by Trazey34; 06-06-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:53 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome back and congratulations on the weight you have kept off !!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:09 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back!!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote