Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 11:21 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#340

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 05-26-2003, 11:29 PM   #2  
Dancing those pounds away

Thin... you beat me to it. LOL

Again.. welcome home Barb.

Sandy... thanks for looking that up for us. I did hear some more clarification too.

Memorial Day is to honor those who died for our country.
Veteran's Day honors all who have been willing to fight and die as well as those who died. It honors the living as well.

A local gentleman here in Okla is trying to change how Veteran's day is honored here.
Memorial Day is a National Holiday and most people get off of work.
Veteran's Day does not give Veterans a day off from work.
If you are a banker you get off.. and many other NON veterans get off of work.
He is trying to get that changed so that all VETERANS get a day off from work. If you have honorable discharge papers or if you are in any military such as Guards etc... then you get the day off with pay.

I am so glad that Lynne posted that question. But I am also so embarrassed that I did not know the correct answer.
Old 05-26-2003, 11:29 PM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi ladies! Don't have time for a real post, but I know how you guys are if I start a thread and then don't write something.

We are leaving in the morning for a couple of days in beautiful Niagara Falls. I'm so happy to be getting away.

I worked almost all day on campaign stuff. YUCK! Can't wait until it's over.

Food is not being watched at all. I don't know what it's going to take to put me back on track, but so far it's not happening.

I hate to run, but I must get some sleep. I'll see you all on Thursday or Friday.

"You only live once - but if you work it right, once is enough." - Joe E. Lewis
Old 05-27-2003, 12:10 AM   #4  

Angry

Sandy... I found this and thought of you.

Old 05-27-2003, 01:30 AM   #5  
Progress..not perfection

Default I'm baaaaaack!

Hey guys! I am so exhausted, so I don't know how long this will be. (that may be a blessing) We left early Saturday morning and hit the Charlotte area around noon. Since we got there earlier than expected, we went on over to JGR. (Joe Gibbs Racing) (Tony's car owner) I do not even have enough words to tell you what a classy establishment this is. (I would also like to mention, they were the ONLY race shop that had special holiday hours for the fans) It was honestly the highlight of my trip. If you watched the race, I don't have to tell you how that went....rain, rain, rain. Tony was running so good and I absolutely hated he had trouble. (blew a spark plug--they thought it was something else) We were listening to him on the scanner and you could tell he was disappointed, but he knew it was out of his hands. The banter between him and Zippy (his crew chief) was the best. At one point, Zippy asked him if he was thirsty, and said he could slip him something to drink in the car. Tony said he'd take a coke. Then a minute later, he also asked Zippy to also hand him in a paper towel so he could spit his gum in it, because if he spit it in his hand, it would stick to his gloves. Cracked me up.

All in all, it was a really good trip. I wish the race went a little better, but other than that.....a good time. I'm going to post some pictures and I'm sorry if it throws the thread off a little. If it bothers you guys too much, let me know and I'll remove them.

Me, with my latest haircut

My dh, Ron with a "Tony Nutcracker"

Me, beside of one of Tony's wall hangings

I had to take this picture of Ron

My "BEFORE" picture (Before the race and

The frontstretch at the Coca Cola 600

How cool is this?

My wet, soggy "AFTER" picture

Hope you liked them. I'm off to see Tony tomorrow. (today) He's doing a personal appearance about an hour and a half from my house, so you know I just can't pass it by. I love all you guys and I should be in tomorrow evening.

Tracy: I sent you a PM.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:04 AM   #6  
A Work In Progress

Angry

I was not gonna post tonight because it has been a long day and I am really tired BUT

Tina I had to say that you are so very pretty and I think that your weight loss is getting more and more evident. I can honestly sat that you seem to just be melting away Keep it up!!!

I hope that everyone had a nice Memorial Day and I will post more tomorrow!

Hugs,
Tracy
324/320/150
Old 05-27-2003, 04:37 AM   #7  

Tina... I just LOVE the new do !!!!!!!!!!!
You keep looking younger and younger !!!
And even though you looked super while still dry... you were just adorable all wet. In fact.... you were 2cute!!!
And I don't know if I can stand you being 2cuter than me. LOL

I was very surprised to see Tony advertizing Coca Cola... I thought he was the "home Depot" guy??
Ohhh....it was the "Coca Cola 600". DUH !!!!
Who hit me with the "stupid stick"???

Glad you are home... We missed you.
Have fun tomorrow.. ooppss today.

Hi Tracy.... I will see you tomorrow. LOL

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 05-27-2003 at 04:40 AM.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:25 AM   #8  
You and Me in 2003

Tina Pics are great you are looking good girl.
Hope all of you have a great day. I have to go back to work.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:49 AM   #9  

2cute: That was just 2cute for me to pass up. Hope you don't mind I stole it and am using it... It was time for a change on my avatar. Thank you so much. I think he looks so cute

Tina: Loved the pics, you look wonderful. Sorry about all the rain and the way the race ended I hated it!!! But oh well thats the rules for you. Does it upset you all that buy tickets for a big race like that and then it gets called? I know I would be bummed. How long did it take to get out of the stands and the parking lot? I said to my dh, wow, I would not want to be sitting in that traffic to get out.

Mary: Nice chatting with you again last night.

Barb: vacation sounded wonderful, and to have hubby win enough to pay for the trip was a plus....

Thin: if you find that thing that gets you back on track could you let me know? I think I just need a good kick in the butt and I guess only my own foot can do that to get myself going?

Tracy: Hope you got all rested up. Remember take care of yourself.

Hugs to all,
Old 05-27-2003, 12:02 PM   #10  

Sandy... glad you could use it.
I was afraid it might be a millimeter too big for the avatar.
I am happy to see that it fit.
I thought of you when I found it.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:43 PM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

Talking Hello Ladies

Just a quick post and then I'm off to do laundry, clean up my bedroom and mail some things people bought from me on eBay. I learned a big lesson this week, it is not a good thing to post things for sale on a weekend when a lot of people are out of town. Ah, well it is all about learning.

I would love to do individual replies, but I don't have time. That being said I just have to say Tina-You're weight loss is so obvious in your pics. You look great.

Well, I hope to post later tonight, but right now I have to get to it because I have a lot to do.

Old 05-27-2003, 12:53 PM   #12  
BELIEVE!

Good Afternoon Ladies,
I hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday. I'm slowing getting back into work after my time off - I've spent most of the day cleaning out my e-mail. And I am mentally trying to get myself back into the food game. I've done great so far today and I'm already thinking towards this evening - preparing a healthy meal and exercising. I think Jeff if ready to jump on the health kick with me -- he announced last night that he is going to change his eating habit. He didn't talk about exercise yet - I'll take whatever I can get with him. I think the trip really made him want to start losing weight before our next trip in September.

Thin - You've probably already left --- have a great time in Niagra Falls --- one place I've never been but would love to see.

Tina - Sorry to see you got soaked, but looks like you had fun anway. Thanks for sharing the pictures. They are great! Love the new haircut.

Tracy - Hope you got some much needed rest.

Amanda - I may have missed it when I caught up on messages, but what do you sell on E-bay? I know you mentioned doing beaded jewelry with someone - is that what you sell? I don't sell on E-bay, but I buy a lot.

My Tuesday Tip is: Take the stairs! I have been trying to take the stairs as much as possible at work and skip the elevator. I figure every little bit helps!

Have a great afternoon!
Barb
Old 05-27-2003, 05:48 PM   #13  
a work in progress...

Hey kids...

What's shaking? (besides my thighs) Oh that was bad...

I'm having one of those off weeks, we sure do go in cycles, don't we? I know once TOM arrives it'll be better, but I'm trying to do as little damage as possible. Exercise is non-existant lately...food vacillates between so-so and horrible. Hmmm...just getting here and confessing though is making me feel like, "OK, that' enough!" ...and so the cycle begins again...I'll get back into high gear, go for 2 or 3 weeks, and crash again at PMS time. Maybe next month I'll have myself cryogenically frozen for that week and just skip it all together.

I only have a few minutes, I have to jump in the shower, need to get ready for 7th grade orientation tonight. My son, my baby is going to the middle school next year. Gotta go check it out tonight.

Barb...I'm not sure of exact measurements for the salad dressing, since I usually only make it for myself when I need it...it's something like a 2:1 ratio vinegar to oil...2 Tbsp rice vinegar/1Tbsp sesame oil, a splash or two of soy sauce and maybe 1 T Splenda...and then taste and adjust from there.

MMMM, that sounds good, I wish I had time to make a salad now.

I'll be back later...I'm off tonight, so I can get a bunch of replies in...plus I have about 63 emails to get through...

See? I'm not just ignoring you guys, I've been ignoring EVERYBODY.

see you later.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:19 PM   #14  
BELIEVE!

Hey Chicks!
What's everyone up to? It's very slow around here today. Well, I picked up my 'girls' from the kennel and they still seem to love me after leaving them there for 11 nights. Bad mom!

Today was a great day - ate well and did 2 miles on the treadmill tonight.

I want those pounds I gained on vacation to get outta here!

I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow and get some fresh fruit and veggies. Kat - can't wait to try the salad dressing.

I slept bad last night and have a very sore muscle in my back -- I am hoping to get my sweetie to rub it when we go to bed.

Well, I need to get some things done. See ya later!

Barb
Old 05-27-2003, 10:07 PM   #15  

Good evening!

Just spent the better part of the day puttering around the house. Tomorrow I have to go to the dentist; I don't like it much, but it's just one of those things I have to get done twice a year!

Anyway.....

I will be scheduled to appear at the Sally Hansen Nails/Wal-Mart promo job at the North Versailles, PA location on Friday, May 30, 2003 from 4PM-8PM! It pays $12 an hour!

Here the the store address:

Wal Mart Supercenter
100 Wal Mart Dr
North Versailles PA 15137

My training kit is due to arrive Thursday or Friday; I am very excited about this opportunity, as well as being accepted by Affinity (a model/talent agency). Maybe going blonde is the best move I made yet...!

Tina: LOVE THE HAIRCUT! Sorry about Tony's rotten luck; Junior's wasn't any better (as you know). What really burned me most was the race itself being cut short ....they're lucky Law and Order: CI was on or I'd chewed someone a new one!
Closed Thread