South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 04:06 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Daily Chat-Friday June 3

Good Morning

TGIF!

We travelled yesterday and are back on the Eastern Slope. Fortunately, the house was clean when we left because everything else needs to be done. We napped in the early evening and now, of course, I'm wide awake. There's no point to lie in bed all night staring at the ceiling so I'm rearranging closets. I don't think the neighbors would appreciate it if I started mowing the lawn.

Kirk was awake for awhile and wanted to go to Denny's since we didn't eat dinner. Instead, I made us whole wheat blueberry pancakes with soy sausage and organic eggs. I've already made one "better choice" with my food today, it can't help but get better.

I was stopping for a cup of coffee so thought I'd start the daily, say hi and wish everyone a great Friday!
Old 06-03-2011, 05:59 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Debbie - I want to live next door to you. I never do anything fun or interesting with all my stupid insomnia. I'd love eating ww pancakes with you and Kurt. So much better than staring at the ceiling

It's my first official summer Friday off! I have a loooong list, of course, and the shower guys are coming so not sure how that all will work out. It's nice to be done for the week though.

I need more coffee to write more but I'll be back when I'm more awake
Old 06-03-2011, 06:09 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Debbie, I hope you were able to drift back to sleep. Insomnia is no fun although you sure can get a lot done in the wee small hours.

I'm a bit achy this morning from a lot of physical work yesterday. Lugging 5 gallon containers of water is hard work but the Village planters need it to get established. The Township will water on Wednesdays and Fridays but the barrels do need a good soak each day until the plants are established. Today I am am going to give myself a water treatment with a good soak in the tub before I tackle Friday. I need to pay my folks at the Mill and then gather a bunch of boring things for an audit, always nerve wracking. A neighbour is borrowing my car for most of the day so I'll probably spend the afternoon quilting and visiting with my dogs.

So there's my wee slice of life. Now it's time for another coffee on the deck. The loon flypast is a bit late this morning. They must have slept in ... or they have Fridays off like Cyndi who snuck in just now!
Old 06-03-2011, 06:26 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all,
I'm jealous of all of you who have outdoor spaces! I would love to have my coffee on a porch or deck and watch the world go by. What a week it has been - TGIF.

My dad gave me the website of the caregiving agency he is going to meet with today, and on the phone last night my mom seemed amenable too. They appear very professional and can also do all kinds of advocacy and advice services. Boy, do I have so many ideas floating around in my head about how I will do things differently as I get older. You can never tell how you'll react when you get there, but here's hoping I am a little less stubborn/a little more realistic. In any case, yesterday I just decided to give up trying to control this situation and be helpful by being a good listener, stating any suggestions ONCE and once only, and stepping back. For the last 16 hours or so I've been able to stick to this plan :smile: let's see if I can keep going.

Today: work, food shopping and then coming home and relaxing. It should be a nice low key weekend. Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 06-03-2011, 06:30 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Matilda, I wish I could send you some of my outdoor space. I hope you can manange a low-key weekend.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Deb, you seem to have started your day on a healthy note. I do hope you managed to get a few more hours of sleep, though.

Morning, Cyndi and Ruth!

I'm going to do a quick dust & vacuum here before running a few errands and having coffee with Mom and Dad. I have absolutely nothing planned for this afternoon, but will take it as it comes. I can always find something to do in the garden. The heatwave has caused my spinach to bolt and the radishes have gone to flower, so I may pull them out and tidy things up a bit. I was really surprised to see that all three of my zucchini plants are producing yellow squash. I even rechecked the tag, and yep, it says dark green zucchini. No matter, though, as it tastes the same.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Matilda, it sure sounds like you could use a hug!
Old 06-03-2011, 06:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quick "hi" this morning. My mom and I are working out earlier than usual so I have one eye on the clock. Things are going well with babysitting our nephews - they are a bit exhausting but good guys. Today I need to pack for our short reunion trip tomorrow and get to the store for our pot-luck offering. It will be something OP, probably a salad, but I am also bringing all the grad party leftover treats that I refroze. Speaking of which, we have another on to attend tonight.

Have a great day everyone. BBL
Old 06-03-2011, 08:59 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is going to be a hot sweltering over 100 degree day here, what happened to Spring? We went from winter to summer, that's St. Louis for you.

Debbie- you always amaze me with all your energy.

Cyndi- Hope the scheduling works out.

Ruth- Did your sticker go back down 1lb? Congratulations....my back is still twitchy and it has been two weeks now...

Matilda- I have a back deck but seems like I never use it in the morning- I have such a schedule since I do my workouts in the morning- but I have started jogging intervals outside so that is very nice indeed.

Linda- hope you enjoy your day, it is nice not to have anything scheduled...I really enjoy when I have a rare day like that.

Karen- Glad you are enjoying your nephews.

Well, I am off to Washington DC tomorrow for the class. I packed last night and have all of my pre-reading ready for the trip, started on it last night. Got all of the laundry caught up. DS and DD1 will not be coming on the trip due to working and classes, so had to make sure they were stocked up with everything while we are gone. I am flying on a separate flight from DH and DD1 so I will be able to get my reading down, get the car rental and check in to the hotel before going back to pick them up at the airport.

I will probably not be able to check in so have a great week everyone.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning

Debbie - rearranging closets is better than eating which I have been known to do.

Cyndi - enjoy your Friday

Ruth - I guess having no car will ground you where you want to be

Matilda - glad that you are finding peace with your problems.

Linda - enjoy your time off. Its so lovely in your area at this time of year.

Karen - have fun at the family reunion

Pearlrose - hope you get to enjoy DC a bit.

I'm getting ready to go way tomorrow morning and will be back by Wednesday. Although I am not staying all the time at my friend's, Tuesday is our 42th anniversary and we are going away to Niagara on the Lake for a couple of nights.
take care
Sophie
Old 06-03-2011, 09:28 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/197/160

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning everyone!! I am so glad it's Friday and happy that I can sleep in tommorrow. We are having one major heat wave in the South and even though I am fortunate enough not to have to work in it, it still seems to wear me out. I also love the outdoors but at this point, water and weeding my garden has to be an early or late day activity.

Yum...think I will try the whole wheat pancakes for tommorrow morning when I will have extra time to cook. I have been eating oatmeal for breakfast this week and am enjoying how it keeps me filled. I chop an apple to add extra fiber plus cook with a cup of Almond milk (35 cal - unsweetened)...adds to the creaminess.

The weekend can be a diet-buster for me so am hoping to make some wise and healthy choices. Portion control is one of my biggest weaknesses.

Have a wonderful and blessed day...stay OP...and keep the faith
Old 06-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

OK - crazy week - feel like I have not been here at all. I don't much like the feeling, so gonna get back to it!
It is great to be able to come here and read, even when there is no time to write. Thank you all for being here.

Been a little down this week in terms of mood - having dipped to 156 Monday, and changed my goal to 150 from 155, I am stubbornly back at 158. I do realize it is that TOM today or tomorrow, and I have consumed MCUH more salt that is good for (me as I do during TOM), but sheesh.

GOOD STUFF coming though to pick the mood back up:
Back to Ultimate for me last night - my first game in about a month, and back to running this weekend. I had previously ruptured my plantar fascia (bottom of the feet basically) and have to use those awesomely expensive orthotics now. I have had them for 2 years, and they make exercise possible again. However, I had somehow managed to break the "unbreakable" orthotics and had to have them remade, which took the last three weeks.

Back on the road now! Working towards a half marathon for September . . . would really like to be at 150 for that.

Be well -
Old 06-03-2011, 04:01 PM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

everyone!

I did get some rest in the wee hours then got back up and kept going. I ended up doing more than just reorganizing. I switched Kirks and my closets between two rooms. It had been mish mash since his DD came to live with us. I still have lots to do but managed a bike ride to the PO and back. I'll spend the afternoon sorting/pitching/organizing in my new room.

Cyndi, I would love to have you for a neighbor!

Ruth, I hope you're quilting right now!

Matilda, I'm sending you strength to keep listening and letting go of the control with your folks. Sometimes it is the best thing to do. Yay for a low key weekend!

Linda, funny about the zucchini! I hope you're having an enjoyable afternoon!

Karen, I hope your workout was great and that you make it through yet "another graduation party."

Pearlrose, good luck with your class and mini vacation w/DHandDD1.

sophie, Happy Anniversary! Wow 42 years!

granchick, sending you willpower for the weekend!

bea, crazy week here, too! I have never heard of breaking the unbreakable orthodics. Mine were $$, too, but help so much.

Xan, I'm glad you are taking care of your cataracts during break. I'll bet it will help you so much.

Rose(TallandThin), glad to see you on the OP thread….I was thinking of you this AM.

Ok, back to work!
Old 06-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Debbie! I am NOT quilting and should be. I got involved in the garden and chatting with neighbours and completely forgot. I just got my car back and will go for the mail and then quilt - I promise! Your day sounds very productive! I guess mine was too, just not quite as planned.
Closed Thread