General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Current: 252/238/199

Height: 170 cm

Default Losing weight too fast?

Hi people, I am just wondering about losing weight too fast. Basically I am down approx 40 lbs in 8 weeks (Using a protein type diet). Over half way there now and feel great, full of energy, cant sleep in, and really proud. I am just wondering is it too good too quick? I.E stomach loose skin etc? I have approx 30 left to lose. Do younger people have a better chance of their skin tightening up as you lose weight? I am 27, and have put the weight on in probably the last 3 - 4 years. Really its just my tummy area that I fear about (Doesnt seem too bad so far) but is their preventative measures I can take. I know people say theyre isnt anything you can do about it, but I guess its no harm trying. Is their certain exercises etc to do to help this?
irishlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I don't think you are losing too fast as you are just beginning. Your rate of loss will slow down, this is natural, do not worry about it. You have your age going for you , you have more elasticity in your skin than an older person , if you are exercising as you diet it will help with your skin firming up.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:50 AM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

As long as you are following your diet in a healthy way I say enjoy the loss rate as it is! Eventually when you get close to goal it slows down
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 02:06 AM   #4  

Wow, that's great weight loss. I wish mine would come off that fast.
JenniD44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:46 AM   #5  

Hi people, thanks for the messages. Yeah its all healthy, I am sticking to the plan and exercising (probably why its so successful).

Bargoo - Try to get about 8 hours exercise a week, between soccer 2-3 hours, and gym work. Sunday do 2 hours gym work, although this week did 2 hours saturday (cross trainer approx 100 minutes and treadmill) and sunday (treadmill (2km in 13 minutes 42 seconds, my new personal best - maybe chicago 2012 marathon will be an option!!!), cross trainer (15 minutes), and 4 sets of 20 reps each of resistance machines, ab crunches, shoulder press, hamstring and quad curls, bicep and tricep curls,etc 8 or 9 different machines).

If I can help any of ye or anyone requires more info just ask. We are all in it together.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 224/188/147

Wow i'm Jealous, i have been losing since x.mas (after some shocking self realizations looking at pics) i have started to slow down, do you drink? and are you replacing meals with the protein or still eatin regular small meals?
curlysue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 219/179/130

Height: 5'3

Your weight loss is great but it does sound a bit too fast in my opinion! From what I've read, 1-2 lbs per week is the healthy average you should be losing in order to avoid excess skin and prevent gaining the weight back.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:29 AM   #8  

Hi people, @ Robin, yeah I guess 1-2 lbs is average, I am actually averaging between 3-4 lbs a week,as I had a big fluid loss the first week due to retaining water.

@Curlysue82 - I am not drinking at the moment, well apart from water (at least 2L a day) and the occasional cup of Decaf Tea with skimmed milk.
My meals are regular meals, with one or two extra protein snacks thrown in.

Example:
Breakfast I have either a soy pretein Cereal with skimmed milk, or a protein cereal bar.
Snack is a fat free yoghurt and piece of fruit.
Lunch then is a sandwich with low calorie bread (2 slices), tomato, lettuce, spring onion, and a slice of ham/chicken/beef/turkey or tuna, any protein really. No butter but tomato sauce.
Second snack I have a protein snack, be it jelly, protein soy crisp ball things, a protein drink.
Dinner I have a certain quantity of carbs, be it rice/pasta/potato. Approx a half cup. then I can eat alot of veg - green and red peppers, broccoli, mushrooms, really I think most veg grown above the ground. Protein then for dinner can be chicken, fish, meat. Fish is the best they say because you are allowed more of it due to it being lean.
And one final snack, usually a protein chocolate bar as a treat for the day.

I thought I would crave sweet things etc but the snacks do satisfy me. Would still love some fast food but not as much as I thought.
Exercise then I do 7-8 hours a week, be it cardio or resistance at the gym a few hours a week, and 5 a side soccer too.

Drink? Well I used drink like a fish,lol but gave that up completely for a few months. will gradually introduce some back but not for a few weeks yet until closer my goal.
I am no expert on any of this but this is the plan I am on and its working for me, so I am happy. But everyone is different.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:07 PM   #9  

Sorry just an update, down another 5lbs this week! Finally have broke the 3 stone mark, and into the 15's (15 stone)!! Drove on this week and did 8 hours exercise!

Maybe its too quick, but at the same time I am sticking to the plan and guidelines, and have a weekly consultation, so I guess I am going to roll with it now. If someone said to me do you want to lose 2 or 4 lbs a week, I know what I (possibly everyone) would choose!
Old 06-02-2011, 04:45 PM   #10  

I guess it's ok as long as your consultant doesn't have a problem with it but there are definitely disadvantages to losing weight that quickly. Maybe research the cons of losing weight quickly just to see both sides? Is the way you're eating now going to be the way you plan on eating once you've reached your goal?
Old 06-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #11  

No the consultant doesnt have a problem, I am getting all the nutrition and vitamins etc I need. Taking the protein supplements, and really not doing anything different, keep roughly the same routine every week, but maybe do more exercise than the normal person on this program would do. (My muscle percentage is going up slightly, or staying the same each week, no not losing muscle, dont feel fatigued, taking vitamin supplements). Really I dont know how to not lose this, if that makes sense (i.e, cannot say, ohh I skipped this meal or that meal, as I havnt, eating wise eating the same layout all along, and sticking to roughly the same exercise quantity). Just sticking to the routine and these are the numbers I am getting. I guess my eating will change but the lifestyle hopefully wont. Will still exercise and eat healthy with the odd slip up, but the layout etc will remain the same, i.e eating regularly and healthy, drinking plenty water. I will only know once I start maintainance for sure though. Guess time will tell but for now I am very happy!! I figure there are disadvantages to it, but the advantages of losing weight at all definitely outweigh the disadvantages of losing weight too fast at this stage.

Last edited by irishlad; 06-02-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #12  

It sounds like you've answered your own questions darling! I didn't want to come off as though I think you're doing something wrong but that was just my opinion on what you were asking. I wish you the best on getting to your goal!
Old 06-03-2011, 07:37 AM   #13  

Thanks for your input Robin, and as I said, I guess time will tell!!
Old 06-04-2011, 03:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 272/272/135

Height: 5'2

I think you are doing great. You are eating well and exercising a good amount, your body is naturally bringing you to your healthy weight!
nikkimw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #15  

Thanks nikkimw!! I guess your right, If I was skipping meals etc I may wonder but following the plan (If anything eating slightly more protein, but dont go over on the carbs!). I think the reduction in carbs makes a difference. I always thought carbs are for energy etc, but even with low carb intake, I have more energy and fitness for exercising.