General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208(preg)/179/135?

Height: 5'3"

Default Might be Pregnant

Ok, I have this weird feeling I am pregnant. Now, please refrain from saying "go take a test" or "I am not a doctor" I am not asking if I could be pregnant, I know the symptoms and I know that all of the symptoms are very similar to PMS. I am just needing to vent because it has me a little overwhelmed in thought right now.....

I am not due for my period until at least Sunday. I am normally exactly 28 days, but last month came about 5 days early, so I do not know exactly when it should come.... I am just so nervous right now.

Let's make this post worth while. Let's play I am knocked up (crossing fingers, not but if I am, so be it and I will rejoice) Are there special diet and work out plans that can keep me on my path I am on now?

Thank you in advance for your time.
ryeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:57 PM   #2  
going somewhere....

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/125

Height: 5'2

if you are, my understanding is that if you have been working out, you can continue your current workout. But I wouldn't do squats, crunches, no horseback riding or regular bike riding, due to balance issues. I have a lady in my STEP class who is 5 months and does great.

As for diet, you only need to add 300 calories in the last 4 or 5 months I believe. So I would figure your BMR and stay at that. You are NOT eating for 2, lots of fruits/veggi/lean protein. Protein is important to keep the placenta strong and can help prevent pre-e.

Hope the answer you get is one you can live with. Good Luck....
ready4skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:14 PM   #3  
Once and for all

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

First off congratulations if you are preggers and if not I guess congrats as well (JK).
I just had a baby in April and you can definitely stay OP while you are pregnant. As ready4skinny stated, you are not eating for 2 and whatever you do, do not let other people convince you other wise. You can continue to exercise as you do, since you are used to doing so. I wouldn't pick up a new workout routine (example start running if you are not a runner). There are also several prenatal workout videos as well. Also, no matter how much you workout or eat right, your body will naturally gain whatever weight it needs to sustain the pregnancy. Don't dwell on the numbers and just focus on having a happy healthy pregnancy, if that should be the case.
Hope you get the result you want.
unstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:20 PM   #4  

Thank you ladies With my now 4 year old, I only gained 25 lbs, but it was not healthy weight gain. I was working out twice a day and on diet pills (I know, but this was fiver years ago lol) and so when I found out I was pregnant, I stopped EVERTHING! My body went to "mush" like immediately.

Can you still do abs if you are pregnant? I feel like a dumb butt asking lol

As for answers, I would welcome being pregnant, I am ready for another baby, however I would have liked to have a couple of things in line first lol Luckily I have a good job and a loving boyfriend....

Thank you guys again for the love and support I will remember to not eat for two, I don't want to give up all of this hard work I have done so far.

I do hope that this is just PMS hitting me really hard though lol

Last edited by ryeb; 06-02-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:27 PM   #5  
Once and for all

You could probably do crunches during your first trimester. I know the docs wouldn't want you lying on your back after that, due to the risk of cutting off blood flow. Also, I am imagining that it would be quite uncomfortable to do ab work the further along you are. As long as it is healthy weight gain you should be fine. I gained 30 pounds, this was my first pregnancy. Within the first 2-3 weeks 23 of those pounds fell off instantly. So it was like i only gained 7 pounds of actually fat. I now everyone is different as well in terms of how quickly you lose it. Also remember that the better shape you are in before and during the pregnancy, the easier it will be to bounce back.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:30 PM   #6  
Once and for all

Also, if you are indeed pregnant, check out Gabrielle Reese's prenatal workout. It has exercises according to what trimester you are in. It is also cool, because she video taped the dvd to follow along with her pregnancy, so she is actually preggers.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:36 PM   #7  

Thank you so much unstoppable, I am going to buy a double test kit tonight. Take one probably now (lol) wait a couple of days, then test again if no aunt flow. I remember how huge I got with my son, I don't think crunches would last long lol I couldn't even bend enough to shave at a certain point lol
Old 06-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #8  

Wow!

I did my entire regular weight and cardio routine up until about 7 months pregnant. I enhanced my diet with probably 500+ extra healthy calories.

One BIG warning: watch the core stuff. I have an umbilical hernia because of the separation of my abs with the baby pushing out.

I gained 25 lbs with each pregnancy and I believe due to my training staying at a pretty high level, my labors were easy, only lasted 4 hours, and my recovery was super quick. The 25 pounds were gone after 1-2 months.

Post natal care is extremely important, especially if nursing. You won't be able to work out after for about 8 weeks. Don't do anything sooner, your body is not ready. Keep up with healthy nutrition and extra calories especially if nursing.

Then once the 8 weeks is over, your body will recover very quickly due to muscle memory.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #9  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I don't know about all the various workouts, but there is a lady that is in my zumba class that kept going the entire time, to the point that I am pretty sure she gave birth in the evening after having done zumba that morning. She and the baby were both awesomely healthy and even the doc was impressed with how easy the birth was. She was back at it (baby in tow) a couple weeks later and she is doing just great. I'm pretty sure she also continued with her running/jogging throughout the pregnancy. I would think to maybe keep it low impact until you know for sure and have talked to a doc about what is safe and what is not.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 212/216/150

Height: 5'3

Well are ya knocked up? They have that First Response kit that tells you 5 days before your missed period.
CrystalZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:16 PM   #11  

I didn't buy the test, but after today, I will most definitely be buying it. I feel just as "nauseated" as I did yesterday. I have been pregnant before, so this is very familiar ground lol

Don't you hate it when you start having "all" of the pregnancy symptoms?? LOL

Fitgirly, that is crazy about that lady! I am pretty regular at the gym too, so I wouldn't want to give it up now.

If I am pregnant, I will be sure to watch the core work outs. I will know soon. I promise to get back on the boards asap.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #12  

I luckily didn't buy a test, TOM came. Thank you all for your support and advice. I did learn some things for when I do get pregnant again
Old 06-06-2011, 12:40 AM   #13  
I think I can...

I just love being pregnant lol. Too bad I'm not rich, I'd have like 7. Denise Austin has a pregnancy workout DVD which is nice. And you don't have to gain a bunch of weight just because you're pregnant. I have 3 and only gained about 15 lbs with each of them and that weight was gone in weeks. I gain weight when I'm not pregnant, go figure. So with a healthy well balanced diet and some moderate exercise you will be fine! Congrats either way!
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote