The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 12-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin Jenn View Post
If he's one of the new trainers ...woohoo! He's very easy on the eyes.
haha, yeah.. I wouldn't mind watching him and Bob on the show
Old 12-29-2010, 02:40 PM   #17  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post
haha, yeah.. I wouldn't mind watching him and Bob on the show
Shirtless....shirtless all the time.

Can that be put in the contract?
Old 12-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

we were just talking about instructors with too much butt crack. Pants hanging way to low. Jillian I think is the Winner over Jackie Werner.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 169/169/125

Height: 5'7"

i heard she wanted to start a family.... but part of me thinks she's mad that they brought new trainers in
Old 01-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #20  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Jillian has said before that she wanted a talk show. She has also said she didn't want to compete with Oprah. This is Oprah's last season. Coincidence? I wouldn't be surprised if Jillian has a show on Oprah's new network. I don't think that Jillian is leaving because they hired new trainers to push her out, they aren't that stupid. They hired new trainers because she's leaving and I don't think there's any changing her mind this time.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:47 AM   #21  

at least she knows or has an agenda to know when it's time to move on. It's nothing wrong in moving on. Sometimes we need a push in life to do it but she's doing it before she gets push. She made her mark and now she can make many more in the Fitness industry..
Old 05-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #22  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

She is currently in the process of adopting a baby from AFrica. She said she wants kids and I think that she wants a talk show too.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:00 PM   #23  

I know you all can tell from my avatar, I'm African American. I would like to know, what is the big appeal for White America to adopt African Babies and Chinese Babies? I don't get it.

Are they trying to show the world they really do love us or they feel African Babies are more available?

Why not just adopt a baby in their own state and enjoy the baby.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:13 PM   #24  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

Quote:
I know you all can tell from my avatar, I'm African American. I would like to know, what is the big appeal for White America to adopt African Babies and Chinese Babies? I don't get it.

Are they trying to show the world they really do love us or they feel African Babies are more available?

From what I understand it's more time consuming, costly, and more red tape to adopt privately in the states. Also many people don't wish to be foster parents and not know if the child's parental rights will get severed or if the child will go back with their bio parents etc

other people's view from a quick google search:
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/544550

Last edited by pinkflower; 05-25-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:13 PM   #25  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post

tytbody, that's a good question! I'm not African American and I also wonder what people's motive is....my guess is that most people do it because they just want a baby to love and some of those people want a baby that is not likely to get adopted by others and some of those people might find that it's not as pricey as adopting a caucasian baby (this is a wild guess) and I've heard that caucasian babies are less available. I know someone who adopted two kids from Russia who were Asian in appearance. They didn't have a lot of money but now they have a family, which I think is great.

I seriously doubt that people's motive is to show that they really do love a certain minority group. Adoption is a serious matter and I can't imagine anyone taking it lightly. I could be wrong and would love to hear other opinions though!
Old 05-27-2011, 10:35 AM   #26  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post

Well, I have to tell you that if I was into adopting a baby, I would not adopt an African baby for sure! If I had to choose from non-Caucasian ones, my choice would be Latin American (Peru, Ecuador, something like that).
I don't know how it works in the US (I am in Canada) but I have a friend who adopted 2 babies from China. I asked her the same question (when they were getting baby #1) - I thought that people would want, in general, a caucasion baby because it would not be apparent, at a glance, that the baby was not their biological baby. (not that there is anything wrong with adoption, of course). She explained to me that it cost approximately $20,000 to get a Chinese baby versus over $30,000 for a Russian baby. Also, the adoption from China - or rather the price for adoption from China - included a trip to China to pick up the baby and at the same time, a week or so of a vacation cruise (for the entire group of adoptive parents) to bond with their new babies. I believe the trip to Russia to pick up the baby would have to be paid for on top of the price of the adoption.
However, they got the first baby some 6 years ago so my memory is a bit hazy, but this was it in a nutshell.

I don't recall why they didn't try other countries - Romania, for example - but it could be because they had to go through an agency and perhaps each agency "provides" kids from a few select countries only, don't know.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:15 AM   #27  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Also, I wanted to add that when my friend was submitting the adoption request for baby # 2, she had to hurry to get it done before a certain deadline because China "closed the gate" on international adoptions. I was surprised to hear that because I thought they must have tons of babies, especially girls who not highly valued. If the decision still holds, I don't know.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:30 PM   #28  

and that rule is still going on?? the only want a boy baby? In 2011??????
yes, there are a lot of other countries I would think would be cool to adopt from. I'm an adoptive parent of 32 years. I got my son right here in good ol, USA, and daughter.

So I guess there must be trips and a lot of hoopla about save the country or some of it is going to the country and could be a tax write off.

Still not a good enough reason. Adoption is great but I think the children just don't get the full gist of their own heritage when adopted out of the one they were born in. Lot of work. Lot of work explaining to children as it is. You still worry, at leas I do, Did i do it right?... lol

But it's not for me to say if I did it right or wrong. I did the best I could and that was part of my job here on earth.

Maybe I should look at it as it being the adoptive parents job to get those children here in USA so they can do the job they were also called to do.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:33 PM   #29  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I don't know all the reasons that people adopt from Africa. I know that some just see all the heartbreak that goes on there for an orphan and want to do what they can. My husband and I are in the middle of adopting from the U.S. foster system. We have told them that we don't care what race the child(ren) is. I know that our reason for that is that we truly do not care about the color of our children's skin. We want children to love and we want to be able to provide a loving forever home to children who may otherwise not have one. It doesn't and shouldn't matter what color they are. I am hoping that something similar is the reason behind Jillian (and others) adopting from other countries. Family is about love, not matching skin.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:40 PM   #30  

I am very glad to hear you reason for adopting from U.S. Foster system. I just wish the *stars* didn't glorify it like it's a right of passage. Loving children that got here is awesome. These children would otherwise have a more difficult life if left with the parents who are unable to handle the responsibility.

The movie, the Blind Side, great movie. I can appreciate that love.