South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 05:07 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Daily Chat-Tuesday, May 31

Good Morning

Coffee is ready! I'll be right back....it's time to grab a cup!

I wouldn't have minded sleeping in but my mom told me it was supposed to freeze hard tonight. She saw it on the news. I didn't really believe it could but figured I owed it to our hard work to check on the garden. It's 40 so I think we're fine...it's still snowing in the high country.

Today is another meeting filled day...after the pool of course. We're into our summer schedule now as the pool opens at 730am. It makes for a really early class but really frees the day up.

What's up in your world? Stop by and say hi!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 05-31-2011 at 05:15 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:13 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Hi Debbie,
Wow - a frost? It was 90 degrees here yesterday! The weather is completely wacky. We had the ac on and it was so nice. Yesterday I went to Ikea and got some new curtains for my son's room. We also cleaned it up and rearranged and he got rid of a lot of toys because he is 'planning' to get a lot of new toys for his birthday, which is next week. He likes it but told me that on July 14 he is changing it back to the way it was. Kids are so funny sometimes.

I have to remind myself that today is Tuesday, not Monday - otherwise I'll just come straight home and forget to pick my son up at his after school program. I hope it is not crazy at work. I have to make a couple of calls to deal with issues with my parents. I realize that my biggest struggle here is going to be not having their issues take over my whole life. Yesterday I was so anxious/tense and short with my son and husband, which did nothing to help my parents out and was not good for my family. If anyone has any tried and true coping strategies, I'd appreciate hearing them.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm going to get back on track with food and exercise.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Lexiss - hard frost?!?! We're hitting 93 degrees here today....not looking forward to it. What a crazy year it's been!

MMCK - my only recommendation is wine. LOL. I would love coping strategies as well, this was NOT a good weekend.

I need need need to get better eating. I think I will, then undermine myself. I have to figure out where I want to be!

It is going to be HOT here today, and our work a/c doesn't keep up well. I'm taking off for a swim once the kids are on the bus, then off to work until 7 tonight .

Keep cool, chicks!
Old 05-31-2011, 06:17 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Debbie and Beachers yet to arrive Wow, it's finally warming up here, hard to believe you're still so close to frost. What a weird year. The pool sounds like a perfect way to start your day.

It's back to work for me today. Two long days with evening meetings/trainings, then a "normal" day and my first Friday off. I'm going to get my garden in no matter what! I'm also fitting in a good walk each day in preparation for the 10K on Sunday.

I was looking forward to my weigh-in this morning after a full week on Phase 1. It really paid off this time. I am really happy to see the numbers going down but it just really verifies how badly I was eating. The only time I see losses like that in Phase 1 is when my carbs have been way too high. I'm going to complete the full two weeks. I know the loss will slow but I'm still fighting cravings and I really want this under control before the ice cream season really gets rolling.

Summer has arrived in New England. I wish spring had lasted longer than a week but I'm glad it's warming up and drying out a little. My yard still is more marsh than yard but it's slowly drying out.

Hope your work week is off to a gentle start.

ETA - Mathilda & Twynn came in while I was typing. It just feels so much hotter without any transition. I had to pull out capris for the weekend because they were still packed. It's been so cold there was no point!

Last edited by CyndiM; 05-31-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Beach Chicks!

Summer is definitely paying us a visit here with the 3 H's; hazy, hot & humid! You could tell that the weather was taking it's toll yesterday, because no one had much of an appetite, although it was a fun day, and the pool got a real workout.

I'll be spending most of the next few days at the Devon Horse Show, which I always enjoy. Cindy is competing in a lot of the events and I'll be taking the girls out of school at noon each day so we can go watch her. Richard is out of the country for the next two weeks so I'll be doing double-time, what with the horse show and polo. Good thing I only have a 3 day week this week! (I'm assuming I'll still have Friday off, although that could change. )
Old 05-31-2011, 06:55 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Weather is so weird! I still have winter clothing upstairs although the summer stuff is ready to roll. We got all the way up to 76ºF yesterday and it sure felt good to be in cooler clothes. I went to the doctor yesterday afternoon and stopped to buy two half barrel planters and almost all the plants for the Village plantings on the way home. The lad at the garden centre could not believe I fitted it all into my Focus and still had free space in the front.

It sounds like everyone has a summery day planned. If you run out of things to do, drive up to Delta and help me plant.

Stay cool and hydrated. Methinks summer has started before June 21st but I could be wrong - been married twice.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Debbie - Cold there? It's summer temps here all week.

Matilda - I am nagging my son to "clean" his room now that school is over and he is leaving soon, or I'll do it for him. And me doing it entails a big trash bag. Sorry about the stress with taking care of your parents.

Twynn - Enjoy your swim. Keep cool!

Cyndi - Glad that PH1 is working for you. I might need a bit of craving detox myself right now.

Linda - I've never seen a horse show; sounds interesting.

Ruth - Oh you cracked me up! I bet you are right this time.

I was back OP yesterday after major grad party off plan crap binging but then we took my son out to dinner, his choice. He wanted Japanese steakhouse. I avoided all the rice and noodles they served but there is sooo much butter and salt that the scale is up, up, up. He starts his long drive back to campus today.

It dawned on me this morning with him leaving again and graduation done, I need a project! I woke up on the wrong side of bed since someone was snoring on the other side and today it was really pissing me off! Okay, no more whining.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:22 AM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

OK - officially changing my goal to 150. I know with the graduation season about to hit, things may be tough this month, but I feel like 150 is doable, even if it is slow. That was the lower end of college days, so we will see!!!

I had an amazing weekend with my Ultimate kids in Pittsburgh. Both my girls and my boys took 3rd in the state - it was TREMENDOUS. AND I lost weight while I was gone! This morning was actually 156 on the scale, but I never change my ticker until it has been two days in a row.

The heat got me to start the pool system up, so hopefully it will be ready next weekend. DH was going to start the process Friday when I left town, but DD1 and DD2 were rather time consuming . . . but he did get the cover off Sunday, so it was able to get going yesterday.

Everyone be well -
Old 05-31-2011, 12:38 PM   #9  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning! Well, it is 12:35. It will be close to 100 today, says the weatherman cheerily.

I'm cleaning up odds and ends -- laundry, balancing checkbook, cleaning kitchen. I'll be seeing the Cuban Ballet tonight, to which I'd be looking forward if I didn't have to go outside get to it!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:02 PM   #10  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone! It is so interesting to hear about the weather all across the country. Its a breezy 60* here by the beach in SoCal. My alarm didn't go off this morning, so I didn't get to workout. Luckily my office has a gym so I'll hit that at lunch to make up for it. Today is my first day on Phase 2 after a disappointing Phase 1. But trying to stay positive and march on ahead.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:10 PM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good afternoon,

From having the furnace on just a couple of days ago to the air conditioner. Its suppose to cool down tomorrow.

A funny thing happened yesterday, I'm driving along and a woman in a car ahead of me has three artificial sunflowers taped to the antenna. I just said to myself there goes Debbie.

Matilda, its hard to give advice, everyones situation is so different.
take care
Sophie
Old 05-31-2011, 02:22 PM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie View Post
A funny thing happened yesterday, I'm driving along and a woman in a car ahead of me has three artificial sunflowers taped to the antenna. I just said to myself there goes Debbie.
I'm smiling When I do get to your neck of the woods I will put a sunflower on my antenna! But I will let you know I'm coming ahead of time!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:22 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Just popping in to say hello. Hi ladies!!! *waves*
Closed Thread