Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 12:19 PM   #1  

Default Scales?

If I step on the scales several times in a row, I could have a number anywhere on a 3 pound spread. Yesterday, I just averaged them out. I was trying to find a weight that showed up several times in a row, but it would then go a pound up, a pound down. Really frustrating.

Is anyone here a scale expert? What's the best bathroom scale? (I'm not going to buy one of those giant doctor office ones - I know they are the best.)

Thanks!
Old 05-23-2003, 12:26 PM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Okay...I have the same problem with the scale myself. This is what I do: I weigh myself until I get the same number three times in a row, but I never weigh myself more than six times. If I can't get the same number three times in a row (which doesn't happen very often), I average the six and round up to the nearest pound.

As far as good scale goes, you can find them at places like Bed Bath & Beyond, but a good scale is going to cost you upwards of $75. I'm just not willing to spend that kind of money on a scale.
Old 05-23-2003, 01:53 PM   #3  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Girls.... are we a little scale obsessed? Six times in a row?

A good scale is expensive, a low battery is also going to produce less accurate responses too.

I love my scale (Target, I think it was called Yoga) because it's pretty.

I weigh myself once a day, and take a average for the week. That also prevents me from the whole binge at the beginning of the week, and starve when you know you're getting back on the scale (very common in those WW circles).

But I rely more heavily on the ol' measuring tape. I went from a hip measurement of 57" to 53" and that feel more concrete to me.
Old 05-23-2003, 06:47 PM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I agree about the whole binge/starve thing being pretty common in WW circles. I do WW Online, and I see that stuff on the boards over there a lot. There are people who don't eat ANYTHING the day before weigh-in, which is totally against the whole idea of WW...

And I'm not as scale-obsessed as I used to be! I only weigh once a week, so I'm basically doing the same thing Jessica is (weighing daily and averaging the weights for a weekly weight). There was a time in my disordered days when I would weigh myself every single time I passed a scale. Sometimes, this would be up to 10 times a DAY!
Closed Thread