Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 04-21-2011, 05:27 PM   #1  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default Plus-size nursing bras

Okay ladies, I moved from a 38HH to a 40K with this pregnancy and I read this morning that your nursing bra should be one cup size bigger than your current bra size. I can't seem to find one anywhere. I do have a specialty store where I shop for my bras. My guess is that we're (we meaning me and my boobs) are going to have to go for a bigger band size to compensate for not enough cup size. Oh but I hate that.

Advice? Ideas?
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:34 PM   #2  

Height: 5'3"

I buy mine through www.figleaves.com, I found up to 40J in nursing but not K. Hopefully someone else will chime in with another option.
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:03 PM   #3  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Well, in case anyone is interested, I went to my specialty shop and found that the brand Hot Milk (oh dear) actually runs a bit big. So, I'm all set with one bra so I can get home and get started. They recommend that you come back after the baby is born to be fitted once the milk comes in.

My Cute Boyfriend thinks the bra should be called Hot MILF. Silly, silly!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I didn't need a cup size larger. Even once my milk came in, my son nursed so often that I never needed the extra room. Even now that he's nursing less often it's not an issue. Sure, at times, my bra was/is a bit snug; not enough to need a bigger size. I like nursing bras with a bit of stretch.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #5  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I needed a much larger bra after my babies were born than during the pregnancy, and it is hard to find comfortable bras in my size (38J). The best I have found for comfort, if not shape, is the nursing bras by Goddess. I have been alternating between two of them for upwards of seven months now, and they are still in great condition. The elastic is strong, they wash well, and most important for me they are very comfortable to sleep in (I leak for months after birth, if my breasts don't have some compression in a bra and nursing pads).

I'm glad you found ones you liked, Jessica! Hot Milk are gorgeous bras, if they had been in the budget I'd have definitely gone for some
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #6  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

People used to need larger sized bras, nowadays, most do not because most bras are made of a microfiber or other material that has a give in it. Most women do not go up by several cup sizes.

I love Anita bras. Expensive but good.

PS - I don't make up the above comment on sizing, I'm taking my IBCLC Boards in July.
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #7  
Back with a story

I love Anita, as well. I had no luck finding them with a big cup and smaller band, but when I had a big cup AND band the first go around, they were my favorite.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

When I stopped nursing, I went from cup size E to maybe a large C small D. I had a friend who was maybe a D before having her 2nd son and a DDD when nursing and never went down when she weaned.

Just make sure your bra always fits well. If you need to get a different size do so! The last thing you want is mastitis (clogged milk duct). I ended up in an emergency clinic on Christmas Eve with a 103 fever.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:31 PM   #9  
Back with a story

I still can't believe I've never had mastitis or a clogged duct, after nursing three babies! I'm sorry it made you so sick, and right before a christmas, no less
Old 05-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

The mastitis sounds scary.

You do know that you can get stretchy bras which incorporate several sizes, right? I actually wear maternity sleep bras all the time, as I spend a lot of my day lying in bed and ordinary bras are blindingly uncomfortable when you lie down. The Bravado Body Silk is good, for instance.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:38 AM   #11  

I have an awkward size of 36H and i have the WORST time. (H was my post pregnancy size) At the moment, I found some things from Leading Lady that were in my size and I have found to be so comfy I slept in it. I have a lacy one I got a couple months ago and I'm in love with it. So definitely check out the nursing bras from them
ojmcwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #12  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I just went with a regular bra that was wireless and hiked it up to nurse. I'd tried some Bravado but honestly... it was easier to hike up and it opened up my size options considerably than to stick to the nursing bras.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #13  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrophe View Post
I just went with a regular bra that was wireless and hiked it up to nurse. I'd tried some Bravado but honestly... it was easier to hike up and it opened up my size options considerably than to stick to the nursing bras.

A.
this is what I did as well, for cost and comfort. At home, I mostly wore sports tops similar to these http://www.danskin.com/product/3801/...k-Bra-Top.html I also wore them to sleep, and the extra support was quite helpful

when I was out, I wore wirefree bras that were a little bit more fitted but stretchy enough that I could just lift them up and out of the way to nurse.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote