Old 05-25-2011, 06:00 AM   #1  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Default Red Team 2011 BL Summer Meltdown Challenge Get To Know Your Team Thread

Dear Red Team Members,

To those of you who are returning welcome back! To those brand new to the challenge welcome! This is going to be a great summer adventure for all of us as we continue/begin our weight loss journeys together. As team leader, I am simply the “number cruncher” each week. I am the same as you. I struggle with my weight loss. I have good days and bad days. We all live busy lives and have many things going on. My hope for this summer challenge is that as a team we can come to this thread weekly seeking encouragement, support, and understanding from people who are experiencing similar things. We do not all lose weight the same way. What works for one, might not work for another. But this thread is a great tool to see what other people are doing and what’s working for them.

These first few days between May 25th-May 29th is so that we can get to know our team members. On May 29th I will post the official threads for the first week.

Sincerely,
Shannon

Important Challenge Information:
Please read this thread for important information: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/bigg...enges-faq.html

Each week on Sunday evenings, I will post the weekly chat thread, nutrition journal, and last chance workout journal. It is up to you which you would like to participate in. However, please note, in order to be eligible for weekly biggest loser and overall biggest loser you do have to participate at least once in the weekly chat threads.

Please copy and paste to the weigh in thread your weigh journal. You will come back to it each week to post your weekly weigh in. You DO NOT have to post your weigh in on Sundays, simply by Sundays at 10pm AST time (google it ). Example: If Sarah weighs in on Wednesdays at her Weight Watcher meetings, then she can post her weekly weigh in on Wednesdays each week. Then when the team leader calculates on Sunday she will have already entered in her weekly weigh in. You only get 2 freebies for the whole challenge so use them wisely if you must. If you don’t weigh in by 10pm AST, then as team leader I will allocate a freebie to you. If you use two of your freebies and then miss another weigh in you will be changed to an unofficial member and you can continue tracking your progress but your totals won’t count towards the official team numbers.

Week 1 Weigh-in (6/5):
Week 2 Weigh-in (6/12):
Week 3 Weigh-in (6/19):
Week 4 Weigh-in (6/26):
Week 5 Weigh-in (7/3):
Week 6 Weigh-in (7/10):
Week 7 Weigh-in (7/17):
Week 8 Weigh-in (7/24):
Week 9 Weigh-in (7/31):
Week 10 Weigh-in (8/7):
Week 11 Weigh-in (8/14):
Week 12 Weigh-in (8/21):
Week 13 Weigh-in (8/28):

Last edited by shan84; 05-25-2011 at 06:00 AM.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:35 AM   #2  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Good morning RED team! Today is a beautiful day to Meltdown! We're gonna rock this challenge!

Last edited by bethbeth; 05-25-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:00 AM   #3  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Summer meltdown - I like it! Hopefully there's a whole lot of melting going on in here!

This is my second BL challenge and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone again. Since the last challenge, I've cracked into onederland, upped my running and strength training and signed up for a few races. I'm a calorie counter and I eat a mostly whole foods diet because I love food and by eating like this I get to enjoy more of it!

Good luck everyone!
Old 05-25-2011, 09:49 AM   #4  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

I'm really looking forward to the challenge. I participated consistently a few years back. I did eventually stop because as a binger the focus on the weighing and weight was too much for me. I'm in a better place now.

Summer is a great time to lose weight. It is my busiest time of year at work and I need focus. Last night was our first training of the season and my staff said "you're shrinking". I told them this was only the beginning.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:53 AM   #5  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
I'm really looking forward to the challenge. I participated consistently a few years back. I did eventually stop because as a binger the focus on the weighing and weight was too much for me. I'm in a better place now.

Summer is a great time to lose weight. It is my busiest time of year at work and I need focus. Last night was our first training of the season and my staff said "you're shrinking". I told them this was only the beginning.
Great answer! There's one man at work that keeps saying "Whoa, you keep getting smaller!" to which I reply "That's the whole idea...."

This is my busiest time of year at work too. The upside is that I'm up and walking almost all day long, but the downside is the stress level being higher and having less time to focus on my food and meals.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #6  

I don't really know where to post this since where the teams have been announced is closed....but I signed up to be joined to a team (at 9:37 before the deadline was) and I wasn't put on a team

I was really looking forward to this......
Old 05-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Good morning folks! Looking forward to getting to know all of you! I'm pumped for this challenge- trying to kick up my efforts a few notches!
Old 05-25-2011, 11:36 AM   #8  
Getting There!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/155

Hello Red Team!

I'm really looking forward to this challenge and getting to chat with everyone on here. We are going to be fat melting machines!
Old 05-25-2011, 12:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/278/160

Height: 5'7

HELLO RED TEAM!!!

I am stoked to be participating!! I have been trying to run a wee bit (just about 100 steps at a time, then walk until I can breath again, then another 100 steps), but realize that once my kids are out of school, this will be a lot harder. Some backyard activities that I plan for us to be doing often this summer are badminton, soccer and we're planning on getting a trampoline. I am hoping I am not too heavy for it!

I am HOPING to make it into the 230's while doing this challenge, but we will see! I am also a calorie counter (between 1600-1800 calories a day), and aspire to do a triathlon next summer.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 93/78/65 kg

Height: 172 cm

Hi Red Team ...

Its winter down here .... but hopefully I'll keep warm enought to melt

Looking forward to getting to know you all ...

I'm hoping for a bit a kickstart to finish the secod half of my weightloss..
Old 05-25-2011, 12:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Hello Red Team!

Excited to be joining you all!
Old 05-25-2011, 02:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 265/213/180

Height: 6'1.5

Hello Red Team! This is my first Biggest Loser Challenge and I'm so excited! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. Good luck!
Old 05-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 201/ see ticker/135

Hi everybody, I've never done this before and new still to the list so I'm assuming we are trying to loose as much weight as possible and the team that looses the most wins? I'm excited to get started!!! I've been on target for 6 weeks now without a single cheat so I hope to help pull my part!
Old 05-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #14  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone. This will be my first challenge and I am really excited about it. The added effect of being accountable not just to myself, but also to my team will just motivate me even more than I already am. I had started running, but my knees are not happy so I have been icing and resting for a few days. I think I need to decide on a different type of exercise until they are a little stronger.
Good luck to all of you!
Old 05-25-2011, 05:30 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Everybody!

Hey SHAY!!! I remember you from a few years ago! Good to see you!

I'm 45. I'm married to a great guy. (My 2nd husband.) We have a large, blended family. I have two sons of my own and a niece I adopted. My husband has four children; two girls and two boys. My husband is older than I am by 11 years so most of his kids were grown and on their own before we were married.

In early 2007, after some very difficult personal issues, I left my high-pressure job and began a "Happiness Journey." My journey included getting in touch with the inner me, discovering what brings me joy, and becoming more healthy - which resulted in losing weight. It was during this time that I was involved in several BL challenges on this site.

I lost about 50 pounds, was happy and energetic, so I went back to college in January of 2009 to fulfill my lifelong dream of being a nurse. I started putting on about 5 pounds every semester. To date, I am up 20 pounds from where I was and I want it OFF!

That's why I'm here. I used my Wii Fit for a while this morning and then did an hour and forty minute hike with my sister. My strategy is to workout like a BL contestant as often as I can and eat healthy! I've also given up alcohol - which is hard for me because wine is something I absolutely adore.

I look forward to reading everybody's stories!