General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #1  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Default So this is new...

I am not used to male attention! I wore a little "skort" today. It looks entirely like a skirt from the outside. I guess it's a little short. It's extremely comfortable because to me it feels like shorts! So I guess I have a bit of confidence going on that I generally lack when I'm trying to hide myself in a skirt.

Anyway...one male co-worker passed me in the hallway with a wink and said, "Looking good". How do you respond to that? "Thanks"?

And just now another male co-worker's eyes started at my feet and painfully SLOWLY worked their way up to my face. I was thinking, "Whoa Buddy, eyes up here!"

Two in one day. And I have never, ever experienced this.

How do you all react? I'm both flattered and creeped out!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:44 PM   #2  

You are thin and cute, so from now on the men will check you out. That is just normal behavior for a guy when he likes what he sees. Most don't even realize they are doing it. (Body language)

If they politely mention anything again, just say "Thanks".
If they say something creepy, just tell them they are acting like a creep, or just ignore them.

I had an obnoxious creep stalking me at work for days, constantly trying to get a date with no let-up, so I had to report him to management.

But if a compliment comes from a guy you would like to know better, just say "Thanks, and you look great too!."

JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:44 PM   #3  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Coworker #1: "Thanks!"
Coworker #2: Stare at his crotch and then look at his face, see how he likes it.

It's hard to tell sometimes whether you feel flattered, violated, or an exciting combination of the two. I can't really offer any advice aside from "don't let anyone convince you that your body is anything other than your own." If someone makes you uncomfortable, it's within your every right to feel annoyed or angry. I know you're a strong chick and this probably won't be an issue but some women feel like they "should" be grateful for any and all male attention they receive, even when it makes them uncomfortable.

I used to sort of "let" it happen. Then I moved to Japan, where I am below average looks-wise and men generally don't stare or wolf-whistle or anything. I got very comfortable and happy feeling "safe," even walking alone at 2 am in the biggest cities I do not feel threatened.

When I visit Western countries I am now appalled and disgusted that so many men look at us like we're porterhouse steaks or pork chops. I've definitely let out a few "KEEP WALKING," "YOU WANNA F-IN STARE SOME MORE?!" etc in my day.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:43 PM   #4  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Well I'm a bit of a stickler for modest dress (all skirts at least at my knees, so they don't make me self conscious when I sit!) so that avoids a lot of this, but when someone verbally compliments me I make sure to take it graciously. A sunny smile and 'thanks!' makes me AND them feel good

I'm sure you looked beautiful, but I'd probably return the ruder look like Krampus suggested

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 05-23-2011 at 11:46 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:25 AM   #5  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
Well I'm a bit of a stickler for modest dress (all skirts at least at my knees, so they don't make me self conscious when I sit!) so that avoids a lot of this, but when someone verbally compliments me I make sure to take it graciously. A sunny smile and 'thanks!' makes me AND them feel good

I'm sure you looked beautiful, but I'd probably return the ruder look like Krampus suggested
Uh yeah...me too! I hate skirt lengths these days! That's why I took to this one. It really feels like shorts, but looks like a skirt. I have to remind myself to sit like a lady! LOL!

The first guy I found flattering. The second guy was creepy.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #6  

It IS a weird feeling, isn't it? I never really thought about how weird compliments from males can feel.

I was once told by a former bf in college that I seem to be unable to accept compliments. I told him I was trying to be modest. He told me when people give you a compliment, they want to hear "Thanks!" and not a word about how you think they're wrong.

So that's what I do now, but I have to admit, it makes me feel like I'm also saying, "I know".
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:04 AM   #7  
Calorie counter

I do like compliments. There's a thread in the men's section about male compliments, actually, and I posted that I think they should power on! I was flattered by the man who said, "Looking good" and it put me in a really good mood, though it did take me off guard. I'm just not used to it. It's the eyeballing that wigged me out.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:38 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
I do like compliments. There's a thread in the men's section about male compliments, actually, and I posted that I think they should power on! I was flattered by the man who said, "Looking good" and it put me in a really good mood, though it did take me off guard. I'm just not used to it. It's the eyeballing that wigged me out.
Is it better or worse that it is from someone you know? LOL

There's a guy in my small town that I don't know but I bump into him at the post office occassionally. His mama did not tell him that it's creepy to stand and stare with his jaw dropped open. I swear, it's like he's never seen a woman before. The worst part? I don't think his body has seen a shower in years.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:31 PM   #9  
is chubby

Hehe Smile as if you get that a lot... and then suddenly you DO get it alot Confidense is sexy and magnetizes more attention
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I have worn skorts and find that although shorter than skirts they are not immodest. They are sort of a skirt/short combination if you are unfamiliar with them. When a guy pays you a compliment just say thank you. If he is leering at you and making you uncomfortable ignore him . He'll give up.If he doesn't than report him, as this would be considered sexual harassment, but first give him a break he may just be stupid.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote