Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-24-2011, 01:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/183/150

Height: 5'5

Default What has worked for you???

Hey all!
I'm Jordan from California... I turned 24 last month and as a birthday present to myself I've decided to really try and change my life and get healthy. I've had other health priorities for the last year and a half, but things are stable now and it's about time.

I've been on weight watchers for about 2 weeks and am working out with Bar Method classes 2-3 times a week since a month ago... I started off 197 lbs when I weighed myself the sunday before last, and am now 189. So far so good, I know, but I really think I need to step it up with some cardio. Bar method is AWESOME, in that it really works my muscles, arms, legs, abs, and butt, in a REAL way, but I think I'm missing some heart pumping cardio!

I HATE running... I would LOVE it if anyone could share some tips, hints or suggestions for fat burning techniques. I'm specifically trying to target my glutes and tummy... Of course my legs and arms need help too What kind of machines will give me visible results? I have a gym at my country club with a ton of machines and its about time that I make use of it! Also, I'm open to a dance or other class...

So thanks in advance for ANY responses!!! I am so stoked that I found this community... You ALL are huge inspirations for me! I was not a heavy kid and I cannot wait to live an active healthy life!!!! And good luck to you!
BabyGotBack123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:31 AM   #2  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Well, unfortunately, you cannot target specific areas of the bod when it comes to reducing fat. Been there, tried that. But what I did find is that when I did lose the fat in that area the muscles underneath were nice and toned! So just because you can’t spot reduce doesn’t mean it’s not doing anything for you in the long run so keep doing strength training and you’ll reap the rewards of it later. And let weight watchers take care of the excess weight side of things! There is a great exercise forum on this board. I definitely recommend checking it out.

For me personally, I start with a 15 minute cardio session (elliptical as it gets my heart rate up FAST), then I do about 30-45 minutes of weights and then another 30-40 minutes of cardio (elliptical or treadmill). I have to change up my routine ever few weeks though because by body gets used to it and I don’t feel it “working” like I normally do.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote