Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 08:57 AM   #1  

Thumbs down Thursday May 22

Wow 10 posts yesterday.....that is an all time high as of late!

We had soccer last night and then everybody into bed early.

It is a beautiful sunny day today......my house is relatively clean as I had my housekeeper in for the first time on Tues....wow it was worth every cent!

Today I pick up the girls from Kindergarten and then I think we will have a picnic lunch at the park and then I will take them to the gym where they can play together while I work out for the first time in almost a week!

I am pulling out all my scrapping stuff as I have a big workshop this weekend...I haven't done a thing since the fall and am a bit overwhelmed by the amount of catching up I have to do but that is ok..it will be so great to get at it again.

Gonna go shopping for some plants today too.....might even do a few pots tomorrow.......dare to dream....it is still getting pretty cold at night.

Well I think I will go have a cup of coffee before the house wakes up.....it was a restless night....my poor body doesn't know if it is coming or going and last night was the first of 6 that it laid down at night......

Have a great day everyone and I will check in later.

Congrats to all you gals who are dropping pounds......I am really happy for you.

What does everyone think about a slimfast kick start.........my aunt got the powder and she has two drinks a day and then one meal at 5 pm? Any thoughts?

Bye

Elizabeth
Old 05-22-2003, 10:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Liz!

so good to see you! you sound like you have lots planned while you are off! you go girl!

it was great to see some activity on the boards yesterday.

I am taking off at noon to go get the groceries for the party tomorrow night, and then this afternoon we are going up to the youth house to get everything set up and decorated. Tomorrow we have some ceremonies at school and then graduation tomorrow night and the celebration after that. The rest of the weekend is even busier then that but I am thrilled to be doing all of this for our son's graduation. Life is good! :-)

I hope everybody is doing well! I will try to check in some over the next few days and check the posts, but I probably won't post again this Monday.

Hope everybody has a blessed day and weekend!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 05-22-2003, 01:27 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Goils,

Lizzy, as for the slimfast... yah never know until you try it, it might be right for you ? I get tummy ache's from slimfast ?? go figure ?
I'm all for people trying different ways b/c we are all different and what works for me may not work for you. Let us know.

Cathy have fun at the party, wish I could go shopping with you. Actually I just got back from Sears. Got some summer dresses for the wee one to wear at church.

Everyone have a blessed day !!!
Enjoy
Hugs, Leenie
Old 05-22-2003, 02:47 PM   #4  

HI all

Sorry I have been MIA for awhile. Not to much was going on to even write about.

Last weekend hubby and I were REALLY sick with some kind of stomach thing and I am just now feeling complete again. It was so bad I couldn't even stand up or sit up for that matter.

I didn't read back on all of the posts but it sounds like from today everyone is working on the diet. Am I right?

I am not a fan of liquid diets Liz. I don't think slim fast has enough nutients or is a big enough serving for a meal. Just my opinion. I do have access to meal replacment bars so it is a little easier for me. I could recommend a few if you would like.

Cathy aren't you just loving the south Lousisana weather right now?

Leens thanks for the reminder e-mail. Sorry I sat out for so long.
Old 05-22-2003, 03:26 PM   #5  

Hi everyone

It was raining again when I woke up this morning. In the last few weeks most of the days have been either rainy or cloudy or overcast.....have been using the light box.

When I woke up today....didn't feel like getting up....felt sort of down.....but started to feel better after I used the light box & had my coffee. Even the dog was feeling sort of down.....he was walking in the kitchen with his head down.....the weather does seem to affect him also.

The dog is happier now.....he has gone for a car ride with DH....DH is going to pick up a green house he ordered a few weeks ago.

Well....I should go & get something done around here.

April
Old 05-22-2003, 04:33 PM   #6  

Angry Hey everybody!

Nice to see everybody contributing.........what bars do you suggest Kemp?

Hey speaking of graduations is it true that in some parts of the states blacks and whites have separate graduations? There was something in our local newspaper regarding that last weekend.

I have been to the gym......I worked out for just over an hour...my heart wasn't in it.....still hung over from my nights and a migraine I treated this morning......but at least I went.

My dd 5 and her friend are out swinging in the back yard....they should be good and played out after swimming, the gym playcare and now lots of fresh air.

Well I think I will kick up on one of my deck chairs and read a book.

Drinking water today too......have had over 1000 mls so far....bye for now!

Eliz
Old 05-22-2003, 09:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

hi everyone~

Just got home from supper out at the Keg... is daughter's 15th birthday today. We did well and stuck to lowcarb.. I was at a conference today and had to eat there... I made it!! My carb cravings have been gone for more than a few days now... what a difference!

April, if that light box is doing the trick... you go girl!! That is so awesome you've found something to help!

Liz, I tried SlimFast a few times (some years back)... it didn't keep me going between meals.. I was starving.. except I realize now (in my case) it was playing havoc with the insulin levels.. too much sugar and carbs for me....... having said that, I have a friend who lost over 30 pounds on it (2x a day; meal at supper), then after she lost the first 30, she switched to 2 meals a day and 1 SlimFast, then 3 meals a day. She's down 60 pounds now.

The Atkins bars are pretty good! I know I'm not supposed to have them on Induction, but I had one today because of the conference I was at. I needed something portable for mid morning and mid afternoon snacks, and somehow, peeled boiled eggs just didn't seem appropriate!

Gonna go do some things around the house now and then pack lunches....

have a great Friday everyone... I won't get on til tomorrow night
Old 05-23-2003, 08:34 AM   #8  

Question Where do you find Atkins bars?

I need something for a kick start....I guess I should just do ww 123....that worked last time.

Eliz

Thanks
Closed Thread