1) Having two close relatives die of heart- and weight-related diseases or complications in the past year. Genetics are not on my side, sadly.
2) Realizing that everything in my life -- my job, my relationship, my hobbies, my family -- is going well except for my health. I'm not ill per se, but my general energy level is low and I don't sleep well.
3) Always being included in the "big girl" group by my roller derby coach when we're discussing strategy. I'm only 5'2". I should not be playing with the 6-foot Amazons.
4) Never going shopping with friends anymore because I have to buy most of my clothes from plus size young women's stores like Avenue and Torrid.
5) Realizing that I have trained myself to avoid mirrors because I hate what I see so much.