Old 05-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #1  
Lovin the way I feel!

S/C/G: 235(start IP 4/15/11)/tick/140

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Bad weekend

Went to NY on Saturday for the day with the family, and did not stay OP! Today was a bad day too. Im so upset with myself. I know I just need to dust myself off and start fresh in the morning. I have been on this plan since April 15th, and have lost 17 pounds. I am not sure if thats a good amount or not, as everyone seems to lose at different rates, it is also TOM, and last week and this week are hard weeks for me... I retained 4" inches of watr (per my coach) last week, weigh in is tomorrow.... so who the heck knows!

Sorry, just had to vent a little
phall8180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:15 PM   #2  
IPeep

S/C/G: 150/145/130

Height: 5'6"

Like you said, dust yourself off and start fresh tomorrow. It is a new day. Don't let a sip-up curb all of the progress you've made. You CAN do it!
coloheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:00 AM   #3  
Grace

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/154

Height: 5'9

Me too! dont worry about it, just get right back on plan, im sure it wont have even made a dent in your weight loss in a weeks time!
Blondie160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:50 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by phall8180 View Post
I have been on this plan since April 15th, and have lost 17 pounds. I am not sure if thats a good amount or not
Any amount of weight lost is a good amount =)

One weekend does not undo all your healthy changes. Just return to your plan at the very next meal. Keep at it!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

17 lbs in one month is amazing! You are doing awesome with this!

Don't consider it a "cheat", consider it "having taken a small break". Don't focus on feeling guilty, focus on starting over tomorrow and on getting it right this time. Set smaller goals for yourself and focus on attaining each of them rather than looking at the big picture. You will be in onederland before you know it!
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:16 AM   #6  
Started IP May 1, 2011

S/C/G: 200/186/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by phall8180 View Post

Went to NY on Saturday for the day with the family, and did not stay OP! Today was a bad day too. Im so upset with myself. I know I just need to dust myself off and start fresh in the morning. I have been on this plan since April 15th, and have lost 17 pounds. I am not sure if thats a good amount or not, as everyone seems to lose at different rates, it is also TOM, and last week and this week are hard weeks for me... I retained 4" inches of watr (per my coach) last week, weigh in is tomorrow.... so who the heck knows!

Sorry, just had to vent a little
This is my first month on IP and its coming up to my TOM this week. This week has been very hard - Im more hungry and I went off program too. Coach told me that is typical to feel more hungry and have a harder time losing this week. Oh well, Im back on track again and plan to be on track the rest of the week and will see how weigh in goes. This program seems to work so well, that I think if we get right back on program,, we will be fine.
SamanthaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

I can totally relate to the "bad weekend" feeling. I was doing so well considering that I have had a 0 loss for 2 weeks in a row and feeling very discouraged about that. I weighed myself Thursday and discovered the scale had dropped 5 pounds (my weigh in is on Mondays), but on Friday Morning, I weighed again (I know, but I only do it once a day at the same time) only to discover I went UP 4 pounds. I am so discouraged right now, and my mentality is...oh well, I might as well have a cheat because the scale isn't showing any progress any ways!
I can't even begin to tell you how horrible I felt after eating 3 chips, and some bacon wrapped water chestnuts. The guilt is horrendous but not enough to make me stop.
I have been on IP 6 weeks today and have only seen 13 pounds come off. I have another month worth of food, but what a waste of money when you don't see results, or see them, only to have them taken away without even cheating. What am I doing wrong? I eat 3 packages a day, take all supplements and drink MORE than my share of water. I don't know, but it is getting very depressing for me when I see everyone elses weight losses and I try so hard and see no results.
GailMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:02 AM   #8  
Started IP May 1, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMarie View Post
I can totally relate to the "bad weekend" feeling. I was doing so well considering that I have had a 0 loss for 2 weeks in a row and feeling very discouraged about that. I weighed myself Thursday and discovered the scale had dropped 5 pounds (my weigh in is on Mondays), but on Friday Morning, I weighed again (I know, but I only do it once a day at the same time) only to discover I went UP 4 pounds. I am so discouraged right now, and my mentality is...oh well, I might as well have a cheat because the scale isn't showing any progress any ways!
I can't even begin to tell you how horrible I felt after eating 3 chips, and some bacon wrapped water chestnuts. The guilt is horrendous but not enough to make me stop.
I have been on IP 6 weeks today and have only seen 13 pounds come off. I have another month worth of food, but what a waste of money when you don't see results, or see them, only to have them taken away without even cheating. What am I doing wrong? I eat 3 packages a day, take all supplements and drink MORE than my share of water. I don't know, but it is getting very depressing for me when I see everyone elses weight losses and I try so hard and see no results.
Have you talked to your coach about it? I wish I had some answers for you. But if you already have bought the food for another month, what have you got to lose but weight right? These boards sure help too!
Old 05-23-2011, 10:02 AM   #9  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Gail-

My first thoughts are..maybe you aren't getting enough? Try adding another packet, or a hard boiled egg and a hardboiled egg white.
Do you have restricteds every day, or none?
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:10 AM   #10  
Started IP May 1, 2011

Thats a great idea. Im not sure why but my coach put me on 4 packages a day plus the lean protein at dinner. Im losing and so its working for sure.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:48 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Gail-

My first thoughts are..maybe you aren't getting enough? Try adding another packet, or a hard boiled egg and a hardboiled egg white.
Do you have restricteds every day, or none?
My coach and I are best friends, the problem is that she lives in Alberta, and I am in Manitoba. I weigh myself officially on Mondays and I talk to her via email or over the phone weekly, and she is baffled herself. I follow the program as best as I can, and it is sad that I turn to food at times of despair. I will keep plugging along, and I hope the scale is kinder to me than it has been.
I have been wondering about adding another package of protein or actual protein to my daily routine but I have been scared to add more than I am suppose to have.
I LIVE for my restricted at night, that is what keeps me going on this diet is knowing that every day I get to have something YUMMY. I love most of the food items on this program and other than the soups, I can't say anything bad about them.
Wish me luck today and keep your fingers, toes and eyes crossed that the scale budges.
Thanks for the PM...I appreciate the support and kind words
Old 05-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #12  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMarie View Post
Are you getting in all of your veggies, water, sea salt and oil? That can make a difference too.
cajunladybug22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:24 AM   #13  

YUP...I have been following it to a T
Old 05-23-2011, 12:17 PM   #14  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Gail!!!!

Looks like your perciverance paid off!! 6.2 pounds

I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:24 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 300/285/220

Height: 5'9"

I also had a rough weekend and after feeling pretty down in the dumps I got a lot of encouragement from fall of you on 3FC and now I'm just starting fresh and not thinking about it. Good luck!
Reenabeana is offline   Reply With Quote