Old 05-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #1  

Default Fruit

Im on phase 1, week 1, and my coach says NO fruit....really?.....I eat the 3 packets a day everyday for 6 days, I eat my protein with salad and veggies i could get down....but im bored lolol....i need flavour cause im losing it and need the fix!!
Mike Gillmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:23 PM   #2  

Take a look in the recipe thread there are lots of interesting ways to keep it interesting. Also check out the recipes that mix rhubarb, strawberry spread or syrup from walden farms a little stevia cinnamon and boil that baby down its like applesauce to many here.

Get the orange drink and vanilla shake, mix them together and put them into popsicle makers in the freezer, its just like an orangesicle.
Use fruit flavour extracts to the puddings to make shakes, I like to put a little orange or banana extract to my choco pudding and add more water to make it into a thick shake.
fannymae32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:28 PM   #3  

Walden farms also makes an apple/cinnamon spread that I mash up more with a bit of water and apple cider vinegar and use that as a dressing for my salad if you like fruit added to your salads.
Just a few ways this fruit addict has adapted to the no fruit rule.

Oh and I use Barleans Omega 3 oils as my suppliments, there are a whack of flavours that are Omega 3, you can take them as is a tablespoon a day and I find that hits the craving spot or you can add that tablespoon to a dinner ie over salmon and your getting your omega 3 and a tropical fruity tasting sauce at the same time. Just remember to stick to the directions.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gillmore View Post
Im on phase 1, week 1, and my coach says NO fruit....really?.....I eat the 3 packets a day everyday for 6 days, I eat my protein with salad and veggies i could get down....but im bored lolol....i need flavour cause im losing it and need the fix!!
The Torani and DaVinci coffee syrups come sugar-free, made with spenda, and in a large variety including fruit flavors. They are good to add to some of the packets or even a squirt in your water. Also, I drink some powerade zero every one in a while for some flavor. The zeros are made with splenda and have some extra potassium.
NannyOgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 212/175/140

Height: 4'11"

ooooh.....orange creamsicle! can't wait to try it, thanks!
puddleduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:52 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddleduck View Post
ooooh.....orange creamsicle! can't wait to try it, thanks!
the recipe makes 8 of them ,so you have to eat 4 to make your serving
Old 05-21-2011, 06:56 PM   #7  

Stellar idea on the creamsicle thing...can't wait to get my next set of foods and stuff on Monday.

Couple questions,

1) Powerade Zero is legal on Ideal Protein diet? I think Im getting excited

2) My coach said everything has to be 0 carbs and 0 sugar, but the packets I eat from Ideal Protein have carbs and sugar in them, whats the differance?

Thanks
Old 05-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #8  

Everything outside the packets and veggies, 1 protein at dinner has to be zero carbs zero sugar.
Your body requires some carbs for functionality. Your brain needs carbs to function for instance.
The packets are measured exactly for this reason.
You can also mix up the banana pudding and freeze it too for a banana frozen treat.
Try a bunch of different things and you will find you can get pretty inventive on this diet to curb the cravings.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:13 PM   #9  

Thanks so much,

Im trying to figure out what I could do with the butterscotch pudding, its lovely but day after day drags on.

Did you ever try the omelete? is it good or the oatmeal better?
Old 05-21-2011, 07:41 PM   #10  

I like both, the omlete is nice because its not on the restricted side and you can add more veggies to it and have it for lunch and still have a restricted pack for a snack later. The oatmeal I keep for weekend treats.

With the butterscotch pudding have you tried putting it with coffee and ice cubes and throwing it in the blender or shaking it up tastes like a caramel latte.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #11  

Do you mean my pudding as the restricted pack?

I only have 3 things for the week...Cereal, Soup & Pudding
Old 05-22-2011, 01:41 AM   #12  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Thanks so much,

Im trying to figure out what I could do with the butterscotch pudding, its lovely but day after day drags on.

Did you ever try the omelete? is it good or the oatmeal better?
try the butterscotch pudding with some pumpkin pie spice! or layer it with chocolate and use over two days.

Omelette has good options, the oatmeal is restricted so I don't think of them as interchangeable. But you can make the oatmeal into muffins or pancakes. Have you read the "hack your packets" thread?
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:14 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

I add half a packet of Spenda or Truvia/Stevia to the butterscotch pudding, sprinkle some cinnamon (although pumpkin pie spice sounds great, too!) and pop it in the freezer for a little bit. Tastes much better than plain.
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:54 AM   #14  

Quote:
TONS of great suggestions here, Mike... no need to be bored now, is there?.. hope you're enjoying the food more... but to answer your original question, NO fruit....really?.. REALLY!.. fruit has gobs of sugar & isn't allowed in Phases 1 & 2, but you get to add it back in Phase 3... it was hard for me to give up at first, I was used to having some kind of fruit every day, but the sacrifice is SOOOOOO worth it... hang in there...

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:14 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 215/178/150

Height: 5'10"

The lack of fruit was strange at first but the fruit flavored packets really help. I use the Sweet Leaf Stevia Valencia Orange flavorings to punch up the orange flavors. You can also use it in your dressings.

I like to use fruit flavored olive oils for my dressings too.
2Balance is offline   Reply With Quote