South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 04:58 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Weekend Chat - My 21 and 22

Um ... wasn't the world supposed to end today? There are four cakes and dozens of cookies on my kitchen table. Maybe I'll just eat them instead of taking them to the bake sale.

We may have lucked out for the yard/bake/plant sale today as we are supposed to see the sun. Yesterday afternoon we put everything from the Church hall out on the lawn but covered it all with tarps. Good thing as we had another downpour last night. My veggie garden is not only underwater but actually has a current in it! I suspect the only veggies I'll be harvesting this year will be from my raised bed.

This is a long weekend here, Victoria Day, and the campground in the park is filling up. Next week our USA summer folks will arrive and the village will be busy. Today the Mill opens for the season which means I'll be popping in and out to see how the summer staff are doing. First though, the Church sale where I am referred to as the "Plant Lady in the hat". At least I've not had to water the 100+ pots!

Happy weekend, Beachies!
Old 05-21-2011, 05:59 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Good morning Ruth - good luck with the church sales today!

I'm looking forward to being lazy today, yesterday was exhausting. Grandparents Day at school in the morning (always lots of fun but the kids fall apart when all the Nanas and Grampies and Memeres have to leave and they can't go with them....) and then Naomi's funeral in the afternoon. The service was nice. It opened and closed with her favorite hymns, and friends and family members shard memories and tributes. There was a very clear, concise Gospel message at the end and that would have pleased Naomi. The church was mobbed, with many standing for the hour and a half. It was comforting to have that time to gather and remember Naomi and honor her, I just wish we could have done it 40 years from now.

I've got to do some light housework today, and plan meals for the week, but mostly I'm going to just lie around with a good book today. Maybe even take a nap this afternoon if I can't work out a Scrabble game and tea with my friend Jane.

Enjoy your Saturday friends.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Tonight is finally my son's HS graduation. It will be very long and boring and quite anti-climatic after yesterday's class day. It occurred to me as I got into bed last night that I will never need to set my alarm again to wake up one of my boys for school!

My husband hurt his calf yesterday so may be out of commission for a while as my cardio partner which is bad timing because we've already been slacking with all that is going on here. Must find the motivation to do it alone.

Off to start another batch of crockpot beans. BBL.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning!

Ruth - oh, so sad about your garden. Should I encourage you to eat all those goodies, in case the end of the world IS today, just later?!?

Heidi - relaxing sounds like a good plan....your day yesterday must've been emotionally exhausting. Enjoy!

Karen - ouch on the DH!! Wow...never have to wake a child up again...an odd concept, still having a 6 and 8 year old!

The coffee is brewing, and I am off to a cat spay clinic in an hour. I have no idea what we'll do after that, my DH will probably be going stir crazy (although they're getting him beer as a thank you ).

Yesterday I ran 9 miles...my longest ever!!! I've always had this wall at 8miles ....every time I get to it, i get injured. There was a hill from you-know-where (1 mile long...I did an out and back), but the view down there was BEAUTIFUL. May have to get crazy and do it again sometime!!

Coffee is done...have a great day!
Old 05-21-2011, 06:42 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning from wet and catty Vermont the cats could not be happier to see us and are still very needy this morning. Apparently we just missed a huge storm that washed out several local roads. Luckily I had a little dry time to unload the car.

All the weird weather has some ocean going birds showing up inland so we are off to look for birds this morning. After that it's heavy grocery shopping, menu planning and cupboard clean out for me.

Monday I'm starting at least one week of P1 and DW is joining me this time. She's actually found her blood glucose is better if she avoids grains too (she was doing the 45g/meal recommended by a nutritionist) so we're giving it a go. After the first week I'll evaluate how I'm feeling and decide if I need a second week.

I'll be back later to see how everyone's weekend is going and do some personals.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

The sun is shining in a clear blue sky on this beautiful Saturday morning, and it sure doesn't look like the end of the world. We must have had rain overnight, though, as everything is wet. Hopefully it will dry enough to get the lawn mowed today.

Ruth ~ I hope it stays dry for the church sale and all your baked goods get snatched up so you won't have to eat it all.

Heidi ~ it sounds like it was a pretty trying day yesterday, but I'm glad there was such a good turn-out for Naomi's funeral and hope it brought peace and comfort to all those who loved her.

Twynn ~ an eight mile run is awesome! Congratulations!

Karen ~ enjoy the graduation ceremonies!

Cyndi ~ your cats must be delighted that you're back home again. I hope it was a relaxing vacation week despite the weather and that you feel refreshed.

I just have the usual chores today, a little cleaning and grocery shopping, but I'm putting off the laundry until tomorrow. I managed to get one of my hanging planters filled yesterday in between rain showers, and will get the other ones planted this afternoon, maybe with help from the grandkids.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:31 AM   #7  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning,

Ruth - hope the bake sale goes well. I think I remember visiting your mill along time ago.

Heidi - hope you are able to unstress today.

Twynn - wow, eight miles, congratulations.

Karen - enjoy the graduation, I still have memories of waking up my kids for school, my daughter was a real problem but now she is up some mornings very early with my grandson.

Cyndi - enjoy the last few days of your vacation.

Cottage - should be fun having the grandkids helping with the planting.

me - so I bought a new pair of jeans, the other ones were so baggy and DH kept saying, looking good. More planting today and washing the deck.
take care
Sophie

Last edited by sophie; 05-21-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:29 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Um ... wasn't the world supposed to end today?
I heard 6PM, Ruth, but there were also questions as to what time zone. Happy plant sale!

Linda, I love doing my hanging baskets! Enjoy!

Twynn, congrats on your longest run ever!

Cyndi, welcome home! Yay for DW doing P1 with you!

Karen, happy graduation to your DS and congrats to you on getting him through it.

sophie, yay for smaller jeans!

Heidi, I hope you get that needed rest and wish I were closer to join you for Scrabble.

I got up at 2 and took Rudi out then went back to bed for a real snooze. Now I'm on the move! We're headed to the gym then who knows. It's a very dreary day!
Old 05-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Hey all - what a day. Not sure what got into me . . .

Got up at 6:30 (late for me on a usual day, but early for a Saturday) to drive DD1 3 hours south to DC for her first Ultimate Frisbee tournament. Ate fast food for breakfast. Got to her tournament, having stopped 2/3 of the way there at a Sports' Authority to buy cleats when we discovered she had left hers at home.
Ate pizza for lunch with the team. Got back in the car at 4 pm, and ate fast food for dinner. And let me tell you - it was no Asian Salad. Whole hog, folks.
OH GOODNESS. Boy is my body giving me what for now!!

I think I darn well better put myself on Phase 1 this week. Having been on Phase 2 since March 16, I better go re-read my shopping list!

Be well -
Old 05-22-2011, 06:29 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Sunday morning! I sure slept last night after a very busy Saturday. I was in shock to wake at 5:45 without even a mid-sleep potty break.

Today I have a later Church service which will be packed. One of our former ministers, Susan, is visiting from NZ and will do one Parish service. She really wants to do it in tiny St. Paul's so we will be jammed in. St. Paul's seats 65 but we can cram in 75 if folks are really good friends.

Yesterday's plant/bake/yard sale went very well, mainly since we finally had a day of sunshine. There are still some plants leftover but we made over $500 and have found a home for the leftovers at another plant sale in the area. Now to get at the planting of the 21 barrels throughout the Village. If it ever stops raining and dries up, I'll get my own garden planted. Right now everything behind the barn is floating on liquid clay!

Raising my coffee mug at us all for a sunny and cheery Sunday!
Old 05-22-2011, 06:49 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It might not rain today! I know that's hard to believe but it's possible. I'm going to tackle my garden as much as I can. I haven't been in my vegetable garden at all because of all the rain and I probably still shouldn't touch the soil. I just can't wait any longer and there's rain in the forecast every day again. I'm going to have to plant everything from starts because I never could get the seeds in. What a year

Ruth - I could sure use some extra perennials for my bare spots. I'll probably come home with a car full next weekend though. My Mom always likes to clean her gardens out and into mine

I am trying to walk every day. I just realized DD and I are doing the AIDS walk in two weeks and I need to get in some kind of shape for it.

Today's other plans include making some salads and beans for the week and a big grill-a-thon for dinner. I'm also cleaning out the fridge - anything that can be frozen will be and everything else is going out. I am now 10 lbs over my goal weight and that is just not okay with me. It's time to buckle down!

Last edited by CyndiM; 05-22-2011 at 06:50 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:05 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Hello chicks!

Ruth - I really enjoyed looking at the Mill website. My DH would LOVE to visit if we were ever up that way! Hope you don't have TOO many close friends this morning at church!

Cyndi - understand on the goal weight. I keep debating of how obsessive I should be.

Ultimatebea - "no asian salad"...LOL!! Was it still McD's? My family knows I won't eat there anymore, it tastes so extremely salty and fake since I started SBD. I will however, steal fries!!

Sophie - congrats on the new jeans! WOO HOO!!

Lexiss - I keep trying to figure out your sleep schedule...is it possible?

Cottage - good morning! Did you get everything you wanted accomplished? Brave lady, going to the grocery store on a Saturday!

The spay clinic was fun as always (they're just a great group of people), and then I cleaned out my van. Like, REALLY cleaned. Even DH helped!!

DS woke up earlier with a NASTY cough, so I doubt we'll bring him to church...I think it's rude when parents bring newly sick kids in! Not sure how we'll handle the day. I'm afraid to look at the weather and see if rain is on tap or not!!

Have a great day!
Old 05-22-2011, 07:21 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I had a lousy night's sleep and am waiting to see what today brings. I can usually keep my allergies under control, but all the pollen in the air really set them off yesterday. Everyone was taking advantage of the sunny day to get their lawns mowed, including us, and the pollen was flying. I probably should have just stayed indoors, but there was no way I was staying in on such a gorgeous, sunny day. By the end of the day my head felt too heavy for my shoulders and even taking a shower didn't help. I sure hope today is better!

I harvested all the spinach in my garden yesterday and froze several big bags of it, plus I have enough left to make a nice crustless quiche for today, and pulled enough stalks of rhubarb to make a SBD friendly rhubarb cake. I think I'll have a piece of that with some yogurt for breakfast this morning.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:34 AM   #14  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!

Today is supposed to be a 'rainless' day for us, too. I can hardly remember what that's like... I'm not sure if it will dry up enough to mow after church, but the yard sure needs it!

Tammy, I'm with you, sick kids at church? With infants and elderly? I hope the cough doesn't last long.

Cyndi, enjoy your walk. Ruth, enjoy your 'cozy' church service. and Linda, I sure hope you feel better as the day goes on.

Hello to the rest of you. Enjoy your Sunday, however you choose to spend it.

Last edited by Heidi58; 05-22-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:37 AM   #15  

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone,
We're back from Texas! Got back last night, and had such a great time. I'm proud to day I worked out every day but 2 (and that was because I had a slight cold those days and felt crappy). My eating was all over the place, and off plan, but I expected that. I'll get back on track this week. In fact I'm thinking of doing a 'vegan' phase 2 for 4 days since I just ate so much animal while I was away. Today I'll have to wing it though, as there's very little in the fridge and I've got to go out food shopping. I'll check in again a little later and read all the posts - hope everyone had a great week!
Closed Thread