View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 11:13 AM   #17
fitness4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
I agree. What I mean is doctors usually are not the cause of the complication they just deal with them as they arise which obviously was not clear at all. I was responding to a specific point of doctors first screwing up and then blaming the obesity as the problem which I personally don't think is the case.

I believe this is simply just doctors who based on their experience don't want to take any more chances with their livelyhood than they need to.
Not to hijack this thread, but I want to give you an example of how my doc single handedly screwed up.

After giving birth to my 3rd child, I would not stop bleeding. It was bad. I was going into shock and I kept throwing up and when I did, blood would spray down to my feet. Sorry if TMI, but I want to put this into perspective.

I needed surgery but since my epidural was still working, all they did was put me in a twighlight sleep. I woke up in surgery. Don't worry, no pain, but I could hear and see. I saw the doc furiously "seaching" for the cause of the bleeding and then he said, "Aha! It's her cervix! I must have niched it when I broke her waters." I got several stiches and recovered fine.

The thing is, when he broke my water (like the 2 times I had needed with my other births) if freaking hurt! I told him that I never felt pain associated with that before and he sluffed me off.

He never told me it was his fault. I never told him I knew. I was fine, my baby healthy and I was a proud mama.

But my Doc did screw up all by himself with nothing to blame.

Last edited by fitness4life; 05-19-2011 at 11:15 AM.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote