Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #1  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Default Jealous me :(

My VERY THIN co-worker just told me about a fabulous, incredible, totally yummy chocolate cake she made, and how she JUST.COULDN'T.STOP.EATING.IT.

Wow, she had 4 slices! And it was the MOST.AWESOME.CAKE.EVER!

This woman has the most concave stomach I've ever seen, and she's had 3 children.

By nature, I am 98% not jealous of anyone for any reason. But at this very moment, I'm way jealous, and I want to slap her silly.

She KNOWS I'm (forever) dieting. And she KNOWS how much I LOVE chocolate. ARGH~! and yet, she's truly one of the nicest people you'd ever meet. But for right now, this very moment? I just wanna whack her, Soprano style!!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

I totally get that, a freind I had where I use to live was a size 0 to 2 and she had 4 kids in her 40's and ate anything and everything, just don't get it.... now someone I work with is probably now a 2 and was a 4 and she constantly eats junk all the time. Most her clothes are too big, as she recently lost some weight due to some stress in her life, sheesh i feel like a cow!
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:02 PM   #3  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

Height: 5'5"

Haha, my best friend Mindy since third grade, sweetest girl in the world but doesn't always think before she speaks. I was hanging out with her this past weekend. I'd JUST finished telling her how hard I'd been working, all the exercising and how I dropped sodas and I don't eat sweets much anymore. But, I had a fast food burger the night before so i'd worked extra hard that day.

She sees a Dairy Queen and before yu know it "hey amber, let's get a blizzard- I'll buy!" I was like ARE YOU SERIOUS? I just told you how I am trying to lose weight! Haha, man that blizzard has been on my mind for 6 straight days now and guess what. This weekend I'm going to get me one and I'm not going to feel bad about it. I work HARD, at this. I can't just not eat sweets ever again, I'd be lying to myself. But, I will have made it through the week and I can have my one cruddy meal! lol
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:20 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I really get why you're feeling jealous.....it's so hard to see someone have it so easy with something that is such a struggle for you (and me as well). I think I would tell her, "Listen, I'm glad you had so much fun with that cake, but that sort of talk is just really not helping me with my efforts." If she's nice, she'll make an effort not to discuss this type of thing with you in the future. If you were an alcoholic, she wouldn't feel comfortable telling you about this amazing cocktail she had made and how much fun she had drinking it right? Truth be told, those people who don't struggle this way often don't get just what it's like for those of us who do.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:38 PM   #5  

Disclaimer: I am NOT saying everyone that is thin has an ED!

I used to think their were some people that could eat whatever they want (like 4 pieces of cake) and still be stick skinny. But I've begon to see the people we SEE eating big fattening foods and are super thin fall into one of two categories.

Either they do endulge (which is what we see) but the other 90% of their day they don't eat like that normally and when they do they don't eat a bunch more food the rest of the day. I've known plenty of skinny people that if they ate some crazy, heavy lunch for example, they wouldn't eat the rest of the day. Not to starve themselves, but because they "were very full from such a huge lunch"...unlike me, who would easily fit dinner and another dessert!! Also, these people probably exercise a lot more than we do, and stay active through out the day. Really if we follow a thin person through the day, we might be surprised at how we only see the window of time when they are endulging.

Or, unfortunately, because I have several family members that are bulimic, I might see them endulge, but what I don't see is them purge it OR for my one family member who didn't purge every single time she ate, unless you followed her around for a week, you wouldnt realize that she would also starve herself and purge at other times.
I'm just saying people do not stay skinny by eating lots of high calorie foods and sitting around on their butts! lol I don't care what I SEE someone do, if they are super thin, I know either they workout A LOT, and practice healthy controled eating the rest of the times I'm not there OR they may infact have some type of eating disorder. Although bulimics are typically over weight, but you get my point.

Last edited by GlamourGirl827; 05-18-2011 at 07:45 PM.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

One thing that may be possible is that she had 4 slices but in "her" portions. Maybe a slice to her may be 1 oz where to the rest of the world a slice is 4oz. Or she may have failed to mention the 6 miles she ran that afternoon.

Or she is superwoman.
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #7  
Happy Member

Life's not fair. It's not, and we might as well get used to it.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:03 PM   #8  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

If the concave stomach thing is true, she probably works out a lot and can "afford" to eat cake. Perhaps she has a jackrabbit metabolism, or maybe she planned for the cake and will compensate for the extra calories. Or not, and she'll gain a few ounces and no one will notice.

I hear you though. In my case I envy thinner people who can eat cake and just have it be cake, nothing more, no lingering feelings of sugar addiction/creeping urges to eat a thousand more cakes.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #9  
Working hard

S/C/G: 280/272/250

Height: 5'5"

I have felt these same feelings at work, especially since I am like the largest person at the place I work. This week we launched a new program and we have had "cupcake" launch parties everyday this week and while I sat there looking at all those cupcakes, I watched all the skinnier team members just eat 2 and 3 cupcakes in one sitting and I was good I didn't join in so I was very proud of me, but I was sick of looking at those darn cupcakes and watching everyone else enjoy them. One of the guys who is soo skinny he had like 3 everyday and he was saying how he was out running at midnight last night and one of the other ladies said she never goes to the gym she just has the high metabolism. I don't understand why it is so hard for some and for me, it is enough to drive you mad if you think about it too long, I have just had to try and accept that I am not like anyone else and this is just my lot in life and I am just going to have to work harder than others if I want to eat the foods I love.....still not fair though lol
jenfett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:27 AM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

*has to repeat mantra to self* Life isn't fair, and we can grow stronger from it. Life isn't fair, and we can grow stronger from it.

*lets out a breath* Nope. Still jealous of my stick thin guy friend who has to try to gain weight.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote