General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/160/140

Height: 5'2

Question Help! Need info!

I don't have too much time to go into this morning, gotta run to work, but I have been on a food plan for about 2 months now. I consume about 1400 calories a day, exercise is limited to some yoga, and upper body and core workouts because of an injured knee. I have another month to go before I can even attempt to jog on it. So far I have lost 22 pounds with a loss rate of about 2 pounds a week. I am eating a balance of fruit, proteins, carbs and veggies...

I seem to have hit a plateau??? For the last four days my weight has not changed at all. I have been stuck on the same number. I've check the scales, checked my food calculations and double checked myself and nothing has altered. So what are some physical reasons why this might be happening?
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:17 AM   #2  

Great job on the 22 lbs lost so far! Could you be at an old set weight that your body is wanting to stay at?

Monique
MoniqueDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:56 AM   #3  
Fat Chick on a Mission

S/C/G: 216/ticker/150

Height: 5ft 3in

I think that most people wouldn't see much of a change in 4 days. You have to create a deficit of 3500 calories to lose a pound.

IMO you're not even close to being in a plateau. That's more like when you haven't seen the scale move in several weeks.

You might still hit 2 pounds for the week, don't be surprised if you wake up one morning and 1.5-2 drops all at once. If not, don't let it get to you. Losses tend to not remain steady throughout for plenty of us....I might lose 3-4 pounds one week and only 1 or even none the next.
dragonlady1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

You're doing fantastically well! If you do find that you're in a plateau, I'd recommend switching up the calories and doing calorie cycling. Sometimes our bodies hold onto water for various reasons and the weight may not show up on the scale, so we could be losing inces....you may want to take some measurements since the scale is only one type of an indication of how you're doing. Also, remember that up to 1-2 lbs. a week is not true for everyone. I think that sometimes, if people get into a certain weight category, it changes hormone levels, and the "rules" of deficit calories that would apply to someone who hasn't been of such a weight wouldn't necessarily apply. I hope I'm making sense. The key is not to get discouraged. I think a lot of people drop out of the weight loss journey simply because they don't feel like it's moving fast enough. Congrats to you!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/160/140

Height: 5'2

Thank you for all the great advice everyone! I am feeling better about it already, and I have vowed to think positive about it. Great suggestions as well about measuring as well as or rather than weighing. I will give that a try! Thank you for the encouragement as well! We will see if a few changes may help.

I did realize after I had asked that I have been very stressed this week because I was due to teach my first ever Adopt a Stream workshop to a bunch of Chemistry professors this morning!! O_O That went great so I feel great and relaxed now. Thanks again everyone!
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote