Old 05-16-2011, 08:28 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Weekly Chat - Monday, May 16 through Sunday, May 22, 2011

Happy New Week!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:29 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! We have tons of appointments today. Today is Jim's Cardiologist appointment so think good thoughts!
Old 05-16-2011, 09:46 AM   #3  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Just heard on the radio that the tip of Cape Cod just had a minor earthquake,and its going to rain until Saturday. We're also going to have a wedding in July. Ted Kennedy son is getting married at the Kennedy compound. No cars are allowed in that area of Hyannisport,they are going to provide buses to & from.

Other wise nothing new.

VICKIE-Thanks for the new pages,hope you have a great results with Jim's Cardiologist. Sending [[[[[[[good vibes]]]]] your way.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the new pages, Vickie....and today!

An earthquake in Cape Cod? Wow.

I think I'll have oatmeal pancakes for breakfast; haven't had those in ages.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:31 AM   #5  
focused and aiming

Oatmeal pancakes? mmmmmmmm........

Vickie, :: :::::: for a good report.

Maryann, did you feel the tremors? We had a few slight earthquakes around here last year due to all the drilling and water being pumped into the ground.

We're doing yardwork today. Tonight I go to OA after making a blackberry cobbler for Curtis to take to men's meeting. I feel like my weight's down a little. Guess I'll find out at wi in the morning at WW.

Last edited by ontarget; 05-16-2011 at 11:33 AM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:40 PM   #6  

Yes, I made the core cottage cheese/oatmeal pancakes...I think you posted the recipe, Sandra. I like them. I think next time, I'll put the ingredients in a blender/processor and make a liquid batter. But, they are tasty and healthy for sure.

I began a new workout program with the trainer today. He had been thinking about going lighter on the weights, reps and exercises. He didn't, but I survived.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:02 PM   #7  

Vickie.. Thinking of you & Jim and your appointment..
Can't wait to hear how things went.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:27 AM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks everyone! The appointment was great. No immediate concerns or hospitalization. He's got some tests to take and 24 hour telemetry. He had his first PT for his back yesterday. We are going to try to have some fun today.

I stayed the same. That's success at this point.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #9  

good morning chicks. Looks like another cloudy day and on the cool side. This is the strangest weather we are having.

Vickie, glad the appt went well. Is telemetry the same as wearing a holter monitor?

Rhonda, I used to make oatmeal pancakes when on the southbeach diet. I've made them using eggs and oatmeal and I think I used to use ricotta cheese.

Sandra, my husband loves cobbler.

Maryann, did you get an invite to the wedding?

Hi Nancy.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #10  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Have to make this fast as I have to go out and vote,Yes its our Electrion Day where we are going to for select men planning board members and 4 proposals. One to do with the wind terminals. Ours are to big & high and people living near them are getting migraines to more serious healthy issues.They might have to take them down,and that's going to cost us more money. Why Oh Why didn't they plan this better,I think all gov from Local to the Fed are all not for the people but only for themselves. Off My soap box.

Looks like rain again so its going to be exercising on the bike or using my walking tapes.Woke up to low temps with dampness in the air,wondered why my bones are aching.

RHONDA-It was much of anything,only hit 2 on the rector scale. and it was out near P-town. Didn't that we had a crack on the earth in that area.

SANDRA-Didn't feel a thing.as I live far from the quake.

PAM-Little old me invited to the Kennedy wedding??????? NO!!! don't think so,I'm going to be far away from that.Think I will be going to Maine with my DD at that time.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:45 PM   #11  

My eating plans got thrown off by a phone call from a friend I haven't seen since the early 80's. We had a blast, eating lots of Mexican food. No regrets.

Good news, Vickie!

Nancy.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:49 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Hola, Rhonda. Mexican food sounds great. What about margaritas!?!

Vickie, that's wonderful news about Jim. You two have something to celebrate! Congrats on staying the same.

at all of you!

My weight is down but I am about to eat some cobbler. Life goes on.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:17 PM   #13  

No margaritas; I had to drive on the highway about 20 minutes
Old 05-18-2011, 08:04 AM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! We had fun at the gambling boat yesterday. We went for our joint birthday trip. Jim won, I lost. He enjoyed himself alot and I was glad he was distracted. Now I have to schedule his tests.

My eating yesterday was atrocious and we have tons of events scheduled in the next 11 days. Portion control will have to be my life saver.

Light and love to you all.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:14 AM   #15  

good morning chicks.

I'm getting my nails done and have my yearly cardio appt. One more day of ugly weather and suppose to warm up tomorrow.

Gambling boat sounds like fun Vickie. I really would love a trip to Vegas but not seeing it in the near future. Glad you had fun.

jojo, thinking about you.

Maryann vent all you want. I might jump on that soapbox with you.

Mexican sounds good Rhonda. Glad you had a good time. How nice meeting up with old friends.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote