South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 06:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: maintaining

Default SBD Chat of Tuesday, May 17

Am I really here first?!

Our appliances are all in. The only glitch is that the new outlet that the electrician put in on Sunday for the range is in a bad place so the stove sticks out 2 inches. We've got him coming back today to move it. Maybe he won't charge us?

My older son made it from PA to Richmond, IN last night, driving home with a friend. He'll be here for dinner tonight. The friends stays a week and my son stays two. Teen starts finals today.

Off to get my license when they open at 7:00. Hope mine photo is a good as Debbie's!

Have a great day everyone. BBL!
Old 05-17-2011, 06:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Karen! It was a nice surprise to see that you started us up today, although I'm scratching my chin over the "SND." I hope you aren't charged for moving the outlet!

It's really pouring this morning, and I have an early hairdressing appointment. I would love to just go back to bed or curl up on the couch and doze.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 05-17-2011 at 06:37 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:03 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

SND sort of threw me too so I edited the title.

It's only 44ºF here this morning but just gray with no frassing rain yet. The plants sitting outside up at the Church will be well watered. We may see the sun by Saturday! In the meantime, I'm making labels for pots and trying to work in some baking.

This afternoon, I return my rental car to Brockville and then get my shiny new red Focus back. I think I'll spend some time tomorrow really cleaning the inside. It's amazing how dirty the inside of a car gets when you live in the country. I'm a bit embarrassed to offer people a ride - unless they are dogs, that is.

More coffee needed this morning and then I'm off to help pack veggies and fruit for the Good Food Box. I wonder what the wholesaler is sending us this morning. (I don't have much excitement in my life these days, )
Old 05-17-2011, 07:08 AM   #4  

Ruth, try ferrying around kids between one activity and another, and them having to eat their after-school snacks on the run, and see what it does to a car. My car is a disgrace.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:13 AM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Linda - TELL me about it -
In addition to my own 2 kids with their bags and snacks, I often shuttle teenagers from the Ultimate team around - DELIVER ME! I am thinking of actually shampooing the INSIDE of the van!

That pesky 159 did not come through today, but I am ok with that. So many birthday meals out this week. Stayed pretty on plan, but I expect the sodium content was significant. On to water -

And speaking of water - The monsoon season appears to have settled over Philly for the next two days anyway - I swear Noah just floated by.

Be well -
Old 05-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We had a beautiful day yesterday and looks like today will be warm although a bit overcast. Our car is a wreck, too. There always seems to be something better to do than clean it out.

Karen, I hope your outlet moves quickly. Thanks for getting us started.

I need to get Rudi out and mother up.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 05-17-2011, 09:40 AM   #7  
sophie

Good morning,

Karen - bummer on the outlet, hope it gets fixed. Bet you are anxious to try your new stove.

Cottage - bed is inviting but a nice hairdo is better

Ruth - Hey, I think fruits and veggies are very exciting. My DH has magnetic fingers, he picks up brochures all over the place and you should see what the car winds up looking like.

Bea - you are the same height as me, wish I weighed the same.

Debbie - enjoy your days in your paradise.

me - making a vat of soup this morning and then who knows, its raining again but can't complain with all the fires and flood going on.
take care
Sophie
Old 05-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #8  

Sophie -
You can do it!!! I started at an all-time high time of 198 over a year ago, so I have BEEN there. I let things creep back up this fall, and started March at 178, so I promise you can TOTALLY do this.

Be well -
Old 05-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We managed to get out and walk and bird before the rain again. It is damp cold though so I'm not good for much more than an hour. There were some nice warblers anyway and we are making the most of our time here. A good friend is coming up for the afternoon and overnight, so a fun evening ahead. Yesterday we went shopping and it ended up being an expensive rainy day for DW It was hard to resist outlet stores with some of her favorite brands. I did get a rain coat too.

Food has been not so great, on plan but too much and probably more from boredom than need. Time to stop giving myself permission to entertain myself with food.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Wow I got a lot of typos when I started this up! And wrong words. But at least I got the date right - I had to double check

License done; short line but almost flubbed the eye test. Also went to get my new passport photos since I had eye make up on for a change. And to the store. I can get a lot done when I'm out of the house early instead of onlin! Exercise will be this afternoon - bike ride.

I had a freak out moment today. Someone from IRL found my blog. So much for anonymity. I wonder if she is lurking here too since she was surfing "beach" stuff. If so, "hi."
Old 05-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #11  

SERIOUSLY???? I have no idea what just happened.
I got up this morning, had my hard boiled eggs, had my yogurt for snack, a delicious ww lf quesadilla with veggies for lunch, and then . . .

I came home and in the last hour I ate half a bag of pita chips, guacamole, 2 turkey hot dogs, peanuts, and 2 pieces of dark chocolate. It is not that TOM. I did not have a horrible day. I just ate EVERYTHING in sight.

I think I had better go for a run. Now. A LOOOONG run.

Think of me -

Last edited by ultimatebea; 05-17-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #12  

Bea, at least you realized what you were doing and did something about it! Now put your indiscretion behind you, hop back on the wagon, and hold on tight!

A funny thing happened at my hairdresser's this morning. She was just finishing up putting the color solution on my hair when the power went out. That means no water, either. She did have just enough water to barely rinse me, but I had to leave her place with wet, unstyled hair. It's a good thing I was able to blow-dry it at Cindy's, but it was sure a bad hair day.
Closed Thread