Old 05-15-2011, 11:52 PM   #1  

Default Purple Team NYNY 2011 Chat Week 6 (05/16 - 05/22)

Okay everyone this is our last week as the purple team.....let's see what you can do this last week.

I myself can't do any worse.....so bad this week oh well this is a new week and another fresh start.
I have been very good with the exercise part it's the eating that has gone haywire on me....you would think I would learn as I don't even feel good afterwards. Old habits die hard I guess.

Well here is to a new week and a new beginning again....thank goodness for new beginnings

Hope you all have a wonderful week.

Don't forget to sign up for the new challange and submit a name to the summer challange.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:50 AM   #2  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Counting down . . . .

I've been following my plan, which includes a free day every week. Today, Sunday, was my free day and I took advantage of it, but really, I always feel worse after my free day. I have those old feelings about slipping down that slippery slope and having to start all over again. I feel guilty. Yet, it's part of the plan, but I'm thinking I will cut it down to just a free meal, not a whole day. I can't believe it's me saying this but . . . it's too hard eating whatever I want.

Here's to a successful week for all of us, and then . . . the new Sizzling Slimmer Summer Showdown????? What have we decided to call it anyway?

Later

Dora
Old 05-16-2011, 06:01 AM   #3  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

I am struggling too, I was hoping to have lost more this week, but didnt execute anything to make it happen. Lost a total of 100g. I need to be focused again! Bring on the next challenge!
Old 05-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #4  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

I need to focus too.. Lost two of the five I'd put bk on. Hope to begin new challenge at least the same as last weigh in! But dunno yet.. hafta see. Having coffee now, need to wake up... Blahhhh. Sleeepy still, long weekend. Volunteered to run concession stand at our little league during Challenger, which is for mentally/physically challenged kids. We love being out there. Great kids. I used sunscreen, spf 50 and still have my sunglasses imprinted on my face, LOLOL. Ah well, thats because we played against our kids and 3 other kids in a scrimmage of baseball right after Challenger. Was fun tho.

Anyhoo, maybe all that helped me keep at least the same weight. Haven't weighed today. But better go get some work done now.. Hugs. Can't wait for next challenge! Yay!!

When do we know what we are calling this next one?

Bye for now!
Selina
Old 05-16-2011, 10:21 AM   #5  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Last date to make suggestions for challenge name will be on May 22nd by 11:59pm. We will announce the challenge name on the same day we announce the teams by May 24th/25th.

Don't forget on May 22nd when you make your final weigh in for the spring challenge, to also update your starting weight for the summer challenge. The thread will close at 11:59pm AST. If you still don't know AST, google it. It's Novia Scotia time.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:02 PM   #6  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

THERE'S STILL TIME TO COMPLETE 7 LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS! EVERYONE, FINISH STRONG!!!!
Old 05-18-2011, 10:54 AM   #7  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Name suggestion for the summer challenge...The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Summer
Old 05-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #8  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

I am loving weight watchers plus lol. I am down to 181! I started back last wednesday at 188 so it's nice to be at my lowest weight since (age) 15 so quickly! Hope to be a little more down by weigh in.
Good luck everyone only 4 days left!
Old 05-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #9  

Hi hows everybody doing a few nice losses on here so congrats thats awesome.

As Shan said please google the AST time (remember Nova Scotia is on ADT right now) make sure to google the AST time. Not confusing at all right

Well off to work just wanted to pop in and say hello.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:10 PM   #10  
SARGE

Maybe this will help everyone with converting AST time zone to their own time zone:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...www.google.com

Good luck to all on final weigh in!
Old 05-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is doing great this last week of the challenge. I've had a few setbacks but am glad to say I'm finishing strong.

Jay-I've notice how awesome you have done this challenge! Congrats on the great results and all the hardwork.

Page-Congrats on finding a weightloss program thats working for you!

Rainbow, Bigmid, Shan
Old 05-20-2011, 12:22 PM   #12  
SARGE

Dream--Thanks for the congrats and noticing.

I'd like to take a moment as we all finish up this challenge as a combined "purple" team to put a few thoughts down. Midway through this challenge a message was delivered to the Red team to be more "encouraging & supportive" instead of competitive. The thread nearly died, and I sat for a few days dumbfounded and sad because I had come to enjoy and rely on the thread for daily motivation.

I realize my laser focus and style of motivation is not for everyone, but this 55 year old came to discover a bunch of new things. Elsewhere on the 3FC site you could start your own thread and find more of your "own kind" so to speak. And so, "Sarge's Boot Camp" was born, and now there isn't a day that goes by that I don't laugh out loud at something some member of the platoon posts.

I only mention this because I really do appreciate the time BigMid and Shan put into The Biggest Loser Competition. Yes, I am competitive, but I hadn't felt like that for years and this challenge woke a bunch of stuff up in me again. For that I am extremely grateful.

Sarge's Boot Camp can be found in the Chicks Up for a Challenge section of the 3FC site. We're currently pooling our miles doing a virtual trek across America and all sorts of other fun things. If you're up for an extra challenge and enjoy "competition" check us out and play along!

By Sunday final weigh-in I will have met my goal so won't be signing up for The BL summer challenge, but I truly wish each and every one of you the best of luck on your weight loss journey. It truly is an amazing feeling to accomplish what you set out to do!

Thank goodness the 3FC website exists, thank goodness for the amazing people I've met through the site, and thank you again fearless leaders and organizers! You are truly helping throngs of people in more ways than you'll probably ever know.

Last edited by JayTee; 05-20-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:55 PM   #13  
Doing something for me!

Finally! I am 179 as of this morning!!!!!
Old 05-21-2011, 01:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageLynn View Post
Finally! I am 179 as of this morning!!!!!
That's awesome!
Old 05-21-2011, 09:00 PM   #15  
Doing something for me!

Thank you! I am so excited only 5 more lbs and then I will officially only be overweight lol