Old 05-14-2011, 04:53 PM   #1  

Exclamation Cost of Ideal Protein

Hi everyone!!!

I am new to this forum. I heard about Ideal Protein many times before but thought it was a scam until I saw a girl I know lose 70 pounds in couple of months....

I hear that this program was really expensive, I was wondering if you could tell me how much it costs you every week or months?

Ive spent so many dollars on diet, pills, and gyms.. But this time its way different, we are on an extremely STRICT budget since my boyfriend started a new company... So Im kind of freaking out, I wanna TRY it so bad, but I dont know if I cant afford it...

I've done Weight Watchers, lost 12 pounds in couple of months while being at the gym 4-5 days a week (Zumba, Step and training) Im tired of working my bum like crazy and seeing super small results...

Recently I gained back 6 pounds and didnt change any habits in what I eat or do at the gym... I am really sad about it!

I have to lose 30-35 pounds max to be my healthy BMI....

Please tell me, this is not as expensive as I think....

Last edited by Vero87; 05-14-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Vero87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #2  
IP Started 10 May 2011

S/C/G: 150/132/95

Height: 5'

The initial cost will most likely vary from place to place but here are the basic costs from my coach:

-Each IP package(one meal or snack).....$4/ea
-Multi-Vita(60 caps)............................$25/
-Cal-Mag(120 caps)............................$20/
-Potassium & Calcium..........................$18/
-Ideal Protein Shaker..........................$8/

On Phase 1 where you will lose around 90% of your weight you will need this daily:

-3 IP packages(meals/snacks)
-2 Multi-Vita
-1 Potassium & Calcium
-4 Cal-Mag

You will also need to purchase natural sea salt as it's mandatory on the diet and the only salt you can use.

My initial visit was $312.94, that included meeting with my coach, weight, measurements, all literature and cookbook, 11 days of food, one bottle of each supplement and the protein shaker. So the IP food will run you $84/ per week. It's quite a bit of money to invest into upfront and the weekly costs do go down in the latter phases but it is quite expensive. Personally going into this diet knowing how strict this diet was I would not have chosen it if I knew I couldn't afford to follow through with it, just my .02c.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do, there are alternatives to the IP products that many on here have found cheaper that are comparable but I have not looked into those so maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in.
Tab McButterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:46 PM   #3  

Thanks so much for your reply !!!!

Yep, I think this diet is too good to be true for me at the moment...
There is no way I can't afford an extra 85$ per week...

But I have to convince myself that the 85$ per week will also make me buy less groceries... (I think).

Im waiting for the coach in my region to call me back, I hope I will be able to talk about it with her... or do maybe another ''version'' of the program if possible...

I've gained 40 pounds in a year without changing any habits (food or gym). My doctor was extremely surprised when she saw me, she was used to see me being skinny for years...

I cant wait to lose that weight and be myself again... I just hate that trying to be healthy costs so much...

If anyone have any ideas about ''replacement'' products, it would be greatly appreciated...

Since I dont know the program at all, I have no idea how to start and what to look for...

Thanks!
Old 05-14-2011, 05:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

There are alternative products you can order online that cost about 1/3 as much as IP. Check the "Alternatives" thread for info.
Tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 152.4/138/125.5

Height: 5'4-1/2"

Default Nashua Nutrition

You can order a few different brands of alternative foods at Nashua Nutrition online. I ordered 2 weeks of food for $75...I was spending $90 a week for IP foods.

I've attached a couple spreadsheets comparing the products they sell to IP products. Most are comparable nutritionally but some do have fructose in them. Personally this doesn't affect my weight loss but it does for some people.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf food comparison-2.pdf (200.4 KB, 1079 views)
File Type: pdf Compare Lindora-IP for 3FC.pdf (248.0 KB, 613 views)
lindacraig63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindacraig63 View Post
You can order a few different brands of alternative foods at Nashua Nutrition online. I ordered 2 weeks of food for $75...I was spending $90 a week for IP foods.

I've attached a couple spreadsheets comparing the products they sell to IP products. Most are comparable nutritionally but some do have fructose in them. Personally this doesn't affect my weight loss but it does for some people.
With 4 kids I couldnt afford the extra $400 or more a month, so I decided to start the program using alternatives. I purchased from Nashua nutrition online and spent about $100 (including shipping to Ontario) this is what I ordered

HealthSmart Fruit Drink - Strawberry Kiwi (7/Box)
HealthSmart Hot Chocolate - Mint (7/Box)
HealthSmart Oatmeal - Maple Brown Sugar (7/Box)
HealthSmart Omelet - Bacon & Cheese (7/Box)
HealthSmart Protein Bar - Caramel Crunch (7/Box)
HealthSmart Protein Bar - Peanut Butter (7/Box)
HealthSmart Pudding & Shake - Variety Pack (7/Box)
ProtiDiet Protein Bar - Supreme Caramel (7/Box)
ProtiDiet Soup - Beef Vegetable (7/Box)

I haven't received my order yet, but it shipped the same day and I should be receiving it next week!! I bought some protein powder (pure protein vanilla) from walmart so that I can start the the IP diet on Monday. I also stocked up on Lettuce and veggies and lean meats. I know there are a few people that are doing IP using alternative products with success. I started a thread called "alternatives" that has a wealth of information as well all the stickies at the top are amazing to learn about and understand the diet!

I'll let you know next week how the alternatives work for me

Goodluck!
Babyblues4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:22 PM   #7  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

If I could throw in my thoughts...

I think it's real important for you to read Dr. Tran's book, so you will understand the protocol, to lose the most weight and do it safely. I cant
begin to tell you how important water consumption is and supplements
are to this plan. You need to keep your kidney's healthy & free from stones and keep your electrolites in balance. The link to Dr. Tran's book is listed on the first post of every daily chat. Plus the more knowledge you have the more successful you will be.

Best of luck to ya!

P.S. Watch the carbs on some of your product, sounds like some COULD be restricted products. No more then one a day, but really best if you can wait 2 or 3 weeks before consuming them. Anything over 11 carbs are restricted.
Coloradodivegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
If I could throw in my thoughts...

I think it's real important for you to read Dr. Tran's book, so you will understand the protocol, to lose the most weight and do it safely. I cant
begin to tell you how important water consumption is and supplements
are to this plan. You need to keep your kidney's healthy & free from stones and keep your electrolites in balance. The link to Dr. Tran's book is listed on the first post of every daily chat. Plus the more knowledge you have the more successful you will be.

Best of luck to ya!

P.S. Watch the carbs on some of your product, sounds like some COULD be restricted products. No more then one a day, but really best if you can wait 2 or 3 weeks before consuming them. Anything over 11 carbs are restricted.
Thanks for the info and advice! I saved a copy of his book to file and I'm just starting to read it.
I know the bars are restricted... and I'm not sure about the oatmeal... I wasn't aware of the over 11carbs are restricted...good to know!
Tomorrow I plan on buying my vitamins... and I'm set to go
Babyblues4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:33 PM   #9  

Good, glad you have the book.

Make sure you getting the correct vitamims. IP makes a cal-pot
that hasn't been found to have another line for. I honestly don't
know what the "do it yourselfers" are doing for the cal-pot.

You should really go read the alternate supplement or vatamin thread.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:39 AM   #10  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I thought it was over 7 carbs it's restricted.
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:35 AM   #11  

Ya know Mine.... you could be right about that. Thanks for the correction. I would also watch the calories in those packets. I THINK the highest calorie packet in a non restricted is 110.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:34 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vero87 View Post
Hi everyone!!!

I am new to this forum. I heard about Ideal Protein many times before but thought it was a scam until I saw a girl I know lose 70 pounds in couple of months....

I hear that this program was really expensive, I was wondering if you could tell me how much it costs you every week or months?

Ive spent so many dollars on diet, pills, and gyms.. But this time its way different, we are on an extremely STRICT budget since my boyfriend started a new company... So Im kind of freaking out, I wanna TRY it so bad, but I dont know if I cant afford it...

I've done Weight Watchers, lost 12 pounds in couple of months while being at the gym 4-5 days a week (Zumba, Step and training) Im tired of working my bum like crazy and seeing super small results...

Recently I gained back 6 pounds and didnt change any habits in what I eat or do at the gym... I am really sad about it!

I have to lose 30-35 pounds max to be my healthy BMI....

Please tell me, this is not as expensive as I think....
You really need to check out the alternative product threads. The protocol does work really well, even with different products. My husband & son have had great success following ip protocol but using shakes from GNC & Costco - at less than 50c per serving, compared with the $3-4 for IP packets. The most important thing is commitment level, as it is very strict, but it sounds like you're there. Good luck!!
blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #13  
Started IP Feb 4,2011

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Make sure you getting the correct vitamims. IP makes a cal-pot
that hasn't been found to have another line for. I honestly don't
know what the "do it yourselfers" are doing for the cal-pot.
I have ordered vitamins and amino acids from swansonvitamins.com a few times and they have really great prices. I was about to order amino acids from them when I realized that my protein powder that I get from Costco has the same amino acids that IP has so I was covered. Looks like this site sells the calcium-potassium also.
HokieHi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:11 PM   #14  

Thanks a lot to all of you!!!! )))))))))))
Old 05-15-2011, 10:26 PM   #15  
Started IP May 1, 2011

S/C/G: 200/186/140

Height: 5'4"

You should also check for coupons/deals. I was able to get a Wagjag for my location which really helped. Wagjag is like a Groupon. Good luck
SamanthaF is offline   Reply With Quote