Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 10:49 PM   #1  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Default #190 - where is spring?

Hey all. Seems like the # thread has kind of gotten lost so I thought I would start it up again.

Is it me or does it feel like it hasn't even really been spring yet? We still have the flipping furnance on for heaven's sake. It is supposed to start warming up in this area over the next few days and then be cooler again. Not that I'm really complaining because all too soon I'll be slugging the a/c upstairs so we can sleep at night without sweating to death.

I've been really down these past few months and I'm thinking I need to see my dr about some therapy and maybe some medication. Normally I'll get blue and be able to snap out of it but this has gone way beyond feeling blue. I'm going to ask her to do a full spread of blood tests too, maybe my thyroid has finally keeled over.

Right now everything is really horrible. My job, my marriage, my daily life, the only bright spot is my son, he is the best thing in my life, the only thing that is giving me any happiness lately.

Sorry to be on such a downer. I guess I"m looking for a little pick me up from ya'll.

Take care everyone, hope things are better for ya'll this weekend.
Old 05-17-2003, 11:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

of course we're here to pick you up! also, i'll try to send some sun your way! it's not quite summer here, but the sun doesn't seem to know that. today it was hot... but windy so it wasn't unbearable.

you can always come here for support. =) and remember, eating right and exercising isn't JUST about losing weight -- when you do it, you feel good!
Old 05-18-2003, 12:16 AM   #3  
missaprylj

I agree. Where IS spring? Grr.
I'm sorry to hear that things seem to be on the downside for you, Jen. It sounds like YOU'RE trying to turn things around though, and that is something to really be proud of. Some people just figure that things are so bad "what's the point?" and THAT'S when they're really in trouble. Good luck with everything, my prayers are with you. -Apryl

Old 05-18-2003, 01:39 AM   #4  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

(((hugs))) Jen - I hope things start looking up for you soon!

It was barely above freezing here today, it was hailing and so windy that I couldn't stand being outside. The furnace is going full tilt and I am so cold. I went to some garage sales today, and I accidentally locked myself out of my car (while it was running too). I had to call for a locksmith and I sat outside in the sidewalk for 40 minutes waiting for him. I was huddling up to the front of my car for warmth and I am still chilled to the bone from it.
Old 05-18-2003, 03:45 AM   #5  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Definitely see someone, Jen. You shouldn't have to figure this out all on your own. *hugs*

Yes, it's been raining for almost the last 2 weeks. It can stop anytime.
Old 05-18-2003, 10:55 AM   #6  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Well, it hasn't been cold here, but it's been raining for three damn weeks and we've had tornado warnings (as in "get in the tub 'cause it looks like it's coming your way") literally every other night.

And I agree, Jen - you should definitely see someone.
Old 05-18-2003, 05:08 PM   #7  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

thanks everyone for their support. It means a lot to me to know that there are some people out there pulling for me.

today has been a really good day. of course my husband isn't around to ruin it for me but my mom did phone me and get on my nerves big time because she wanted me to tell her what was going on and I wouldn't. Why don't some people get the hint? I came right out and told her I didn't want to talk about it and she bugged me for a few minutes before I was finally able to change the subject and she dropped it. She thinks I need someone to talk to about this which I do agree with but not with her. She would only just tell me what I should do and then she'd be po'd with my husband which I don't need.

Anyway it has been a nice, sunny, warm day here. I had a nice walk with the baby, we went to the park and I've been outside a fair bit doing some gardening. I bought some impatiens for planting in the front yard but I think that will be for tomorrow which is supposed to be nice as well.

Take care all.
Old 05-20-2003, 11:07 AM   #8  

There's no anti-depressant like gardening for me, Jen! I always feel better when I get outdoors. I'm so glad you got some sun your way!
Old 05-20-2003, 02:08 PM   #9  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Jen - Don't you just HATE that. I mean, there is nothing more blatent than, "I do not want to talk about it." Yet, some people just don't understand that at all!!! It's super frustrating.

I've got some good news, I'm finally MOVING!!! My boyfriend and I just put a deposit down on a rental house downtown. I am so excited! It's bigger and two floors. It has a small yard for the dogs and it's right by the trolley. I can't wait. I currently live in the tinyest place in the world. If anyone ever gets depressed about rent (or house payments) look at San Diego. The MEDIAN price for a home is around $394,490!!!! The MEDIAN income for a family is $45,041!!! My rent is about $1500 a month (for a two bedroom). This is like living in Manhattan!
Old 05-20-2003, 02:16 PM   #10  

Default Talking to your doctor would be a good idea

I don't know how old your son is but it could be baby blues and you can get help for that. I hope the gardening helped. It is so nice to see the new growth in the gardens. That always makes me feel better.
Old 05-20-2003, 02:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

yeah, i totally don't want to live in san diego, for that reason jessica! NoCal is expensive enough!

congrats on moving!!
Old 05-20-2003, 03:41 PM   #12  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Yeah, Jessica - when hubby and I lived in San Diego, we paid $525 for a 550-sq.ft. apartment...and that was 17 years ago! We loved it there, but there's no way I'm going back - too expensive!

And it's odd....I went to the mortgage calculator at ginniemae.gov. I typed in $45,000 for yearly income, then $200 for minimum monthly credit card payment, $300 for car payment, and $100 for "other" (I was thinking student loans.) With these figures, the max mortgage loan you can get is $119,809. If the avg. income is $45,000 a year, who's buying the houses? Pretty soon the real estate market is going to price itself out of business!
Old 05-20-2003, 04:58 PM   #13  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hi All!! Thought I'd check in.

Things are pretty good. My BIL's wedding was last weekend. It was fun, I should have some pics to post soon. EVen @ 294 lbs, I felt pretty and even sexy. It's been a long time since I felt sexy, I almost forgot I could. I am going to try and feel that way more often. I let my weight rule what I wear, clothing and shoes. I shouldn't do that.

On the "journey" homefront, I am still doing the EAT 6. This week I was up, but I attribute that to TOM. It will be interesting to see how next week is.

I am going to go back to curves tomorrow. I saw my foot doctor and I will be getting orthotics, but she gave me some meds and told me I could go back. Yippppeeee. I felt better when I was going. 4-5 days a week is my goal.

I also went to see the Doc about my TMJ - Looks like I'll be getting a mouth piece ($1900 later). I'll have to wear it 24/7 at first. Fun, Fun.

I am going to try to spend the next few weeks getting my life back under control. I am behind on everything. I need to take off work for a week and play catch up!!

Jen - ((HUGS)) I'm sorry that things are in such a bad state right now. I do think speaking to someone is a good idea. And I also think daily exercise might help too.

Raelynn - I hate keys and cars. One time I locked myself out of my car...with Jacob in the car...in the rain. Not my best day.

Goddess Jessica - One more reason to live in Indiana. 5 years ago we paid $124,000 for our 2100 sq. ft home. 394,000!! How can that be??? Congrats on your new place!
Old 05-20-2003, 11:01 PM   #14  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

Sandi - I was so glad that Jordanna wasn't with me, because I would have been so upset with her in the car and me locked out!

Jessica - wow that is expensive for rent. And I thought that $725/w all utilities included was too much! lol
Old 05-21-2003, 05:16 PM   #15  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Jacob's Mommy - I'm sorry but I had to laugh at the locking your kid in your car, in the rain! How terrible but funny! My aunt's kids once locked her out of the car (while they were in it) and wouldn't let her back in. They were around 3 and 7!!! The locksmith couldn't understand why they wouldn't just open the door and when he popped the lock? Ryan (the 7 year old) pushed it back down again and laughed manically. Hee!

Holly - yep, I would love to live in NoCal but here is where the Cute Boyfriend is. The only thing I really hate about San Diego is the cold water. It would be perfect if it wasn't for that. But hey, if you ever want to visit! Look me up!

Jennelle - Yeah, the market is bound to fall. I mean, this is crazy!
Closed Thread