General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-10-2011, 09:52 PM   #1  

Default "Made To Crave" Book (inspirational)

I don't know if I posted this in the right place. Has anyone read this? I just ordered it off ebay. It isn't a diet book. It's a motivational book with a Christian theme .

Here is the product description from Amazon: Made to Crave is the missing link between a woman's desire to be healthy and the spiritual empowerment necessary to make that happen. The reality is we were made to crave. Craving isn't a bad thing. But we must realize God created us to crave more of him. Many of us have misplaced that craving by overindulging in physical pleasures instead of lasting spiritual satisfaction. If you are struggling with unhealthy eating habits, you can break the 'I'll start again Monday' cycle, and start feeling good about yourself today. Learn to stop beating yourself up over the numbers on the scale. Discover that your weight loss struggle isn't a curse but rather a blessing in the making, and replace justifications that lead to diet failure with empowering go-to scripts that lead to victory. You can reach your healthy weight goal -- and grow closer to God in the process. This is not a how-to book. This is not the latest and greatest dieting plan. This book is the necessary companion for you to use alongside whatever healthy lifestyle plan you choose. This is a book and Bible study to help you find the 'want to' in making healthy lifestyle choices.

I just ordered the book and would like to hear from anyone else who has read it or is interested in reading it
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:32 PM   #2  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I read Lysa's book. Now my Mother and I are reading it together, chapter by chapter. I got a lot out of it, and even again the second time. I got a lot of ideas and inspiration to why I was over eating, and true motivation to stop emotionial eating; food is never going to give me anything but nutrition. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:45 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
I read Lysa's book. Now my Mother and I are reading it together, chapter by chapter. I got a lot out of it, and even again the second time. I got a lot of ideas and inspiration to why I was over eating, and true motivation to stop emotionial eating; food is never going to give me anything but nutrition. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Thanks! That's great to hear I hope it helps me with my relationship with food. I'm doing better with the physical cravings but I need help with emotional cravings. I think it's great you and your mother are reading it together too!
Old 05-10-2011, 11:33 PM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I never thought I would be indifferent to chocolate. It was hardwired into me that I had to have it to be happy. Mind you, I had to read the book twice before I figured out that I was wrong. I'm not saying I never eat chocolate anymore, LOL, but its a choice I can make, not a desperate attempt to feel better.

I hope someone else chimes in with their thoughts. I'd like to hear other peoples reactions also.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:52 PM   #5  

well now I definitely can't wait to read the book! I need strength against chocolate! Yeah, maybe others have read it too and can chime in, but I'm certainly glad you have Hopefully I will get it before the weekend so I can read it over the weekend