South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 05:47 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Tuesday, May 10

Glorious sunrise is about to happen. The robins were up too darn early this morning but I forgive them. The doggage and I had coffee outside again and watched the first part of the morning unfold. I love this time of day and they seem to love it too.

I'm hitching a ride to the city this morning to pick up a rental car. My Focus is gone for a week or so getting minor bodywork done and a new coat of red paint. I need bodywork too but will settle for a coat of nail polish! After I pick up the car, I just might check out the garden centres after lining the car trunk with a drop sheet. I can't linger though as Jazz and I do pet therapy this afternoon.

Domino may be joining my menagerie this weekend. She needs to be re-homed and just may fit in here. It's a long sad story but she needs loving care and some medical attention. There goes Jazz's college fund! She's a 7 year old female black and white Springer who has been in lots of shows so probably is well trained. We shall see how she gets along with my two.

So how does your day look from this end of it?
Old 05-10-2011, 05:52 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning Ruth,
Thanks for starting this up. I'm drinking coffee and getting ready to do my rebounding. I'll miss it while we are away. Got a lot accomplished yesterday at work. The combo of it being the end of the semester and having a bit of time means I'll be able to really tie up all lose ends before I go (a feeling I love). Same with home - I'm going to be able to use every scrap of food in the house except for condiments! I LOVE coming home to a fresh start. Cyndi, like you - our cleaner is going to do a huge spring cleaning while we are away.

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Up early because my throat is sore; still fighting this cold

Basketsbears -

Ruth - I grew up with Springers and love them. Such sweet dogs.

Matilda - I'd love to go away and come home to a clean house! Vacation with a bonus.

Today might be record-breaking hot here. Might try to get a bike ride in this morning but it is already in the mid 70s at 5am. Teen has his last AP exam today. Woo hoo! I really, really need to start baking for his party. Hair day; my mom cracks me up that she refrained from commenting on my gray part Sunday but somehow it sure came up at the gym yesterday. Ah, moms.

Have a great one, all.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, it's one of those mornings I wish I could go back to bed!!

Going to drink my coffee and watch the chatter!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm about to take my 2nd cup of coffee outside to enjoy this glorious morning while I water the garden. Everything is flourishing and I've been enjoying fresh lettuces, Swiss chard and rhubarb, and the radishes should be ready any day now.

Ruth, I think Domino is very lucky to have found you and become a new member of your family. Are Disney and Jazz excited to have a new sister and playmate? She sounds lovely and I'm sure will fit right in.

Matilda, how nice to be able to go away and come home to a clean house!

Karen, I hope your cold is getting better. Around here, almost everyone is battling allergies, as the pollen is just awful this year. Feel better soon!

Twynn, isn't it just gorgeous outside! Enjoy your coffee and I hope you have a great day!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:55 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm working slowly into one of my days off. Of course off means errands, cleaning and gardening but it's my day to plan. I'm going to Trader Joe for a vacation shopping. We try not to eat out too much and bring our own super easy but healthier foods with us. There is a pretty nice grocery store nearby so I don't need to worry about basics.

Ruth - Lucky Domino! It needs to be a little warmer before I drink my coffee on the porch but I'm sure those days are just round the corner.

Mathilda - thanks for the clean the fridge reminder! I would be tempted to buy new groceries for dinner but should inventory the fridge first. Not a lot backed up in there because I've been so busy, so it should be easy.

Karen - Hope that cold moves on soon! Happy bike riding

Twynn- Is the coffee helping?

Cottage - rhubarb. Maybe I'll find some for sale in my travels today. That reminds me, saw that the local farm market finally has asparagus (gotta love facebook!). I'll be stopping there today (and tomorrow and Thursday and...)

DD asked me to do the Boston Aids Walk with her. It's just a 5K so I agreed. We've been talking about doing some of those this year (thanks for the inspiration Natasha!).

Uh oh, sneezy, I bet those plants are pollinating again. I also removed my first tick of the season yesterday. I love warmer weather but it certainly has its challenges Ah well, I'm not about to complain about sunshine! Happy Tuesday everyone
Old 05-10-2011, 08:04 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

A beautiful day here, too! We got up early which meant a serious dent in my computer time. Alas, now the sun is rising and I need to get going. I'm running to the grocery to look for apple boxes to pack all the books for the yard sale...a whole bookcase full. Then back for essential paperwork before resuming sorting up above. I'll fit exercise in (I did yesterday, too) and my food is all planned for the day.

Ruth, Domino sounds like a diamond in the rough. What a lucky girl.

Have a great one!
Old 05-10-2011, 08:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Pardon me for jumping in your thread, but do any of you happen to know why I cannot find South Beach Protein Fit cereal bars in any stores? I tried the Kraft website but contact info would not load for me.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:34 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth- I think it is great that you are thinking of adding Domino to your brood.

Matilda- That sounds great coming home to a clean home

Karen- It is supposed to be recording breaking heat here as well.

Therapet- most of us don't use the SB cereal bars, so sorry I can't help you, I have not heard if they are off the market. Though I have noticed when shopping that there is less and less of that brand at the stores I shop at. I never see the frozen dinners anymore either.

to everyone else

I started doing interval running this morning- boy that was a good workout- I will pay later with tight muscles. I woke up feeling much better though- Day 2 of Phase 1. Packed all my food for work so I am prepared for the day.

Took DD1 for her physical for school and they are doing shots and doing blood work as well, so we will have to make several trips. Tonight is Awana

Make it a great day everyone.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/225/165

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone! It's gonna be a busy day at work today, so just briefly checking-in before I get to it! But I've got a yummy packed lunch, and a friend and I plan to make the P2 Pizza Meat Pie recipe from the cookbook tonight while we watch Biggest Loser! Hope you all have a beachy day!

And Terapet, I agree with what PearlRose said. A few years ago I remember seeing the cereal bars and frozen meals everywhere, and now I've noticed that they're not in my local grocery either. If I had to take a guess I'd imagine they're off the market or in very limited distribution these days.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Thanks Ladies, that must be the case.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 161/133.8/135

Good Afternoon everyone! Have the house to myself on my day off, family that was visiting left yesterday, college boys will be home in a week, so REALLY enjoying the time alone.

Congrats Ruth on your new addition, nothing more exciting than a new dog and getting to know them. We have a bunch and I know I'm always a little anxious hoping the new one will get along with the others.

Terapet, you and I are the same height and weight, my goal weight is similar to yours, but before SBD I never hoped I could get to that weight, especially at 49. You inspire me!

Hi to all and hope you have a great week.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:56 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

Good morning/afternoon everyone! Glad to hear everyone is having another sunny day.

Terapet, I was doing some grocery shopping yesterday and happened to take a look at the section where the diet bars are (I don't use them either, but I was curious to see what they had available). I saw other diet plan bars but absolutely nothing south beach. I suggest maybe going to the website and sending them a message if you are really in need?

Second day of my week vacation. Got my shopping done yesterday and it looks like Project Runway is on television for the next few hours (a guilty pleasure of mine). It's so nice outside and I should ride my bike or do some gardening, but it's my vacation!

Ruth, do you take in many dogs? Every once in a while I consider getting a dog (to the horror of my two cats) and consider getting a shelter dog but am nervous about their age, history, etc. I know it's a risk but it's such a reward too, especially for the sweet little pup

cottagebythesea, I agree about the allergies, I think it's the tree pollen around here right now, everyone is sick! And I also have a rhubarb plant that really flourishes and I love to make strawberry rhubarb pie! Guess I will need to look for other uses!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #14  
Be happy.

Hi Ladies!

What a day I'm having, this is the first chance I've had to pop in to this thread. I'm always sad to see the school year end but this year I'm thinking I may be relieved!

Terapet, have you seen this recipe? Nessa Bars
They're so easy to mix up and stick in the oven, maybe they'd work for you instead of the packaged bars.

I'm not home for the day yet, still rushing around. Gotta get back to work.
Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday friends!
Closed Thread