Old 05-10-2011, 07:35 AM   #1  

Height: 5ft6'

Default I've been here FOREVER!

I think I have been here forever. I Lost a bunch of weight. Then took a break. Gained some back. Got mad. Lost some more. Took another break...you all get the idea. And I'm sure I'm not the only one either. But now (just like last year) it's spring time and I am hopping mad at myself for not finishing what I started. The lowest I got was 201lbs. That was this fall. I'm now like around 215lbs. I will be the big 30 in Nov and I swore that I would not turn 30 as a fatty. But 65lbs away from my goal and little more than 6 months till my birthday I am feeling a sense of urgency.

I really have been a member here for years. I lurk in the shadows reading all your posts when I'm not loosing. So most of you wont likely remember me. But I hope to be a regular again with my new found fire. I feel silly for saying this (as I am sure I have made this post in the past a few dozen times) but it is time! It is my time! I have to do this and it's what I want more than anything.

So snuggle over and make room for one more. I'm planing on stayin for a while.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:21 AM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I remember you! I've also been around here for years. Welcome back.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:59 AM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I remember you too!! I have also been here FOREVER!!! But I honestly feel that 3FC has saved my life.

Welcome back! You can get that last 65 lbs off, no problem!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:22 AM   #4  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

welcome back, i remember you too (us 'tracey's gotta stick together!) I've been around for years and years too, 3FC is AWESOME, i swear it's kept me on track all this time, a great place to check in and be accountable and get encouragement. Welcome back, hope to hear lots about your successes!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #5  
Incredible Shrinking Lisa

S/C/G: 279.2/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I understand wanting to reach a goal by your birthday... I turn 40 in September, and part of me can't believe I'm still going to be obese at that point.

Still, age ain't nothing' but a number, and I have the rest of my life to enjoy being healthy. If you remove that "urgency" you feel, and if you focus on positive changes from here on out, you can celebrate however much you've lost by your birthday. Otherwise, if you don't lose 65 pounds by your birthday, you'll punish yourself and feel like a failure. That's no way to start a new decade!

Celebrate the positives and enjoy the last six months in your 20's. Don't dread turning 30, and don't obsess about the weight loss. Be happy in your life and enjoy the journey. Easier said than done, I know, but as someone with a decade on you, the stress and anxiety don't help - I speak from experience! LOL!
LisaP916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:36 AM   #6  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I joined when I first lost in I think 2005, gained it all back plus 40 extra pounds and haven't lost it again until now so I feel ya!

I'm feeling better this time around. Last time it was a crash/fad diet. blah. Doing things right this time!

you can do it.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:40 AM   #7  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I think I'm one of the longest-time members here on 100 lbs. I was here on the "old" server in 1998, before we switched to the new one. I know how frustrating it can be to post here and do well, then fall off the wagon and disappear for a while, then return, then leave, then return...

But each time you get that itch to get back on plan, the people here are amazing! I've been on boards all over the net -- weight loss, diabetes, pcos, low carb, weight watchers, you name it -- and the people in THIS FORUM keep me coming back. I know I will always find understanding, and encouragement, and support, and a kick in the pants... from people who have been here, and are still here, struggling day in and day out with weight and health issues.

So welcome back! Welcome home! And we're here to help you reach those goals!

*hug*
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #8  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I remember you too! Welcome back. I have found that I do so much better if I stay active on this board, so I am sure that it will help you too. I look forward to seeing you around here!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #9  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I think you are underestimating our memories

Welcome back Tracey!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote