Old 04-21-2011, 12:53 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #254 Bale of Turtles Acting Like Turtles!!!!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:55 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
As usual, we got a little long, so I started a new thread. Terri and Princess and Bandit and I have bits of news you might like to check out.

Nancy and Loopy and Cherry and all the gals, chime in when you can.
Judy
Old 04-22-2011, 09:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Good Friday to you all! Cloudy, rainy and cool day here and there is a ton of rain heading in our direction... we did manage to get the yard mowed last evening though, the lawn mower was not a happy camper at all when it hit the many wet spots in the yard but it had to be done so we plowed through and got it done.

Went to my TOPS meeting and W/I last night... still just treading water and need to get serious... was up .6 - I know what to do, guess I need to start doing it. We are going to do a few challenges though that should help as I am not the only one in the group that needs to get serious, our whole group is slacking right now. I am thinking about suggesting that we form a walking group one night a week to see if that would help, i am not sure how much interest that would be though but may try it anyway.

I hope that everyone is doing well and best wishes for a wonderful holiday weekend.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Happy Easter, turtles:

Today was a sunny day for a change but we have had lots of rain as well.

Was down .25# at my meeting Thurs evening and got in another 3 mile walk Friday as well as bowling Thurs after Tops, so getting in some exercise.
Holidays are always a challenge for everyone so will try to stay on track
this weekend. I am cooking Sunday dinner and have decided to have turkey
& not ham. My dd is coming for dinner along with my exhusband & my gf
is still here, so should be a nice day,

Hope you are all doing your best over the holiday weekend.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:11 PM   #5  
Chick

Have a great day everybody!!!!!!

Happy Easter.
Love,
Judy
Old 04-24-2011, 10:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hey everyone just dropping in real quick. My grandmother passed away this past Thursday so we have been dealing with that I had lost 3.9# when I weighed in. Hope everyone had a good weekend.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:57 AM   #7  
Chick

Life4evr,
So sorry for your loss. I'm sending : to help you through this. It must have been difficult to go through this sadness right at the holiday time.

For all of us, this is a brand new day. Whatever has been inspiring us----keep it up. For those weight loss negatives----l'm going to try real hard to shake them! We can do this!

My best to everyone!!!
JUdy
Old 04-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #8  

I did terrible over the weekend... no excuses just made really bad choices! Back on it today though!

Life: very sorry to hear about your grandmother... take care of you!

I have to run, so busy today at work it is not even funny... will get back on later.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Itry and princess thanks. We had her service today it was nice. Well I didn't emotionally eat. Have been to busy. Off to Va to see my nieces and nephews. So it's break time.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Happy Tuesday back to routine!!!

Life sorry for your loss, glad you made it through the service and didn't emotionally eat. Great weight loss last week! Good for you.

I still have not weighed myself, Did eat desserts on the weekend but over all did pretty well. Went to the Y Sun & Mon for cardio, Mon lots of water. So i am keepin on !!!! and at it....... Am going to weigh myself at work as the scale is closest to the WW scale,and report back. must get the troops organised at work for our workplace weigh in, we have discussed it just need to get it together.

Hope every is doing well, and keepin at it! We can do this we must think thin and keep positive. Spring is here and the summer is close so lets use that for motivation maybe make a small challenge for July 1/July 4 holiday?

What do you guys think?

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:45 AM   #11  
Chick

Terri, good for you! and make a big difference. As far as a challenge, I will be in the 180's by July1-4. Thanks for the offer.

Princess, it's easy to overeat on the holidays. With the memorial service and my dh's need to go out to dinner after, and then with Easter I ate way more than I wanted for about a week and that was on top of not doing very well. This Wed. I'll WI and keep on doing my best. Monday was a good day so I once again feel on track.

Bandit, glad you had company for Easter and that your gf likes to exercise and is good company.

Life, glad you didn't submit to emotional eating. That's wonderful!

All, we're on a new day and a new track. As one of my WW friends says, "It's time to let the good habits creep back in." I love that! I'll keep that message in my head. (It doesn't hurt that the muffin top I added back over these last few days has shown its ugly self again. I'm actually uncomfortable from the fast gain and I want it gone!)
JUdy
234.6/????/180's and thinner
Old 04-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Rain, rain and more rain - but the garden/lawn will love it.

Got in our walk Mon night and my gf is away for tonight, so I might go again.
Eating has been OK this week with one exception yesterday. At work there
were samosas & I had 2 but counted them & forget them.

Life - sorry for your familys loss and congrats on your weigh loss last week.

Terri - sounds like you are focussed and thats great.

Princess - I am sure this week will be better, hang in there.

Judy - Love your friends quote & hope your week is great.

Someone posted another quote which I liked and it is something like

"I will lose 1# 50 times" Sometimes it gets overwhelming when we have
lots to lose, so maybe this will be more manageable for us.

All - lets have a great week at the scales. Holiday over, time to get busy!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:51 AM   #13  

Just a quick hello... very busy at work so I have to run... have a great day all!
Old 04-27-2011, 07:15 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All

Getting back to it! Went to the Y this am, did 40 min of cardio burned just over 300 calories, eating not bad, did not make it to the scale, no time yesterday. So good day overall.

Bandit I like the "lose 1 lb 50 times" I have heard that somewhere before, sounds easier doesn't it?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:54 AM   #15  
Chick

Terri, for all you're doing.

Yes, I love that saying. I can lose 1#. And I can certainly do it 50X. So thanks to you and Bandit for the insight.

Princess, how's your garden coming along? I just received a rose bush I had ordered and I hope to plant it today. It's called knockout and it supposedly blooms all summer long right up to frost.

Today is my WI, so I'll be back later to say hi.
Judy