Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #1  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Default Less than 20 pounds to goal and had more than 50 to lose

Hello, wondering if anyone out there is in the same situation? I have 15 more pounds to goal and I had a total of 90 pounds to lose.

I am having a hard time every single day. I want to be done so bad. Part of it is my size. I love all my size 8's (some getting too big) and that my medium shirts are starting to hang. I never ever ever ever thought those sizes were achievable....my original goal was 175 and a size 12 loose and maybe fitting into a few pairs of 10s.

But that darn scale...I really want to see a healthy BMI....156 and then I wouldn't mind a few pounds below that to play with.

I have been at this for 8 months so I am just so anxious to get back to somewhat normal lifestyle. I am really looking forward to maintenance and being able to have a Friday night happy hour (usually at home with hubby and a nice bottle of red).

I cannot believe how hard it is to keep going, but I am.....it is so bad that I am going to bed at 8pm and stirring at 4am...just to get on the scale and see if I am any closer to phasing off.

Okay...this was just a ton of ranting, but I am somewhat grounded and have no intentions of stopping until I am done. I think part of it is that I am so darn excited that I will make my goal weight...the lowest I have ever lost to is around 198.

Well, if you are out there and in the same situation goal wise.....I am looking for a few people to march to the finish line with. Thanks
Old 05-05-2011, 02:13 PM   #2  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

I'm also aiming for 155... and we're right about the same height. I am also taunted by healthy BMI, as well as friends who say "you don't have a big frame. Go for 140!" I think I am just dense. The last time I weighed 155 was in high school, and I was a solid 6 and fit into some 4's. Personally, I don't think I was very healthy at that weight. But, this time around, we'll see!

My highest weight was around 218... I was 212.5 this time last year, then lost some doing Weight Watchers and being a little more active. That took me 8 months, then I was down to 204.5. That's when I discovered IP. Basically, I'm trying to lose 50lbs on the nose from my IP start weight, but 58 pounds since this time last year.

I'm only at 177 now, so I can't tell you what I'll feel like at 170 (where you are). I DO know that I was 172 when I was married over 5 years ago, and I felt good. I definitely had another 10lbs that I thought I could lose, but didn't feel "fat". I recall wearing size 10. Hopefully that is how you feel now.

I would love to march to the finish line with you. I'm going to be a few weeks behind you, but that means I can admire you from behind, right??? <Please laugh>... So, officially I am 22lbs to goal but hopefully you'll bend the rules a tiny bit. I'll do my best to catch up!

I too am really looking forward to maintenance and being able to share some red wine with hubby, in a fantastic little outfit! And I want his friends to comment on his "hottie wife." Ha ha ha...

I think you had asked about an electronic food diary. I thought I had deleted mine, so never responded. Then I found it on a tab of my food inventory planner... Here it is: IP food diary and planner.xls

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 05-05-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:34 PM   #3  

So glad I have someone joining me already. Yipppeee!

I made us a spreadsheet in google docs. Please add your info to it. We can keep track and stay motivated. Great work so far. Hopefully we can get a few more people involved.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...UC&hl=en#gid=0
Old 05-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #4  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Hello, wondering if anyone out there is in the same situation? I have 15 more pounds to goal and I had a total of 90 pounds to lose.

I am having a hard time every single day. I want to be done so bad. Part of it is my size. I love all my size 8's (some getting too big) and that my medium shirts are starting to hang. I never ever ever ever thought those sizes were achievable....my original goal was 175 and a size 12 loose and maybe fitting into a few pairs of 10s.

But that darn scale...I really want to see a healthy BMI....156 and then I wouldn't mind a few pounds below that to play with.

I have been at this for 8 months so I am just so anxious to get back to somewhat normal lifestyle. I am really looking forward to maintenance and being able to have a Friday night happy hour (usually at home with hubby and a nice bottle of red).

I cannot believe how hard it is to keep going, but I am.....it is so bad that I am going to bed at 8pm and stirring at 4am...just to get on the scale and see if I am any closer to phasing off.

Okay...this was just a ton of ranting, but I am somewhat grounded and have no intentions of stopping until I am done. I think part of it is that I am so darn excited that I will make my goal weight...the lowest I have ever lost to is around 198.

Well, if you are out there and in the same situation goal wise.....I am looking for a few people to march to the finish line with. Thanks
Instead of looking at a "healthy BMI" number, why not have your body fat tested with the skin fold caliper method or underwater submersion test to see what your bf%. I would determine your "healthy" weight by achieving a healty body fat %. I would need to get to 175 for a "healthy BMI" that is over another 25 lbs. I had my body fat checked and found it to be 12.4%. I am going to shoot for 9% which will still leave me in the 200lb range. Healthy for a male my age is between 11%-17%. So really I am already there.

Just my thoughts. Do what works for you, but BMI is just a reference and an AVERAGE.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #5  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

I am so with you Darbs. I was just looking at the BMI chart last night. I am currenlty at the upper end of normal. I was thinking about changing my goal weight also. Currently it is 120 but I was thinking 115, I'm only 5'1" so then I would be in the middle range of normal. This morning I weighed in at 123 so I thought maybe I would start phase 2 when I get to 120.

Last edited by Alaskaipjourney; 05-05-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

This is a tough decision that most coaches don't seem able to easily solve.

I am currently 148. My goal is 140, but i also am thinking maybe that is too low. My bf % is 16% and I am 5' 8". I exercise 6 days a week.

I am pretty happy here - my max weight ever was around 180 and I was 176 at the start of ip.
I am giving it a few more weeks to see what settles out.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #7  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
So glad I have someone joining me already. Yipppeee!

I made us a spreadsheet in google docs. Please add your info to it. We can keep track and stay motivated. Great work so far. Hopefully we can get a few more people involved.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...UC&hl=en#gid=0
Thanks. Accountability is EVERYTHING...
Old 05-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #8  

I could open up the spreadsheet - but not sure how to save it back to the location. So here are my add's.
Name twannab
Total weight lost to date 21.5
Start date for IP 3/9/2011
how much more you want to lose 20
Old 05-05-2011, 04:57 PM   #9  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

i'm in....of course i'm in....you need to keep a fire lit under me darbs!
Old 05-05-2011, 05:29 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Thanks. Accountability is EVERYTHING...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
i'm in....of course i'm in....you need to keep a fire lit under me darbs!
Alright girls let's get this task done
Old 05-05-2011, 06:33 PM   #11  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twannab View Post
I could open up the spreadsheet - but not sure how to save it back to the location. So here are my add's.
Name twannab
Total weight lost to date 21.5
Start date for IP 3/9/2011
how much more you want to lose 20
Google docs does autosave. I think you're good.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:31 PM   #12  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Darbs, you're my IP idol. I've followed and respected you for some time. I would honestly say that you need to stop when you're happy with your body. The # on the scale becomes just that--a #. I'm trying to get to an 8 and a size medium but I've kept in the back of my mind that if I feel fabulous at 10 that I'll stop. Just go for what feels right and care less about that darn BMI.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:56 PM   #13  
Fresh start

Hello! I am on it! I need to get rid off 20 lbs - I'd like 30 lbs but hubby said I was too bony and I don't look healthy - I am aiming 20lbs then go from there whether I go for 10 lb more or just stay at 150lb - Anyhow, I am on it and thank you Darbs for starting this thread and idea - Good luck to all of us
Old 05-05-2011, 11:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Darbs, you're my IP idol. I've followed and respected you for some time. I would honestly say that you need to stop when you're happy with your body. The # on the scale becomes just that--a #. I'm trying to get to an 8 and a size medium but I've kept in the back of my mind that if I feel fabulous at 10 that I'll stop. Just go for what feels right and care less about that darn BMI.
Thanks so much for that!! I don't honestly know what I should aim for. The last I remember what I weighed, I think I was in high school... While I am short, I am definitely not a thin-boned woman. I am sure I'll know when I get there! (Starting IP this weekend)
Old 05-06-2011, 04:59 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Instead of looking at a "healthy BMI" number, why not have your body fat tested with the skin fold caliper method or underwater submersion test to see what your bf%. I would determine your "healthy" weight by achieving a healty body fat %. I would need to get to 175 for a "healthy BMI" that is over another 25 lbs. I had my body fat checked and found it to be 12.4%. I am going to shoot for 9% which will still leave me in the 200lb range. Healthy for a male my age is between 11%-17%. So really I am already there.

Just my thoughts. Do what works for you, but BMI is just a reference and an AVERAGE.

Good thoughts and ones I have had forever. I have always lost weight and gotten to around 198 or 205 area....I am the lowest I have been as an adult so I want to achieve this goal. People freak at my weight (including my trainer when I told her yesterday).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
I am so with you Darbs. I was just looking at the BMI chart last night. I am currenlty at the upper end of normal. I was thinking about changing my goal weight also. Currently it is 120 but I was thinking 115, I'm only 5'1" so then I would be in the middle range of normal. This morning I weighed in at 123 so I thought maybe I would start phase 2 when I get to 120.

Post some pics and we can help you decide. It is so hard to go by a number because it doesn't take into account your height and your muscle mass. Plus you personally know what feels good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
This is a tough decision that most coaches don't seem able to easily solve.

I am currently 148. My goal is 140, but i also am thinking maybe that is too low. My bf % is 16% and I am 5' 8". I exercise 6 days a week.

I am pretty happy here - my max weight ever was around 180 and I was 176 at the start of ip.
I am giving it a few more weeks to see what settles out.

At your height and body fat percentage I would say you shouldn't lose weight. A skinny women should have a body fat percentage between 18-20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post

thanks Ash, you have done wonderful and you will get to the 8 and medium. Since January I have only lost 21 pounds but I was a size 12 at Christmas and a large top and 40DD bra. So even though it has only been 21 pounds...I went to a size 8 pants (starting to get loose) and medium top (some too loose) and a 36C bra (hubby says don't lose any more here please).

We can help each other get to goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveryoung View Post
Hello! I am on it! I need to get rid off 20 lbs - I'd like 30 lbs but hubby said I was too bony and I don't look healthy - I am aiming 20lbs then go from there whether I go for 10 lb more or just stay at 150lb - Anyhow, I am on it and thank you Darbs for starting this thread and idea - Good luck to all of us
Welcome aboard

It is very weird...people tell me I don't have any more weight to lose and yesterday my trainer said that I can't get below 125...it would be too low for my height (after I told her I wanted to lose 15 more)....I laughed...really 125? I told her I would need to lose over 40 pounds for that. It is so funny how the opinion changes....then they encourage you to lose more.

So they look at you and say no more, but when you confess your weight they say go ahead. So many people really judge purely by the number on the scale.
Closed Thread