Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 05:27 PM   #1  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Default Sarge's No Excuses / Boot Camp To Beach Weather #5

I joined 3FC seriously on 1/1/11, have lost 52 lbs./23%, and have assembled a platoon, a group determined to give 110% every day to achieving their weight loss goal. Some of the ladies nicknamed me Sarge, so Sarge it is!

--Please join if you're serious about dropping pounds and melting your BUTT-er (that's a salute to one of our troops) and have a sense of humor!

--Please join if you want daily motivation to achieve your goal. Sarge has plenty of time to keep an eye on you!

--Please join if you want Sarge to scream in your face like Jillian Michaels on Biggest Loser because that's what you're gonna get!

--Please join if you understand the definition of challenge, "...a call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition," this is your life we're talking about!

--Don't join if you're gonna bring excuses!

--Don't join if your head isn't in it yet. We'll be here to embrace you with well-toned arms when you're ready.

--Don't join if you're overly sensitive to comments like "step away from the buffet!"

--Don't join if you want to discuss anything other than get this freaking weight off of me! Sarge is type A personality. Reading touchy-feely stuff makes Sarge's eyes bleed!

RULES: Simply make Sarge a promise each Sunday to lose a certain number of pounds the following week then DO IT! New Privates encouraged to join any Sunday!

WHO IS WITH ME?!?!?!? All are welcome (including men)...any age, any amount of weight to lose. Say "Yes, Count Me In Sarge!" Do it, you know you want to, then drop and give me 20 minutes of exercise!

Sarge

Disclaimer: Sarge is not a doctor, a nutritionist, or personal trainer with any sort of real medical knowledge. Additionally, it is not my intention to poke fun at our armed forces. I salute the men & women protecting our country.

Last edited by JayTee; 05-15-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #2  
SARGE

Just rolling over the pledges from last thread...

Pledges 5/8-5/15

Sarge = 1 (& 5 Day Booze free)
Pokey = 1 (spazzy dancing & 5 Day Booze free)
Cheshire = 1
Kendrab = 2
Celrae = 2
Reso = 2
Sizzlin = 1
Linalin = 1 (& 5 Day Cheat free)
Bnhtla = 2
Peanutt = 1
Penguin = 1
Chickadee = 2
fatarnp = 1.5
LucyF = Maintain
Dreamer = 1
MadamB = 1
Misstiff = 2
K3= 1.5
Kneed = 3
Deanna = 2
Yoyo = maintain & still working on that 1 inch

Trolsk = 1

Total platoon goal = 30 lbs.

Newbie--week 5/15
aally =

Long & Short Term goals:

Peanutt -- 5K / May 29th
Pokey -- 5K / July 4th
Madam B -- Warrior Dash / 7/23
Kneed -- Warrior Dash / 6/18

(Warrior Dash is a 3+mile mud crawling, fire leaping, extreme run from he**)

Signed up for next BL Summer Challenge/Red Team: Peanutt, Pokey, Dreamer, Celrae, Bnhtla, Kendrab, Kneed, K3!

Last edited by JayTee; 05-11-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:43 PM   #3  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

There must be something in the water, Sarge, because I am positively vibrating with energy today.

Ran this morning and watched my times - Mile 1 was 14.46 and mile two came in at 30.55. Not bad for a girl who wouldn't run to her car in the rain six weeks ago!!!

I also did a two-fer today because of this wild energy, and I did it Rocky-style

I took MadamB's prompting and signed up for both classes. Crazy!!! So, come May 31st, I'll be boxing and Biggest Loser-ing!

Now I have that orange pork marinating in the fridge, and will be adding green beans with walnuts and bleu cheese crumbles as a side.

Hope everyone's having a great day!!!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6''

Just got home from 130 minutes at the gym!! Pretty good for me. Now it's off to the grocery store. (I'd rather go back to the gym than to the grocery store...)
I'm going to try working out really hard this week to see what it does for my water retention. We'll see....
Old 05-09-2011, 05:59 PM   #5  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

new thread already? jeez! I have a headache had some soynuts which is when it started, not sure. Ive had soy milk before and was fine though.....im thinking I gained 10 lbs this weekend bleh I feel like im bloated up the hilt (even though i know its just water, i didnt eat enough to gain 10 lbs) a nsv though, I am 3 pant sizes down from when I started, tried on some 22's on sat thinking they wouldnt fit and they did! woot woot!
Old 05-09-2011, 06:06 PM   #6  
One day at a time!!!

S/C/G: 211/*ticker*/TBD!

Height: 5'6

Sarge: Wow! New thread already!?

Pokey: I have the crazy energy too! I'm waiting for the kids to go to bed so I can go out to the garage and be handy/crafty! YAY POWERTOOLS!
Good luck with your classes! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Lucy: 130 min! Go you! Kicking @$$ and taking names, huh?

SMS: AWESOME NSV! Woot woot!! Hope your head feels better!

*Just checking in... so far, no cheating! I have actually eaten LESS than I should because I've been so busy!
Old 05-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #7  
Getting There!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

Hello new thread. Having a pretty good day. Calories are right on. Felling a bit of a pull for wine but I'm sticking to no alcohol during the week to keep those extra calories out of my diet.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:39 PM   #8  
SARGE

K3-- Don't Do It!!!! I Was Just Feeling The Same Urge, But I Remembered How Awesome I Felt Last Week When I 'dried Out" Monday To Friday!!!! Save Yourself!!!

Pokey -- Yummy pork tenderloin a'la Rocky!

Dreamer--Pants on the ground with a headache?!?!

LucyF -- Like Linalin said, 130 min. in the gym today? NICELY DONE!

Reso -- come out, come out wherever you are!

Let's hope this Week O'Win continues for all!

Last edited by JayTee; 05-09-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 211/see ticker/145

Sarge: The Warrior Dash that im signed up for is on June 18th! Im so excited! Im doing it with all my cousins, we have to figure out a fun and crazy costume idea soon!

Pokey: Signed up for both class?!?! AMAZING!! Good for you!! And about a 15 min. mile is awesome! Good job!

WoooHooo Just signed up for the Biggest Loser Challenge!! Thanks for posting that Sarge, somehow Im always too late!
Old 05-09-2011, 07:55 PM   #10  
One day at a time!!!

S/C/G: 211/*ticker*/TBD!

Height: 5'6

STILL have the energy! What can I do to get rid of it?! lol

I'm surprising my wonderful amaaaaaaazing boyfriend with a "man cave" in the garage... my BIL built a beautiful bench and table for me and I just painted them (along with the help of our 7 year old... she told me she'd do it for $1! As cheap as I am, I can't even give her that- gonna surprise her with $10 on Friday!)... I am SO PUMPED for him to come home and see it! I really hope he loves it! )
Old 05-09-2011, 08:15 PM   #11  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

WOOHOO, new thread

Pokey: I made that pork a few days ago, sooooo good, I had green beans too . . . Great minds think alike . used the leftovers and made tacos with mexican cheese, avacado on corn tortillas (from the mexican tortilleria). Oh you signed up for both . . . just remember when you're sore and tired, it will only be for a few weeks, then just the kickboxing . . .

OK, just popped in to say good night as I'm off to drink wine, eat a little cheese and chocolate (I worked evenings this past Fri, Sat and Sun) so tonight I get to pop the cork I have that same energy bug too. I cleaned the house, top to bottom, (including bathrooms)laundry, grocery store, put on a new muffler strap on the car (the other one rusted away) mowed the yard, put out 10 bags (20 yards) of mulch . . . OK that was enough

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT NIGHT

SARGE: DON'T FORGET TO BRING FORWARD MY WHOOOOSH FAIRY PLEASE!!!!!

NIGHT
Old 05-09-2011, 08:22 PM   #12  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

MadamB - thanks for the support with the two classes! And really, is there anything better in this world than wine and cheese?!
Old 05-09-2011, 08:29 PM   #13  
SARGE

Better than wine & cheese? Yes, sugar free vanilla pudding with sliced bananas and just a few walnuts on top (100 cals)! Yummmmm...

Gooey--Woosh fairy transport:

Just make sure you clean up after you woosh!

Last edited by JayTee; 05-09-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:38 PM   #14  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeycactus View Post
MadamB - thanks for the support with the two classes! And really, is there anything better in this world than wine and cheese?!
Yes meat ! lots and lots of meat.

Hi everybody, still hanging back taking it easier on the stress, didn't hardly do any extra exercise other than my daily walk and one or two bike rides this weekend and low and behold the scale dropped 3 pounds as of a couple minutes ago, i just had to be pushing my body to hard, causing physical stress and a near complete shutdown of burn to protect and repair, don't push yourself to hard or you will actually negate your efforts, nuts....

So i'm happy and having a couple rye and gingers, sorry for those abstaining.

MadamB : Gonna pull out my rubber ducky and have a nice hot bath tonight instead of my regular shower.

JayTee : Not mad at me anymore ? You called me Reso again instead of Resolute. Some of us guys pick up on the little things too, you know me.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:44 PM   #15  
SARGE

Linalin -- Still wanting to burn extra energy. Pick a challenge from this site: (it'll get rid of that extra energy): http://www.youregoingtosweat.com/the_challenge.html

Reso-- Did I call you by your full name recently?!?!? I wasn't mad! So happy for that 3lb WOOSH you got from taking it easy. Way to monitor things so you don't burn out!
Closed Thread