Old 05-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #1  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Default MAY-LAWL Friends

Well-it's May already! Time for a new thread . . .

Things are going well for me-weight coming off fairly quickly. Food issues have begun to rear their ugly head and I got some recommendations for some food therapists. Don't want to screw this up!

Today I celebrate the day I formally adopted Josie in Vietnam. Can't believe it's been 4 years!

Jillian-congrats on hubby coming home!

Don't have a lot of time this morning-just wanted to check in and say Hi to everyone.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #2  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! I'm still hanging in and exercising up a storm. I've stopped running though and I'm doing brisk walks instead. I find them more sustainable, I look forward to doing my walk, and with running I was starting to dread it, I just couldn't get past week 3 of my C25K program. In week 4 you have to run for 5 minutes at a time and I just couldn't get there.

Weight is coming off slowly for me lately, 4lbs in March, 3.8 in April, but hey, it's coming off. Exercising seems to help me get things moving in any case.

It's been slower since I moved away from my plan and more toward calorie counting. I found that fits better with my lifestyle since we often have food ordered in or eat out at work and I don't always get a say in what we are having. I still limit my carbs because I find I lose better with fewer and I don't feel hungry when I eat lots of protein.

Anyway, I'm still sitting at around 60lbs lost, and I'm upping my exercise to try to get another 10lbs off before my trip to Vegas on the 21st. Kind of a reach, but I'll do my best.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:17 PM   #3  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey JM and Angie

Just stopped by to check in. Angie......how long have you been calorie counting? I think you are kicking A$$, and just ask Jillian if you are not sure

JM....congrats on your adoption anniversary My BIL and SIL are adopting a baby this month. He is due the 23rd. They are doing a US adoption. They got extremely lucky and found a friend of a friend with a daughter in trouble. I hope and pray it all continues to go well for them. WTG taking the food issues on, no holds barred! You deserve to be healthy. What a great example you are setting for your girl .

And Jillian.....dear Jillian......I have a feeling you are rather busy getting busy right now . So happy your man made it home safe!!!!

Ok, must get to bed now. I sure have missed being here.
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:56 AM   #4  
Marissa

S/C/G: 205/181/150

Height: 5'9

Happy May everybody... it seems crazy that it is already may! ive been doing ok with my wt loss... slower than i want but that could be cuz i have given in to some temptations. ive almost lost all the wt i gained when my mom was here. it just doesn't seem worth it... eating bad one or 2 times and it taking a week or 2 to lose again. so i had a "yummy" salad (hear the sarcasm?). hopefully a few more *delicious salads will do the trick. lol.

Jillian: hope you are having fun with the hubby home... hope the bday party goes well. What did the doc say about your foot? will you be running anytime soon?
marissaann84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #5  
It's mine for the taking

Hi Nicole! Hope things are going well for you, we miss you here too. I'm not sure exactly when I moved to calorie counting, it's been kind of gradual. Basically I followed my old plan, but when I wanted carbs, I shifted to calorie counting - and now I've just kind of stayed there. It was probably in February or so.

I just had the most amazing 'whoosh' ever...I lost 4lbs overnight or so it seems, I guess I was holding some water from having a few restaurant meals and likely in my muscles as they were a bit sore, and they whooshed away last night! Good riddance.

Marissa -- Good job sticking to your plan! You're so right, it's just not worth it to cheat sometimes, you end up feeling awful about yourself, you have to re-lose weight you already fought off...that gets frustrating. Mmmm...salad...lol.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:23 AM   #6  
Marissa

so i got on the scale today when i woke up and i had gained like 3lbs overnight. that puts me at 185 again. talk about discouraging... im gonna pretend its water weight because there really isn't a reason for the gain. but i guess ill just have to be extra strict. i even cut out diet sodas... i just dont get it. i dont have a TOM anymore since i have a mirena IUD. so that cant be it could it? oh well... onward march.

Angie: congrats on the whoosh ... looks like i gained it! lol. that is very exciting for you though!

Hope everyone had a wonderful mothers day, my 6yr old made something for me out of cardboard boxes. i say something because i have no idea what it was... lol. it looked like a house with mushrooms on it. i asked my boyfriend what it was and he said that maybe it was a mario house with toad stools standing gaurd. that is kinda what it looked like! lol. it was very sweet none the less. kids are halarious, gotta love them!
Old 05-09-2011, 04:31 AM   #7  
Marissa

testing signature...
Old 05-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #8  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just thought i'd check in for a quick hello. life is crazy busy. the kids have a few weeks of school left too, so that will make it more interesting with other activities going on.
the bday party was good, the cake turned out nice too. i'll have to post a picture.
sorry about your gain, marissa. weight always fluctuates, so i wouldn't worry about it too much. just watch your sodium intake and maybe put some lemon (i like the true lemon packets of crystallized lemon) in your water.
and angie--good to hear about your loss and i love the exercise ticker!

i went to the doc on monday last week for my foot and i ended up getting a steroid shot in my foot, had to take 1 day rest and then was back at it. and so far, so good.

JM--i can't believe it's been 4yrs since your adoption! i remember reading the blogs, talking about you going there and all the things you had to do in order to prepare for the adoption. such a wonderful story and josie is as beautiful as ever!

as for me on the weight loss front, i'm still doing well, tracking on fitday, eating well and doing great workouts. AND....i'm down to 140.0 as of this morning's weigh-in!
i'm also helping my sister, who wants to lose 50lbs before november, which is when her and her DH want to get pregnant again. her little boy is almost 2yrs old and she hasn't been able to get the weight off. so she asked for my help and now i'm kinda like her WL coach! she comes to my house to weigh on my scale, she's calorie counting and i check in with her and make sure she's doing her workouts and i've given her tons of tips and hints and good websites to check out to help her be successful. i'm super excited to help her. (she's not the type to ask for help, so i'm all about it and more than willing to put the time and effort in with her!) i even went as far as making a special cake for her and i on saturday at the bday party.

anyways, just wanted to say hi, check in and see how everyone was coming along. i'll try to get a pic of the cake i made posted too.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #9  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:56 PM   #10  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Oh how I like to come here when I am having a bad day. I just feel like a big blob today. I am almost right back to where I started a few years ago. I need accountability so bad!!!!!
My husband told me to do whatever I need to do to be happy, anotherwards if I want to join a weightlosss program again, I should!!!
I feel like I have all the tools but I am just not using them properly. I am a yoyo dieter and I hate it. If I exercise, I eat and if I dont exercise, I cut back. I cant seem to put things together...agh!!!
Way back in 1992, I was in the Mrs. Calgary pageant and this weekend, I was asked to run again for this next year. My husband was so excited that I was offered this opportunity but I just can't do it the way I have been feeling about myself, it stinks!!!
Not sure what my plan of action is but I know that I am going to start planning my meals for the week again because it makes things easier for me.
Another fresh start......hopefully a successful one.
Take off starts tomorrow!!!!
BTW, Jillian, you amaze me the way you have shed the weight. Its just awesome!
Have a great day.

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:21 PM   #11  
Marissa

Jillian: wtg on the weight loss... you are at goal right? you going to keep going or start maintaining?

so last time i posted i was 185, it apparently was water weight bc i am down 180 today. YAY!

Have you ever had one of those days where you feel like just crying? thats me today. im not completely sure why. Im going through some stuff here recently. I think my fiance is going to try to get emergancy custody of his 2 boys. i am completely ok with, i love his boys and they are with us the majority of the time anyways. his ex wife had the cops called on her on sunday night by her now ex fiance because they had an altercation to where she was being violent. we had to go pick up the boys that night to get them out of the situation. apparently she was throwing beer bottles on the floor and throwing plates in front of them. her ex fiance called CPS today about it. its just scary cuz she is literally crazy. she had called CPS on us several times just to be spiteful. all the cases have been dropped but she really is crazy. she is threating to move away and take the boys with her. she doesn't take care of them and the 5 yr old said that she slaps them for punishment. the 10yr old is scared to death of his mother and denies everything. the 10yr old has said that he wanted to live with us in the past and the 5yr told us today he wanted to live with us. its just alot of crap.

we were supposed to have a get away weekend without any of the kids for the first time in like a year on memorial day weekend but i dunno if that will happen now if we have to hire a lawyer. we were gonna go to a bed and breakfast and just relax but that doesn't seem to be in the cards anymore. im bummed about this. but i understand. im just really feeling the stress of work and the kids and i NEED some private time.

sorry for the long post... i just needed to vent... thanks for listening! lol.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:29 AM   #12  
It's mine for the taking

Jillian -- How exciting to be able to help your sister! You'll be a great coach, she's lucky to have you as a support and resource The Blues Clues cake looks fabulous!

Joan -- Sounds like you haven't found the right motivation for you...the thing that will make you want to stick to your plan. Would it help to list the reasons you want to lose weight...or to make a list of the benefits of losing weight (the ones that motivate you...ie/ new sexy clothes)? I know it's hard to force your head into the right space for losing weight when your heart is just not 100% in it. I hope your fresh start this week went well!

Marissa -- I would be emotional too..that's a lot to have thrown at you all at once. It sounds like the boys would be far better off with you and your fiance than with their mom right now. I hope you do get them and also find a way to relax a bit...maybe you could pack a pinnic and go to a beach or something for a day if not overnight?
Old 05-11-2011, 11:11 AM   #13  
Joan

Marissa- When I got married, my husband had two boys age 3 and 9 from his first marriage. I was an instant Mom! Their Mom was nice but had relationship issues and some medical issues. We had the kids every weekend! At the time, it felt that my DH and I had no time to ourselves and we really didnt. Today, the kids are all grown up. The boys are now 24 and 30. they are awesome kids and I am really close to them. It because I stepped in to be their other Mom. I guess I am saying hang in there! You are doing an awesome thing by taking those boys under your wing. They will appreciate you forever. I can tell you are a good person by what you are doing.
Angie- Started take off yesterday! Today is day two and I am hanging in there. My new thing is everytime I eat something, I need to think about how I am going to feel in 20 minutes after eating it. The weather is beautiful so I have no excuse not to go walking too. I have a friend in the city from High School and I am dreading seeing her because I think she is going to be like wow, has Joan ever put on weight....ohhhhh I am just feeling fat!!!! I need to get over it and get on track.
Have a great day everyone!

Joan
Old 05-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #14  
It's mine for the taking

Joan -- great strategy! I try to do that with exercise, I know after I do it I'm going to feel soooo great. Good luck with Take Off!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:47 AM   #15  
Joan

Lost 3.2 pounds during TO and I feel good about that. Planned a healthy lunch and snacks for work today!!! Gotta keep going................
Have a great day!

Joan