Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 10:10 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Wink Christian Encouragers ~ MAY

Welcome Friends
--------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:35 PM   #2  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ I realized that it was the 1st of May becuz I had to pay our rent tonight; so thought I'd mozy in here and start the new thread too! We've had a busy week. I did come by to read a couple of times, but didn't get to post; PC trouble. On a few other days, my IE kept knocking off on me; they (MS) said it was a techie problem though -- not my ole PC.

HEY BOOTSIE ~ I miss you guys too and coming in here as often as I did before. I was just waiting a bit before I went to see another guy about a new PC; will try again and see what happens. Like Numpster told me when we discussed this -- you have to watch these guys cuz they'll try to sell you something you really don't need. I wish they were more on the up & up instead of the up & take.

HI TRISH ~ nice to see you drop over here again. Always glad to hear from you too! Hope you are doing better and finding a style of eating that helps your health a bit. I'm just keeping to my plan; eating a bit more veggies & salads & lean meats; limiting the starchy carbs a bit more. I am losing inches, but it's slow. I'm not that worried about it; focusing more on better health and hoping the weight thing will resolve itself eventually.

GARY ~ the snow is all gone finally; we had a few short **** falls this past week, but they melted the next day. We had two days of in a row, with temps at 70F all day yesterday: nice! We had rain for a bit today, but that's better than the alternative. Yes, DH is itching to get out to the lot; and now that May is here, we can. Plans are in the works, for sure. Have a great week at work ...

BARGOO ~ hope you're feeling well these days ...

We'll be heading up to "THE LOT" this week; taking up supplies which I picked up this week. Time to get started on that cabin again. The kiddies next door have been quieter this week; seem to be away lately. I keep praying for them that GOD will find them a new purpose in life besides playing games on us. I'm sure your prayers about that have helped a lot, so THANKS!!!

^Sending up prayers^ for JOANNE's SON ~ THE GOOD SHEPHERD can find and bring back any lost sheep; I always pray that prayer for anyone who is lost in the drug & alcohol world. HE helped my brother get off the alcohol for 3+ years now; and we are praying he sticks to the good walk (so far, so good). He needed help & finally got it: counselling & meds for anxiety & depression; surgery to mend a knee that was destroyed on a job accident, plus other health issues. PTL, PTL, PTL -- he is doing well! We are so very grateful for all the faithful prayers of our partners & warriors here!

Hope all our friends here had a lovely day today; we did. Take care and have a wonderful week coming up ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-01-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #3  
Rosebud

BUMP ~ TO THE MONTH OF MAY EVERYONE ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-01-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:02 AM   #4  
Walking by faith

Wink

Just want2behealthy: Thank you for starting this thread, and for the wonderful prayers. God specializes in what the world deems "lost causes" . Praying His blessings on everyone this day!
Old 05-02-2011, 09:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Hey there Rosebud, glad to see you back and praying for your computer. It is like winter here this morning in the 40's ! It was 95 yesterday.Got to go to town will be back later.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:06 AM   #6  
Rosebud

HEY THERE BACK ~ We've had some excellent weather here lately -- and very warm today. Been busy lately too: got some projects on the go which I will fill you in on pretty soon. Going up to "THE LOT" is only one of them; gotta pick up one of our utility trailers while there; check things out, and so on. This is gonna be one busy summer; I can tell.

Did a bit of shopping and got some long premade cushions for one of the couches/beds for a good bargoon today; saved quite a bit of money on it. I was going to buy a futon mattress which costs over $220, but got the nice cushions for only $30 each; now that's a great savings!!! PTL!

JOANNE ~ There's no lost causes in JESUS' book ... remember the Prodigal son story; the Father forgave him and welcomed him home with open arms!

We had company tonight; it's getting late, so time to get some shut-eye. Hope you all have a fantabulous Friday tomorrow; take good care ... Rosebud
Old 05-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 331/270/160

Height: 5' 2"

Default Hello from Ireland

Hi everyone, just discovered this thread! and what a wonderful surprise to come across a Christian related weight-loss forum
I joined this site a while back but didn't really check in at all. I have so much to lose and am 56 years (almost 57) but with God's help I will achieve permanent weight loss for the first time.
I will now include everyone here in my prayers each day xx
Old 05-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #8  

Praise the fires are out in Marfa and Fort Davis and all west Texas is my understanding.
Welcome Moideux hope you stick around . I been out of socket because a-lot of things I just don't understand when you have a change over , went over my my bites or something so had to stay off when I changed over to business. It is all a different kind of language to me understanding this computer wireless usage and rules when you change over in the same company, need to wait and do it on your last billing date I learned the hard way.Oh well life goes on.
My dog Chester who is about 20 years old died Saturday and so did my friend .
I hope Elizabeth and Old Chester are having fun in heaven together.

Rosebud so glad your getting some good weather, wish we could get some much needed rain! Our river is down to a creek and in some places you can walk across.

Well best get going hope all is well with everyone.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #9  
Rosebud

HELLO PEOPLE ~ gee, didn't realize that it's been a week since I posted in here. We've had one busy week; phone calls, meetings, signing papers, etc, etc, etc. We have a deal on the go; pretty well done now, so the lawyers say. Anyone wanna guess what we did? Huh? Let's play 3 GUESSES ...

BOOTSIE ~ Sorry to hear about CHESTER and your friend ELIZABETH, BUT they are both in a wonderful, peaceful, happy place with loads of love and beauty and joy all around them! Prayers for you and all her family at this time ...

We've had lots of and warm temps this week; just today we had a wee sprinkle of but it didn't last long at all. ^PRAYERS^ going up for Texas to get some much-needed rain. PTL indeed that some of those fires are finally out there too.

MOIDEUX ~ so glad that you found us over here. We have a lot of family (on both sides) that hail from that beautiful Emerald Isle. It makes sense that I had sandy red hair with emerald green eyes and the fiesty, yet sweet temperment to go with: a true Irish lass for sure!

My mini-bluebells are already blooming and the tulips are coming up too. I see that some folks have a shorter version of daffodils up early now too. Hope everyone here is well; and that you have a fab Friday tomorrow too ... Rosebud
Old 05-15-2011, 09:24 PM   #10  
Rosebud

HEY THERE ~ WHOA ... where is everybody??? I'm the last poster??? Anywho, we went up to "our lot" on Saturday -- it was freezing up there; nasty wind and we got quite a surprise when we got there. It seems the frost pushed up the ground; I'm not kidding -- about a couple of feet under and all around our camper.

So we found our BBQ upside down and our double lawnchair almost on its side; and the steps the same, so DH decides he has to make news ones which turned into a ramp but never got finished ... and ho-hum ... about 5+ hours later, it still wasn't finished. Finally I said, "OK, that's enuff; we're going home!" I told DH we'll just stay home long enuff for the frost to go back down and then we'll just put the old step my DAD made back in place ... Sounds like a plan to me ... Life's an adventure, isn't it???

Sooooooo .... we got home about 8:30 pm; then had a quick dinner around 9 pm; nothing fancy though (I had super dogs with beans & a coleslaw salad; DH had his like hotdogs/franks, you know; whatever) ... just nice and ez; what can I say? It was one of those days.

Well, I'm so glad that at the last minute I decided to take a couple of books with me to read. I read a book by PAUL REISER called COUPLEHOOD -- how appropriate. I laughed my guts out; it was hilarious. It came out in the mid-90's, so I'm a bit behind, but it was so worth it to read. I finished it off today. I don't think I have ever laughed as hard reading any other book in my life. If you can find a copy of this book at your library or on the net -- GET IT!!!

Ackk, my PC is acting up on me for some reason; so I'm gonna cut this short. All my newly planted trees but one, made it through the winter; and my mini-hyacinths and some tulips were blooming and budding in the stone garden up at "the lot". We had some the last two days but this AM we awoke to 0 Celcius or 32 F, which is freezing ... eeks! Thank goodness, the skies cleared up; so no precip.

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend; take care and drop by sometime and let us know how you're doin' ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-15-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 245/220/190

Height: 5'10"

Well I am new to this site and am really happy to find this thread. I know that weight loss is linked to my weight loss and gain. I am in the process of lossing my last 30 (75) and it has been a battle.
To know that there are others 'out there' that have the same crisis of faith I do is encourageing.
Looking forward to getting to know you and to add you to my prayer list.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:54 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Just a quick one to let y'all know that I haven't left this thread. I'm busy getting ready to leave for TX. My Daddy has eye surgery next Monday and my sister has hip surgery the following Thursday so we are going to be with them and are making a vacation out of it. We will leave for San Antonio after my sister wakes up from surgery and spend a few days there since DH has never been there.

I hope everyone is doing well. I've got me some cans of Slim-fast and a few 100 cal foods that I can use during the trip so I don't have to eat out too much and hopefully be able to stay within my calories. I sure would like to return with a weight loss or at least without a gain.

I'll catch up on everybody when I get back. I pray God's blessing on all of you.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 05-16-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:59 PM   #13  
Rosebud

30toGO ~ nice to have another CANADIAN join us in this thread/forum. Those that have been around here for awhile know that we all have faced similar challenges. If you are living, you will have some; but the LORD can be our strength and our hope; and will be right by our side, helping us and supporting us as we go along. He will never leave us or forsake us; HE is with us always ... that is a promise from His Word/bible (Matthew 28:30).

TRISH ~ sent up prayers for your DAD's and SISTER's surgeries; that all will go well for them, and they will both recover & heal quickly; and have a wonderful trip/holiday in Texas ...

We've had another busy week; our temps were very high here for May -- we got up into the 80's F the last few days. We actually installed our air conditioner today. Last night, we just used a fan to cool things down so we could sleep. The trees and bushes are finally starting to bud their leaves.

Got some shopping done today; so also put in lots of walking today too. Boy, you start out to not spend so much but before you know it, it costs you twice what you had planned. Gas & food costs are going up constantly here; our bread jumped up .30c a loaf just since last week ...

Some of my pretty, two-toned Daffodils are now in full bloom; so lovely. Hope all our friends here are having a Marvellous Month of May; take good care ... Rosebud
Old 05-20-2011, 09:09 AM   #14  

Trish I love to go to San Antonio and that is not very often. There is so much to see and I love the river walk and all the little business's they have there. Every-time I go there it rains and sure need to go back. The last time we was there it rained 5 inches in one night! The hotel flooded and the alarms went off and we walked down stairs , think we were on the 5th floor and we walked back up to for we did not want to get caught in the elevator. Love the zoo , museums one had a great big shark in it, not real but looked real and moved.The Alamo where my Grandfather died . When we were there the Long star Brewer was still operating and it was really neat. Have fun and pray that your Mom and Dad get along alright.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:30 PM   #15  
Rosebud

HEY BOOTSIE ~ SAN ANTONIO sounds like a fun place to visit; but the flooding is not so good. Too bad all that rain wouldn't spread itself around where it is needed most. We had a wee (and I mean 'light') sprinkle here today, but we welcome the cooler temps of 70F instead of 80 F + higher that we've had the last week. Spring & fall, we have what the bible refers to the early & latter rains; we are blessed to have them to help our flowers come up in spring and keep the trees & grass growing after those hot summer months.

My tulips are up and blooming all along our side garden; the early ones, and the taller ones are on their way. The different sizes make it so we have tulips coming up over a longer period than usual; and we have the different kinds of daffodils in there too. I am going to dig them all up with my flowering bushes and transfer them to our next place ...

Speaking of that, since no-one decided to play my game of 3 GUESSES with me, I wanted to share with all our friends here that we bought ourselves a home recently. Most of the paper work is done with a bit more later on for our closing which isn't until the beginning of August, as there were temporary tenants living in the home while the owner tried to sell it (as she had bought another house to live in).

So we would appreciate prayers for the young family -- that they find a nice place for themselves too, as that is a dream for their future as well. We gave them a good referral, and were told that they have found a place already; but for some unknown reason, a few people around us are being extremely negative about this whole matter (why, we don't know) -- so we would appreciate PRAYER about this.

We put a clause in our purchase agreement that the sale doesn't go through until the tenants have vacated the home (and the seller must meet this condition of sale.) The LORD gave me some wonderful scriptures about this whole deal (see Psalm 37:3-5); so we are standing on those promises and TRUSTING THE LORD TO BRING IT TO PASS. You know from the time we approached the bank for a mortgage, arranged for extra funding (for moving, etc), and found a place -- it was less than one month; now if that's not a miracle of GOD, I don't know what is ...

This is a really big dream for us, and we are very excited about it all. My sister, NUMPSTER, and her hubby are going to come up when we move; as is my DAD & stepmother as well (the same month). That will be nice to have them all here to see our new place. DH says he is still having a hard time believing it happened so fast; but when the LORD moves, HE moves! I think it will sink in more when we start moving in.

Meanwhile, we are packing up our boxes; and it is nice to have more time to get ready this time. Plus this gives me a chance to downsize even more as we go along. I still have several boxes already packed that we never opened becuz of lack of space here (pictures & stuff). Our new place has a full basement with lots of room for storage. I will try to download a few pictures for you somehow.

Hope you are all having a nice weekend. I made a homemade bean pot (hearty soup) for dinner, and it's ready to eat now; so time to go for now. Take good care ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-22-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Closed Thread