Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-05-2011, 07:27 PM   #1  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

Default Telling the boyfriend

I have been with my boyfriend for almost 2 1/2 years. I plan on marrying this man but, I have never told him my weight. He has never judged or said anything about my weight. He has loved me fully and completely from the first day we met and has loved me even through my 45lb gain in that last 2 years.

I am fat yet he still loves me, I was so ashamed of it i refused to tell the person that i trusted the most. (maybe it was cuz he is a toothpick himself)

Well last night I reached my goal number 4!

I told him exactly how much i weighed a week ago before I began my new lifestyle and I told him exactly how much i weigh now!

It was so invigorating and uplifting just to divulge this information to him. We had an amazing conversation and we talked all about everything i have been doing. he looked at my notebook and read almost every word of it!

Last night we bridged the gap and i now have no walls up against him. I now am completly an open book to him.

Whats better? he is so proud of me and encouraging!

Thank you so much 3FC for the support!

SW 254
CW249
GW126
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

The truth will set you free, congratulations !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/163/150

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations!! I am in the same boat and it makes me feel better knowing I'm not alone. I just admitted to my husband how much I weighed when I began my weight loss journey. I was so ashamed of having gained so much the last 5 years of being with him. He didn't judge at all and even comments on how much I've lost!
comeasyouare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #4  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations to you!!

I know exactly how you feel, the night before I found this forum I had a similar conversation with my boyfriend. I was lying to myself and therefore lying to him. I came clean, told him how much I weighed and said that I was officially Obese. He was so supportive, said it didn't change anything about the way he feels and it's be so refreshing to share this journey with him.

I wish you all the best! Keep it up =D
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #5  

You are so lucky of having your boyfriend in your life, jessica2231! I had the opposite. My x-bf dumped me because I was not losing weight. He even gave me a deadline to lose weight. But since I could not, he broke up with me. I was a failure but not now because finally, I have decided to buy weight loss pill that will help me with the boost I need.

Congrats! It makes me believe that there is someone out there who is willing to love a person no matter what her weight is.

Do I hear wedding bells anytime soon?

Last edited by Soon2beSEXY; 04-16-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Soon2beSEXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/243.2/175

Height: 5'2

Ive been married for 14 years and my husband and i have only had one conversation about my weight. He has never once been negative--he simply told me that he's worried about me. you would think that would be enough to make me try to lose but that was 4 years ago.

When I got in a car accident a year ago I got to see how much I had actually gained because I couldn't avoid the scales in the ER or doctor office. I was upset about it but would never tell my husband the number. I started dieting and was excited about my weight loss and my husband said something about me not being able to share that with him and how it wouldn't change anything.

so that day I sat down and wrote out all my feelings about my weight--my struggles and how much i needed his support and I shared the number. It DID change our relationship. Now i feel like there are no secrets and I feel a sense of freedom from that.
myhaloisintheshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #7  
HijabiMommaBear

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
The truth will set you free, congratulations !
thank you it completly set me free and now were completly in it together!
Old 05-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #8  
HijabiMommaBear

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeasyouare View Post
Congratulations!! I am in the same boat and it makes me feel better knowing I'm not alone. I just admitted to my husband how much I weighed when I began my weight loss journey. I was so ashamed of having gained so much the last 5 years of being with him. He didn't judge at all and even comments on how much I've lost!
It feels amazing knowing we now have no secrets. Thank you for the support comeasyouare!
Old 05-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #9  
HijabiMommaBear

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
Congratulations to you!!

I know exactly how you feel, the night before I found this forum I had a similar conversation with my boyfriend. I was lying to myself and therefore lying to him. I came clean, told him how much I weighed and said that I was officially Obese. He was so supportive, said it didn't change anything about the way he feels and it's be so refreshing to share this journey with him.

I wish you all the best! Keep it up =D
Congratulations to you to! I couldnt beleive how good i felt to admit it to him and my self that i was obese and im going to fix it!
thank you for your support Riestrella!!!
Old 05-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #10  
HijabiMommaBear

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2beSEXY View Post
You are so lucky of having your boyfriend in your life, jessica2231! I had the opposite. My x-bf dumped me because I was not losing weight. He even gave me a deadline to lose weight. But since I could not, he broke up with me. I was a failure but not now because finally, I have decided to buy weight loss pill that will help me with the boost I need.

Congrats! It makes me believe that there is someone out there who is willing to love a person no matter what her weight is.

Do I hear wedding bells anytime soon?
There definetly are people who are genuine and see past looks. I know you will find someone that deserves you! thank you for your support soon2besexy!!!
Old 05-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #11  
HijabiMommaBear

Talking

There definetly are people who are genuine and see past looks. I know you will find someone that deserves you! thank you for your support soon2besexy!!!
Old 05-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #12  
HijabiMommaBear

Myhaloisintheshop OMG! i know exactly what you mean no secrets and freedom and support is exactly how i feel. he even told me that now he is able to be here for me and congradulate me on my way through this journey and help me to!
thank you for your support!
Old 05-06-2011, 12:48 PM   #13  
Fat Chick on a Mission

S/C/G: 216/ticker/150

Height: 5ft 3in

You're very blessed to have such a supportive boyfriend...he sounds like a keeper!

I still haven't told my hubby how high I hit this time, but he does try to cheer me on when we talk about how much I've lost. I was just thinking about this yesterday-when I eventually get to goal how can he not know how big I was when I say I've lost that much? Unfortunately he knows how to add/subtract and it will be obvious whether I admit it or not.
dragonlady1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/237/145

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeasyouare View Post
That's great! I'm still scared to tell my husband. He is very fit and very active and has an amazing body. Although I was 50lbs lighter when we first started dating, I was NEVER in great shape. I think after I reach my goal I will tell him. Until then, I'm just embarrassed. =(
lmstrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #15  
TX Fat Chick

S/C/G: 258/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmstrain View Post
That's great! I'm still scared to tell my husband. He is very fit and very active and has an amazing body. Although I was 50lbs lighter when we first started dating, I was NEVER in great shape. I think after I reach my goal I will tell him. Until then, I'm just embarrassed. =(
I'm in the exact same boat. BF is 6' and 160.... i just can't tell him that I outweighed him by 90 lbs!
melissakd is offline   Reply With Quote