Old 05-05-2011, 04:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192.2/170/150

Height: 5'3''

Default Doing it on my own???

Hi Everyone! I'm in my 7th week of IP and have lost 20lbs!!! It's so exciting to see it fall off. My problem is I'm seriously going broke trying to afford the packets. Last night I was talking my sister who is in a different state. She doesn't have an IP clinic anywhere near her so I was helping her find the food online. I was so shocked! Right now I'm paying $4.05 per packet plus all the price of the fresh produce. I could be buying the EXACT same packets online for only $1.70!!! We really don't have any extra money but were trying to do this for because I know my health is important. Now I find out it could be 1/3 of the cost.
Do you think it's possible to do this diet just as well on your own?
angelonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:33 PM   #2  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

There are a lot of people that use alternative products and have success. I do buy from my clinic but supplement from time to time with alternative products. I am phasing off right now, but when I start phase I somewhere around fall I plan on doing it own my own for about 1/3 of the cost. Good Luck to you.
ginBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/170/170

Height: 5'7"

I am doing this on my own. I haven't even stepped into an IP clinic. I have reasearched enough to understand the process. GL with whatever you decide.
LeaArr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

I agree. I use alternative products from my area and I order from Nashua Nutrition and I feel like I'm doing OK. Beyond the products, do you feel like you need to see someone in person for accountability?
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:54 PM   #5  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

I have done it successfully on my own....you have to be motivated and educated. READ. Read. read. Know everything, and if you don't know it, ask. Truly these 3FC folks are the best darn coaches you will find. Just make sure you stay motivated. Many a "dieter" have tried IP...but remember, this is not a diet, it is a way of life! Good luck!
wyoangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 192.2/170/150

Height: 5'3''

Thanks for the quick resonses! I have been on this site since week 2 and honestly have learned more here then from my "coach". I also am one of those people who are obessed with weighing. I have my own scale that I know is 2 lbs off but I do keep track so I know what the loss will be every week anyway. I also have a friend that's doing it with me. With the money difference, I really can't think of a reason to stay at the clinic.
Thanks guys! You're right Wyoangel. The great people on this site are the best coaches!
angelonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/172/158

Height: 5'6"

I had a relative do the IP program and they lost a lot of weight...they look amazing. I researched and found out quickly that I could not afford the online products (350-400/mo) nor could I afford to take time off work each week to go to a clinic to weigh in. My employer just let 550 people go, and I really need my job. I have lost 7 lbs. in 9 days. I am feeling so much better both physically and emotionally. Good luck. YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO.
HoustonMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
I agree. I use alternative products from my area and I order from Nashua Nutrition and I feel like I'm doing OK. Beyond the products, do you feel like you need to see someone in person for accountability?
Which of the product lines that they carry are the closest to IP?
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:09 PM   #9  
Started IP May 1, 2011

S/C/G: 200/186/140

Height: 5'4"

MOvingon: What products do you buy from Nashua? Are there any particularly good or that follow IP program well?
SamanthaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:27 PM   #10  

I started IP in the fall, but quickly found the cost very high and other things my family enjoys would have to go if I continued....but I didn't want to quit the IP concept and protocol, so ventured out with my brain, food labels, THIS WEBSITE, and lots of research! I order from Nashua as well. I love the puddings, the shakes, the soy puffs and the bars. I get Premier Nutrition shakes (RTD) from Costco and they're awesome! I buy Pure Protein bars when I can find them. I am constantly on the look out for a new great bar or shake, and read food labels constantly! Print off the spreadsheets found on the alternatives thread and you'll find lots of alternatives to the IP packets, but use the IP concept. Good luck!
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:06 AM   #11  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

There is nothing special about an IP packet dispite the marketing claims. You can definately do it on your own. You could even look into an alternative program that in my opinion is much better. The IP diet is just one form on a PSMF. Another version I think is better is Lyle Mcdonalds Rapid Fat Loss.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:27 AM   #12  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaF View Post
MOvingon: What products do you buy from Nashua? Are there any particularly good or that follow IP program well?

I also order from Nashua Nutrition. Even with shipping to Canada (shipping is free in the US on orders over $99), exchange rate AND duty, it works out to $12.50 a box for me. On their site, I order from the ProtiDiet (love their liquid concentrate juices... nice change from powder), Healthsmart (LOVE LOVE LOVE their mint hot chocolate!!), Protein Wealth and ProtiThin (the bars and soy puffs are the exact same as IP, even down to the same packaging!)

Just be careful because some of the items within these categories have a lot of carbs so they would be considered off protocol. I have a friend I order for as well and she loves the maple oatmeal. I believe it's under the Healthsmart section.

I have been ordering from there for a long time as well as using the Premier Nutrition Protein RTD shakes from costco. Really helps keep my costs down. Costs me about $35 a week. Almost like getting three weeks for the price of one!

UPDATE: I no longer have the list. Sorry. The alternatives thread is great!!

Good luck!! I have typed a list of the items on nashua nutrition's site that I have checked and are the most comparable to IP for my friend if you would be interested in it.

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 10-29-2013 at 04:08 PM.
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:30 AM   #13  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Also, my Mom and two sisters have been following the IP protocol but only using these alternative products and have done great. My mom has lost over 40 lbs already!!
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:14 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
I also order from Nashua Nutrition. Even with shipping to Canada (shipping is free in the US on orders over $99), exchange rate AND duty, it works out to $12.50 a box for me. On their site, I order from the ProtiDiet (love their liquid concentrate juices... nice change from powder), Healthsmart (LOVE LOVE LOVE their mint hot chocolate!!), Protein Wealth and ProtiThin (the bars and soy puffs are the exact same as IP, even down to the same packaging!)

Just be careful because some of the items within these categories have a lot of carbs so they would be considered off protocol. I have a friend I order for as well and she loves the maple oatmeal. I believe it's under the Healthsmart section.

I have been ordering from there for a long time as well as using the Premier Nutrition Protein RTD shakes from costco. Really helps keep my costs down. Costs me about $35 a week. Almost like getting three weeks for the price of one!

Good luck!! I have typed a list of the items on nashua nutrition's site that I have checked and are the most comparable to IP for my friend if you would be interested in it.
Yup to everything she said.
I use the Premiere RTDs, I also buy Detour bars at Costco- which are too yummy, I might add. I buy all of the ProtiThin soy snacks from Nashua- exect for regular soy nuts which can be bought nearly anywhere. I order the ProtiDiet chocolate pudding, chicken noodle soup, and mushroom soup, as well as plain pancakes and I should be getting my first box of oatmeal from them today...
I eat 1 whole egg + 2 egg whites 6/7 mornings for breakfast and use the pancakes for a weekend treat. I spend about $100 every 3 weeks on special food, but it's a lot less expensive than the real IP and I'm happy with my loss so far.
There are some great spreadsheets for comparison of different products. I just copied the IP product info sheet and find items as close to those as possible. Nothing has over 18g of carbs (which are restricted to 1 per day) and be careful with the sugar subs in the ingredient lists.
The alternative products thread has an immense amount of info! I know it's an overwhelming read, but it's worth going through if you haven't yet.
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #15  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post

Hi ShrinkingSusie! I too use the Premier shakes from Costco. I love 'em! They're also 30 grams of protein, which I think is wonderful.

I am not familiar with the products from Nashua Nutrition and would appreciate a copy. Do you know if it's permissable to upload a copy to this group? I'm not sure how to send you my email address.
BROWNEYES47 is offline   Reply With Quote