Old 05-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #1  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

Cool Diet soda challenge

So who's in??

I have been struggling with my diet soda consumption and thought maybe it's time to wean off it/ stop drinking it...

Today is day three and it is so hard, so i thought maybe if other ppl are interested, please feel to join in. Feel free to post, offer tips/ advice, concerns, struggles and together we can beat this...
Afterall water is better
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #2  
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey girl hey!!

So I struggled with this for the longest time.. I had to ween off, I couldnt stop cold turkey!! I started only allowing myself ONE diet soda a day, and I could chose when I would have it.. breakfast, lunch, or dinner. But once I had it, I was done! I allowed myself this until a 24 pack of diet coke was gone. And then I wasnt allowed to have it in the house.

I did however, find a soda made of all natural ingredients inculding stevia rather than aspartame. It is 0 calorie and all natural. If I MUST have a soda, I have one of those instead. You can find it in Whole Foods and other "organic tree-hugger" stores! It has helped a ton with my "eating clean" diet!

Seriously, the soda addiction is all mental! As soon as you kick it, you will be so happy you did!
WendeeLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #3  
Chronic Pain Fighter

Wendeelou: thanks yeah I hear ya, I did get off soda for abt 6 months n the started drinking it when I got sick n has been downhill since then... So back to business lol
Old 05-03-2011, 01:55 PM   #4  

Haven't had any diet soda for a long time. I use to drink it all the time. I think it's been a couple of years now since my last one. I switched over to flavored water (Fruit 2 0). The bottle says no carbs, no calories...also iced tea with splenda. Watch this video. It might help you to choose wisely the foods you eat and drink. Good luck! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
hatgirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/206/140

Height: 5'5''

I gave up soda for Lent, and started drinking it again now that Lent is over. I think I need to bargain with myself. I love soda, so maybe I can have a diet coke on Friday and Saturday nights? I don't like to cut things out entirely, because then when I have them again, I feel like I failed, and then I fall off the wagon entirely.
hobbes11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

I think making them a scheduled treat is definitely a good idea. I like that.

I need to work on this again I didn't have them for a while but its getting out of hand again. Water is good, water is beautiful I need to drink MORE water.

I will start tomorrow since I just had one tonight before reading this.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:26 AM   #7  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

I allow myself 2 8 ounce cokes (not diet) a week after giving mine up for Lent. Honestly, I don't miss it.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/144/125

Height: 5'5"

I'll join you! I used to drink A LOT of diet coke- I'm down to between one and two a day that I just can't seem to kick. One thing I did today was have half of a can in the morning and anytime I've wanted more, I've drank green tea instead (plus I drink lots of water anyway). It seems to be working since I still have the other half. I'm hoping my 2 tea bags with 2 splenda is at least a little better for me haha.

Between hubby and I, we easily go through a 12 pack a day of diet coke (well, when I was drinking more of it anyways).
Kendrab1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:30 PM   #9  
Chronic Pain Fighter

yeah its been hard esp with the weather....cold turkey not happening...i like how you share it between you and your husband...
Old 05-14-2011, 06:52 PM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ximena View Post
What's wrong with diet sodas?

I just purchased carbonated 0 calorie lemonade-strawberry drink and it has help me fight off the desire to binge.
Nothing technically. That being said...

It's a personal thing. Some people like using diet soda as a way to ween themselves off of regular full-sugar sodas.

However, others find that diet sodas are just tempting them to eating more or just aren't as healthy for them. And weening themselves off drinking diet sodas can lead to drinking more water, etc.

If diet sodas are helping you, more power to you!

These folks here just want to do it differently. There's nothing wrong with either choice!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #11  
*Buttercup*

S/C/G: 342/208/145

Height: 5'5''

There has been studies that aspartame (the sugar replacement they use in most diet drinks) can cause hunger, headaches, and other serious health issues.

That being said diet coke, unfortunately, is my favorite soda. Along side with Dr. Pepper, of course.

I had stopped drinking soda all together for 2 years, then when I started dating and going out, sharing beverages, and such.. that got harder. I'm recently back to it though. Luckily for me I actually do enjoy water, so it isn't so bad for me. Although I do feel like sometimes "healthy" meals are so much better with a nice cold diet coke

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendeeLou View Post
I did however, find a soda made of all natural ingredients inculding stevia rather than aspartame. It is 0 calorie and all natural. If I MUST have a soda, I have one of those instead. You can find it in Whole Foods and other "organic tree-hugger" stores! It has helped a ton with my "eating clean" diet!
What is it called?
mypinkpolkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #12  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 195/158/130

Height: 5'3"

I need to kick my soda habit sooo bad. I have been good about not keeping in my house, but had bought a 12 pack for company helping me with home demo and have drank pretty much them all to myself. I'm on break from school and the kitchen is getting it's overhaul next and all bad things are going in the trash! Here's to hoping for less soda and refined sugar in my diet!
OnlyWomanInTheHouse is offline   Reply With Quote