Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default May Thread

Hope everyone has a great month!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 10:24 AM   #2  

It's hard to believe we're already in May .. mid-June was my goal month .. guess I need to rethink that already!

Happy Monday everyone! I pray you all have wonderful weigh ins today!
Old 05-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #3  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Can't believe it's May and 45 degrees!! Brrrr! I actually had to turn my heater back on this weekend.

And with all the rain we've received the last couple of weeks - I BETTER see some May Flowers pretty darn quick!

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 05-02-2011, 12:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

Here is to a great May! I have a super busy month....

Mother's Day weekend (hosting both our moms at our house for the weekend)
Graduation from Grad School
Additional Zumba training in Dallas (getting certified to teach Zumbatomic- Zumba for kids)
then moving the next weekend.

CRRRAZY busy month! Bring it on!
Old 05-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Thumbs up

It's been a rainy, dreary April in Indiana.

It's cool and drippy outside now and I have errands to run. I'm really not in the mood.

Totally went of plan for the royal wedding. Had a celebration here that included chocolate biscuits, scones, tea, champagne, etc. No matter what my scale says tomorrow it was totally worth it.

I just have prom to worry about this weekend and teaching an ENCARE class to high schoolers.

Other than that going to focus on my health plan. I may even decide to cook some things besides chicken breasts and steamed vegetables.

I'm hoping for big losses for all of us.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:04 PM   #6  

May is starting out great for me. Weighed in at lunch and down another 1.5 pounds! This is the weight I was at when I totally gave up last year. I'm nowhere near that place in my mind right now. 7.5 pounds to go until pre-pregnancy weight is gone!
Old 05-02-2011, 02:10 PM   #7  
Started March 26, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
May is starting out great for me. Weighed in at lunch and down another 1.5 pounds! This is the weight I was at when I totally gave up last year. I'm nowhere near that place in my mind right now. 7.5 pounds to go until pre-pregnancy weight is gone!
Way to Go!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #8  
Janett41

S/C/G: 263/256/192

Height: 5'6"

Red face Well, I'm back.

Hi everyone,

I come before you with my head hung in shame. A little over two years ago I'd lost 40 lbs, felt like a million dollars and was well on my way to my goal weight.
I LOVED MRC, but my downfall started when I went on vacation. The biggest issue I'd faced the whole time with MRC, was that there was not a center near me in my state, and I'd had to do my counseling by email and have my supplies mailed to me. So, when I got back from my vacation, I not only fell off the wagon, I tumbled off so hard, I'm sure you guys felt it wherever you live.

So.. here I am, those 40 are back plus around 20 more to keep them company.
I've tried several programs in the last couple of years, Weight Watchers, Nutrisystem, and I'd just bought the 17-day diet book. I don't have to tell you what kind of results I've had from them.
Then...Oh Joyous day! Yesterday I learned that we now have an MRC center here in Little Rock!! I am sooo excited and sooo ready!
I have an appt in around an hour to rejoin the program, and I wanted to come on here and admit my shame to you guys, and see if you'll have a black sheep, a prodigal daughter back in your midst?

I have missed the loving support of everyone on the site and I hope and pray ya'll are doing great!
Old 05-02-2011, 02:26 PM   #9  
Started program June 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by janett41 View Post
Hi everyone,

I come before you with my head hung in shame. A little over two years ago I'd lost 40 lbs, felt like a million dollars and was well on my way to my goal weight.
I LOVED MRC, but my downfall started when I went on vacation. The biggest issue I'd faced the whole time with MRC, was that there was not a center near me in my state, and I'd had to do my counseling by email and have my supplies mailed to me. So, when I got back from my vacation, I not only fell off the wagon, I tumbled off so hard, I'm sure you guys felt it wherever you live.

I've tried several programs in the last couple of years, Weight Watchers, Nutrisystem, and I'd just bought the 17-day diet book. I don't have to tell you what kind of results I've had from them.
Then...Oh Joyous day! Yesterday I learned that we now have an MRC center here in Little Rock!! I am sooo excited and sooo ready!
I have an appt in around an hour to rejoin the program, and I wanted to come on here and admit my shame to you guys, and see if you'll have a black sheep, a prodigal daughter back in your midst?

I have missed the loving support of everyone on the site and I hope and pray ya'll are doing great!
Welcome back. I wish you the best of luck and come back often for lots of support!
Old 05-02-2011, 02:26 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6''

Janett - I'm a prodigal too...and i've put on way more than 40lbs. Sigh. But, I'm taking control today. I've been OP since breakfast...even getting the water in. I've seen too many pictures of myself recently that have made me cringe and I wanna get back to a place where I like what I look like. Don't get me wrong...I love me, but I know I can do better...so I'm gonna....again. Try, try again, right?
Old 05-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #11  
Started March 26, 2011

Quote:

I say - what happens in the past.. stays in the past. So happy they have a center down in Little Rock for you! Not sure I would be able to handle it without my center and only through emails.

Good luck with your appointment! We'll be here for you every step of the way!
Old 05-02-2011, 02:38 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Day, Jen!! It's all in the mind, isn't it?

janet, I remember you! I quit 13 pounds before goal two years ago and gained back the weight and then some. There are a lot of us who are on our second try. We can do this.

I'm so glad you're back!
Old 05-02-2011, 02:40 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

Yea May!
I was so excited to get some professional pics done Saturday, since I don't have any photos of me since I lost 33.5 pounds. I've seen a couple of the pics (will be checking out the rest this evening) and I don't see any difference But, I had a blast! I figure these last 10 pounds that I need to lose are going to be the ones that really make a difference. I mean, I've only gone down just over one pant size, but I'm thinking that I may drop a full pant size with just 10 pounds off from where I am now. Anyone else have this issue?
I've been going through my spring clothes (capris and stuff) and everything's too baggy! Woohoo! I'm hosting a clothing swap in just over a week, so hopefully I'll snag some new-to-me stuff and my friends can take my old things. So excited!

Is everyone getting a garden out for some delicious home-grown produce? My garden is tilled, but nothing's been planted because of the rain. But, I can't wait for some tomatoes, cabbage, lettuce, eggplants, and green beans. Now, if I could just find some horseradish plants, I'd be all set

Happy May to each of you gorgeous women!
Old 05-02-2011, 02:49 PM   #14  

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Welcome back!!! Just remember, you CAN do this!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
Happy Day, Jen!! It's all in the mind, isn't it?

janet, I remember you! I quit 13 pounds before goal two years ago and gained back the weight and then some. There are a lot of us who are on our second try. We can do this.

I'm so glad you're back!
It really is amazing how much of this is mental. The trick is, learning how to deal with it. Wanting food and needing food are two totally different things.

momoffour-congrats on signing the 30 lb board!!! I finally made it there too. It just goes to show, if we stick with it, it will happen!

Rzrbackcandi-way to go on the 40 lb board--esp while traveling, that is awesome! 6 lbs-WOW. Thats your reward for passing on all that candy in your face!

Teacherlady-you look beautiful. That color looks really good on you!

Patzi-thanks for the recipes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgirl1 View Post
I went to food class today!!! It was very interesting. I was able to get the starter pack with the MVI and trace minerals, cookbook, bag, shaker bottle and 5 supplements for $99. Then if you wanted more you could get 5 for $45. I took that opportunity to get 5 more. I am so excited. I offically started Wednesday and I have already lost 4 pounds on preconditioning!! I am going to officially start the beige menu tomorrow. I hope I can make it thru. I have to work tomorrow from 9 to 7. But thanks to Rzrbackcandi - I have a near tool to keep up with my food.
Great job on the weight loss! Love the shaker bottle...its magic lol! You can do it...just be prepared. I have to do 12 hour shifts on the weekend and I just have to make sure I prepare everything I need in advance.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:21 PM   #15  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back, Janett41!

Hopefully having a center in town, along with this forum, will help you get back to where you were and keep you there!
Closed Thread