Old 05-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #1  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Default Accountability, Menus, Plans, Exercise, Stuff.......May 2011

Here is a place where you can put down your daily plans and intentions, menu, exercises, have accountability and more!

Come on in, we are a friendly bunch! (Seriously, feel free to join in!)
Old 05-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #2  
mj5

Zumba was awesome today! I was sweating up a storm by the end

lottie--I just made a May thread...totally forgot today was the first!

jab--Yea for a day in the sunshine!

noussa--Welcome!! Glad to have you!

Have a great evening everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:53 AM   #3  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Had a good day, went grocery shopping, only forgot two things that I can pick up up the street.

Got the pepperjack daiya which I'm SO excited to try!

Came home and hung out with a friend and then did yoga for 30 mins, did c25k week four day 3 today as well.

Overall, good day.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:01 AM   #4  
mj5

Good Morning! Despite all the stress last week, I am down 2lbs! I am super thrilled. I would have been happy to maintain this week, seriously!

Not much planned for today...I have the day off, just my appt later, if they can still see me...my period started this morning. UGH, a week early. Awesome. I may have to reschedule because of one of the tests, but whatever. I'll call as soon as the office opens.

Of course, my gym workout at some point today.

I might run over to the outlet mall, might not....we'll see.

Have a great day everone!
Old 05-02-2011, 07:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Mj5~ Congrats on the weight !! Good luck with your appt today!!!

Lottie ~ you'll have to give a report on the pepperjack.

Back to work today, those 2-days off went by really fast..lol. I meant to weigh in this morning but got carried away and by the time I remembered I had already guzzled 2 mugs of tea

Hope everyone has a GREAT day op!!!!!!!!!
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 276/276/150

Height: 5'

Hi Guys,
I have had a heck of a time lately with stress. I have not told any of you but I'm losing my house/foreclosure in July. I am very sad about this but can't do anything about it. It makes me feel just so sick and I've been having lots of migraines. So, I've been overwhelmed with downsizing etc. We might move in with my parents and just put all of our stuff in storage until we figure out what we are going to do. My parents said we will always have a place with them so that gives me comfort. THEN this last week my youngest has had a bad cold with high fever; he starting to get better. AND to top that all off, my car check engine light came on last Wednesday and it's making a strange grinding noise so I think my transmission is going out. I have been walking my youngest to school back and forth (so 40 minutes walking a day) forced exercise.
When I get back from walking my son to Kindergarten I'm going to have my car towed to the dealership to do diagnostic. They said it's $95 and then if I have the work done there they will apply that to the bill. If it's transmission, there goes thousands of dollars I need my car though. This last week has been very hard. I'm lucky I have very helpful family so my Mom did my grocery shopping for me on Friday, and she will be coming here this morning early to stay with my youngest so I don't have to take him out in the rain to get my other one to school.
I need to get back to posting though for accountability. I need to make the time for my health.
mikeysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:23 AM   #7  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I had a light day yesterday as I knew I was having a birthday lunch with a friend today and a piece of cake.

Br - cheerios & nana, coffee
Lu - going to a bit of a greasy spoon, plan on getting a plain burger/side salad
sn - back to the office for a piece of chocolate cake!
din - cold quinoa chicken mediterranean salad

Last edited by Trazey34; 05-02-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #8  
Getting started

S/C/G: 260/tricker/159

Height: 5' 7''

I am joining in again. Must keep track of my exercise and also calorie intake. There is no way around it. *sigh*

So, new rules for me:
  • one for every day with excercise
  • one for every day below 1500 kcal

1 - N/A
2 - calories: no idea ; exercise: gym day (pilates 65 mins)
3 - calories: 1500+ ; exercise: gym day (dance 55 mins)
4 - calories: 1500+ but more healthy than yesterday, still ; exercise: gym day (zumba 60 mins)
5 - calories: 1500+ must do instead of trying lol ; exercise: gym day (pilates 75 mins)
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -
16 -
will go on when I get there.

Happy accountability to all!

Last edited by Lizz; 05-05-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Lizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:19 PM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hello All! Mind if I jump in here?

A couple of months ago I made a 1 year commitment to stay on plan (1800 calories or less) every day. So far I have managed 9 weeks, starting on my 10th. Things are going pretty well. However, baseball season just started and my 10 year old has games at all times. This makes meal planning more of a challenge. Not impossible, but I need to stay on my toes so that we don't eat fast food or have a concession stand dinner!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #10  
mj5

Hi! Hope you all had a great day!

jab--I'm with you...weekends go way too fast!

mikeysmommy--Wow. That's a lot for anyone. I am sorry about the migraines too, they are horrible without all the other stuff. You will get through this, one way or another. You are right, you need to make the time for your health.

Trazey--good for you for planning ahead! Mmm, chocolate cake!

Lizz--Welcome back!

Sandi--Welcome! What a great commitment! Yea, planning will be key. Those sports schedules can be tough!!

So my appointment was super fun......the test was incredibly painful because they found a fibroid (or something else...they won't know until the biopsy comes back). Bottom line, I do have to have surgery, but it will be the laparoscopic surgery. So, it is scheduled for June 16th.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 276/276/150

Height: 5'

mj5- I'm sorry that your biopsy was so painful.
Sandi - Good job on staying focused on your 1800 calories or less a day for the last 9 weeks! I can imagine that is going to be a tough one being around the concession stands. Can you bring a small cooler with some healthier options?
Lizz - I like the smiley face chart. Good visual!
So, got my car back and it was only $311.00 to fix it! So much better than my original thoughts of "my transmission is failing, there goes $3000). They cleared the check engine light code, did oil change, air filter, transmission fluid change, and replaced belt. No more strange noises when driving, since the belt was replaced. So glad that was not transmission noise! Phew.....I'm glad to have my car back. Having two small children and no "voom voom" as my youngest calls it, for 6 days was really hard.
mikeysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:04 PM   #12  
unabashed

the pepperjack was great! Nice and spicy.

As with all daiya, you want to melt it, not eat it cold/raw. icksome.

Today I went for a walk with my bf, we walked for 40 mins at about 17 mins a mile or so. He couldn't keep up wiht ME! The guy who always complained about how slow I walked!

mwahahahahha!

I told him not to forget it!

I'm gonna do some yoga before bed, and maybe hop on the bike. I"m flaring from the walk I think, but the other stuff might help to stretch me out.

I was described by a friend as 'active' today.

Who would've thunk it.

:P
Old 05-03-2011, 01:17 AM   #13  
~Getting My Groove Back!

S/C/G: 297/276/260

Height: 5'6

Hi Everyone! I am so happy to be learning so much about each and every one of you! Looking forward to getting to know you all!
I have something to share! Yesterday I went to the gym and it was PACKED! so instead of just going home, I went out and walked for an hour! Felt good! Also, for the first time in a long time, I was very careful with whatever I put in my mouth and actually ignored being peckish at night!
These positive steps are giving me the confidence I need to stay motivated!
Hope this motivation lasts! and it's nice to know this group is so supportive!
Hope we all have a great day!
noussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:39 AM   #14  
unabashed

noussa, sounds like you had a great day!

mj5: hope everying is okay, will keep you in my thoughts.

mikeysmommy: I get migraines too sometimes. They are killer. Sometimes it feels like taking a power drill to my skull might be preferable.

Lizz/Sandi: Welcome!

I didn't do the bike, but I did walk today and do 30 mins of weight loss yoga with the biggest lose dvd. wow, I love that stuff. My legs stopped flaring.

woooo!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:22 AM   #15  
mj5

Good Morning! Back to work today after my mini vacation....now the countdown is on for our trip to Boston at the end of the month! I can't wait!!! All the big stuff is booked...dogs at the kennel, hotel room, and Fenway tickets. The rest we'll just figure out as we go. Except for food...I am going to do my best to plan, so I don't fall back into old, bad habits. I know we will pack snacks/water to have in the car.

mikeysmommy--What a great surprise about the car!!! Congrats!

lottie--You go, girl!!! So glad the workouts are helping w/ your soreness. I know, right?! I actually asked my dr how long I would have to take a break from working out after my procedure. He was thrilled that I even asked! The best news is, I probably will only have to lay low for a couple of days.

noussa--That is AWESOME!!!! Keep building on it and you will find your motivation grows and grows....great job!!

Hi to everyone else!!!

Have a fantastic day!