Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 04-30-2011, 06:24 PM   #1  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Talking Had my sweet baby... BOY! And a csection AND pneumonia!

Well it's been awhile since I posted- wasn't very motivated to the last couple weeks of my pregnancy. Our sweet baby is here- and surprise, he's all boy!!! 5 ultrasounds later, 3 of them 3D/4D, they all said girl. Anyways he's gorgeous and we love him! After 18 hours of labor I had a truly emergency c-section after his heart rate was decelling dramatically during contractions, it turned out he was brow presentation and had the cord around his neck. So even at 9cm, he was still at -1 station, there was just no way he was coming out that way!

After being home a few days I went back to the ER last Tuesday for chest pain and was admitted for pneumonia and pleurisy!!! I stayed till Saturday even though the doc wanted me to stay at least through Sunday. I had to get home though, I missed my older son sooo much! I am very much still recovering, and though the fluid is still there it's at least not getting worse and hopefully will go away over the next several weeks.

So now the weight, especially IV weight, is coming off. Here's the last 2 weeks in numbers:

Pre-preg weight: 235
4/1: 39 weeks preg & 243 pounds
4/11: day of induction, walked in at 247. Counting that last 4 pounds of gain as water weight since I finally swelled up and spent the whole week throwing up.
4/15: Discharged from hospital, 250!! Stupid meds and IV fluids
4/19: Admitted to hospital 241
4/22: Walking halls of hossy 242
4/23: Discharged 236!!
4/24: Home, 233
4/25: Home, 228
4/26: Home, 223
4/29: Home, 221

So I'm very glad it's finally coming off. There's no way I did anything but lose the last 2.5 weeks, I've been so sick. Just wanted to share my post-section, post-pneumonia and pleurisy weight loss with you guys. I didn't realize retaining that much fluid was normal, but after I came home from my section I was sooo swollen!!!

We still have people bringing us food through next week, so I'm planning on just "going with it" until after next week. Then the plan is to try and eliminate the "white" processed foods from my diet as much as possible. I am not pushing working out because I still can't walk on a flat surface without getting winded after 5 minutes, but I plan on returning by 6 weeks post-partum still.

A bad case of pneumonia was not my plan... but I'll go with it and make the best of the situation anyway!
PacSunMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:26 PM   #2  
Baby bump to hot mama!

I guess what good is an "I had my baby" post without pictures...? LOL!

Ah crap... still can't post them yet. 9 more posts!
Old 04-30-2011, 08:47 PM   #3  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quick! Post 9 things in a row on this thread!

Congratulations on your new little guy! What's his name?

Man, it sounds like you had a tough birth and week immediately following. I'm so glad you're through that now.

Can't wait to see pictures!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:16 PM   #4  
Baby bump to hot mama!

Thank you! I'll go post around real quick and put up a photo or two! We are so in love. His name is Dean Allen and he is a big boy! At 2.5 weeks old, he's almost 10 pounds! Logan was the same way though, I guess I just make chunky babies!

The birth was good, I'll be posting a birth story on my blog. It just got scary REALLY fast, after 18 hours of practically zen-birth, even in a hospital, and then ended really scary. To be honest, I'm not disappointed, but it was overwhelming and then to be told he's a boy! LOL!
Old 04-30-2011, 09:56 PM   #5  
Baby bump to hot mama!

So I will finally have a chance to take D's photos tomorrow officially. I've just been so sick, so finally I have the chance tomorrow and I will drink 6 cups of coffee if need be to find the energy! Anyways here is one I snapped in the hospital at 2 days old!

This is from 4 days old We checked out of the hospital the first time with him weighing 8 pounds, 5 ounces. His birth weight is still up for debate- the pedi weighed him with the blanket at 10 pounds, 1 ounce... but at 24 hours old he was 8 pounds 3 ounces and there's no way Mr. Clusterfeeder lost 2 pounds that first day!

And last, this is from Easter morning. I had just gotten home from the hospital on Saturday and wasn't up for much so all we did was baskets, but it was really nice to be home with my two amazing boys! I took this pic from my phone, sorry for the crummy quality!

Last edited by PacSunMama; 04-30-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations on the new baby boy. He is a beauty !! That is so cute, the two brothers looking at each other. Take good care of yourself, concentrate on getting back to good health.

Last edited by bargoo; 04-30-2011 at 10:27 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

Congrats!! He is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I can't believe how shocked you must have been when you found out that he was a boy! Had you done a girl nursery and bought girl clothes etc?? That is crazy!!
southernbelle102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #8  
Baby bump to hot mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle102 View Post
Congrats!! He is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I can't believe how shocked you must have been when you found out that he was a boy! Had you done a girl nursery and bought girl clothes etc?? That is crazy!!
Yep! Everything was pink!!! My mom bought a new crib bedding set that is all ocean animals, blue and green and super cute. She pulled down all the girl stuff I had organized and put them all in bags so I can go through them when I'm ready to, and put up what few boy items we have. I gave away almost all of Logan's stuff 3 months-2T when we "knew" it was a girl, so now we are hoping/waiting for friends who have said they'll be giving us hand-me-downs. Luckily we kept the box of newborn and 0-3 months clothes so he has something! I think we're also going to go through the girl clothes and take some things to the consignment store to trade for baby boy stuff. We'll make it work.

I wasn't disappointed, just totally shocked. I have to admit it's still a little hard walking by the girl section in Target, but I am really happy he's here and that he's a boy. It's just like he was always meant to be here, I don't know what we did without him!
Old 05-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #9  

Height: 5'5

congrats! I've got two boys too and it is just wonderful. They are best friends.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I have two boys, too. They are much older than your boys. My brother only had boys, also. Believe it or not but I am the last living girl born into my family, of course that was eons ago, I'm still hoping a little girle\ will come along someday.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #11  

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations!! Glad you are home and recovering - what an ordeal! We have two boys too, they're great friends (most of the time!).
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Congrats! Your little boys look so sweet together. I bet they'll be good buddies.

Has he had any complications due to the cord around the neck? Hope the little guy could get enough oxygen! Good thing you were at the hospital. My husband wants me to do a homebirth with a midwife, but I am just not comfortable with that for this particular reason! Thank you doctors!
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:54 PM   #13  
Baby bump to hot mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
Congrats! Your little boys look so sweet together. I bet they'll be good buddies.

Has he had any complications due to the cord around the neck? Hope the little guy could get enough oxygen! Good thing you were at the hospital. My husband wants me to do a homebirth with a midwife, but I am just not comfortable with that for this particular reason! Thank you doctors!
Nope, no complications at all. My first was actually born with the cord around his neck twice, around his shoulder and then around his belly... he had a long cord! I'd love a homebirth, but I'm grateful my birth ended up the way that it did. It turned out to be safer for me in the end, but that's not the case with most births! Most are just fine!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 185/161.8/159

Height: 5'9

I had to have a C-section with my son, too, for similar reasons. *hugs* I had crud in my lungs post c-s, too, they had me try to cough it out which isn't easy with an 8" incision in your abdomen! blech!
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #15  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Soooo freaking cute! And I love that he was a surprise despite the ultrasounds! LOL!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote