South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/159.6/139

Height: 5'6"

Default I know this is normal, but I HATE it

So, I only weigh myself once or twice per week. Two days ago I was 145.2, and today...146.8, WTH? I've been eating really well and exercising an hour per day (much like I was before I lost a little focus last week). I just hopped on this morning hoping to see 144.anything, and instead I get 146.8. So discouraging even though I know it's a normal fluctuation
NicoleInCt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Is TOM coming anytime soon? That always throws me WAY out of wack.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #3  

in my experience, the most likely culprits are TOM, too much sodium (or not enough water?), and calorie intake -- since you've been exercising an hour a day, make sure you're eating *enough* calories. my weight loss has always stalled when my net intake wasn't high enough, which sounds crazy, but it's true! also, hey, it's only one day, see where you are in a week. it might just be a normal fluctuation
veggie103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:34 PM   #4  

A few months ago before I started SB and exercising, I would have said it was TOM since I had a 24 day cycle and today is day 22. However, I've jumped to a 27 day cycle for the past couple of months...so I idk for sure, but I guess we'll see. My sodium and water consumption haven't varried, and I've been eating and exercising relatively the same as normal. I will recheck on Saturday, and hopefully I will see my 144!
Old 04-28-2011, 07:16 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

I am now weighing every morning to see fluctuations too. You CAN'T get hung up on the daily fluctuations. It really can be for any reason. You and I are close to our goals without much to lose so the scale going up a pound is really significant and upsetting. You've go to allow yourself a 2-3 lb. fluctuation level and not get upset. I am here with you. I lost exactly .6 this month according to the scale. But I know I really lost more because I have a waist now where I didn't have one last month. Just wanted to lend some support.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW 270/see ticker/GW 150

Height: 5'9"

Yeah and that calorie intake thing is really frustrating. I wasn't much worried about it til I entered my dailies into one of those websites and to my surprise was 500 cals under! I think it'd be hard to add those cals everyday. And how annoying is it to have ONE MORE THING to pay attn to to lose weight? Shouldn't following SB be enough? Ugh. Sigh. Blech.
YeahYeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:34 AM   #7  

I agree. I hate the thought that I might not be eating enough. I know this isn't rational, but I then wonder what's the point of exercising if I have to eat more anyway? I know there are other benefits, but it stresses me out because I am exercising to get stronger, reshape my body, and BURN calories, not in order to eat more...
Old 04-29-2011, 10:07 AM   #8  
Slow and sure chick

If you don't eat enough your body thinks it's starving and will not release any fat. This is especially true if you're exercising. Time to work with your body, not against it.
Watercolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:20 AM   #9  

I must have been retaining water. I was down to where I thought I should be today: 144.8! But now I'm def not gonna weigh for the next week, as TOM is a couple days away.

Last edited by NicoleInCt; 04-30-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 129/119/110

Height: 5'1

I try not to weigh myself much at all, i kind of go by how my clothes are fitting, that is the ultimate goal to look good, so i go by that and every week those jeans fit a little better!!!!
amygirl29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:33 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/140

I have noticed that when I get stressed the scale either moves up or not at all....I would suggest taking a breather and relaxing? I am not recommending this but I actually eat one thing that I love and shouldnt have when I am stressed about the weight loss =). I always feel so much better and within a day or so I see results. I think its because I realize that it is worth it to keep going and get a sense of renewal. I started with SB in April 2010 and lost 50lbs within 6 months. Good Luck! I hope by now that the scale has been kind to you =)
Makaidyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:16 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaidyn View Post
I have noticed that when I get stressed the scale either moves up or not at all....I would suggest taking a breather and relaxing? I am not recommending this but I actually eat one thing that I love and shouldnt have when I am stressed about the weight loss =). I always feel so much better and within a day or so I see results. I think its because I realize that it is worth it to keep going and get a sense of renewal. I started with SB in April 2010 and lost 50lbs within 6 months. Good Luck! I hope by now that the scale has been kind to you =)
It was a few days later, but I've been waiting for my TOM forever now so I haven't weighed in a week. Ever since I started dieting and exercising, my cycle has been all over the place.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:51 AM   #13  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaidyn View Post
I agree with the notion of just taking it easy. Don't stress so much about the scale.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote