General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-28-2011, 10:23 AM   #1  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Getting severe weather alerts by phone

Found a way to get severe weather alerts on the phone. I was worrying a bit last night as the weather was foul and we live in an area that doesn't give warning sirens, so how would I know if a tornado was rolling in? (We had a warning last night and again this morning). So, I did some searching online and found this:

Create an account and from there you can get severe weather alerts and manage which alerts you get too. It's sent by text, which is the most reliable for severe weather. And it's free and works on all sorts of plans and services. Just signed up so now I can sleep more peacefully when it's a stormy night with my phone by my bed.

www.weatherusa.net
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

I have something like that. Also have a radio and the local weather on my TV and computer screen. I'm a bit paranoid. :P
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:59 AM   #3  

thank you thank you thank you!!! My bf survived a tornado just last week! If he had had that type of alert, he would have taken cover instead of listening to his ipod and driving directly into the path of the twister. Luckily, he saw it coming, jumped out of his truck and clung to a log in a ditch. His car didn't make it. But he did with scrapes, bruises and a new take on life.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:19 AM   #4  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness4life View Post
thank you thank you thank you!!! My bf survived a tornado just last week! If he had had that type of alert, he would have taken cover instead of listening to his ipod and driving directly into the path of the twister. Luckily, he saw it coming, jumped out of his truck and clung to a log in a ditch. His car didn't make it. But he did with scrapes, bruises and a new take on life.
Wow! That's really scary! I think less people get alerted now because we aren't watching network tv and listening to radio. I had no clue we had a tornado warning today - as I was chatting with a gal outside my son's school this morning.

Glad your BF is OK.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:42 PM   #5  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Fitness, that is out and out frightening.

Berry, thanks. I posted it on FB for my friends who are in tornado alley.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote