General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-27-2011, 07:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Default need bachelorette gift idea

We are having a small, surprise "bachelorette" party Friday at work for a friend is having a small family wedding at the beach next week. They will be a the beach house from Sat. to Sat, so maybe something for the beach.

She's a widow, so it's a second marriage and she didn't want showers,etc. We teach, so we only have 25 min for lunch, so it's small and very casual.

Any ideas for a gift? It can be a gag gift or legit.

Thanks!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Not sure how much you want to spend, but I've had success with giving 2 oversized bath towels (the Kmart ones are actually really soft and won't break the bank), a bottle of bubble bath or some bath salts and some massage oil. Maybe add a cd of romantic music or an inexpensive bottle of wine. I'm a big fan of the gift basket type gifts, especially if made yourself. I find for this type a cute trash can makes a great holder for them.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:50 AM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Anything P*nis related lol.

Edible underwear's always good for a laugh
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:00 AM   #4  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

I love Lands End tote bags (everyone needs one and they are reasonably priced), I would get her one with her new initials on it, and stuff it with beach things like sunscreen, tabloids, maybe a beach towel or two.

It's a cute gift without being super expensive, and not embarrassing for a work environment
Txalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/290/147

Height: 5'7"

I do love those Land's End bags but if you can't get one monogrammed and shipped in time, a big tote, two nice beach towels, some sun block, flip flops, a few paper backs, a bottle of wine (I know nothing about wine, when I choose wine as a gift I now go for cutest label. Works for me!), etc. That's a fun gift they can actually use.

If you don't have time to assemble all that stuff, no bride (or well...anyone!) ever said no to a GC for a mani/pedi or massage!
NiteNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You have some good ideas, here a couple more suggestions
a gift certificate to Bath and Body Works or Bed Bath and Beyond.
I would give a big thumbs down to a gag gift.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote