Old 04-27-2011, 07:39 AM   #51
ninabina

S/C/G: 160/147/120

Height: 5'5''

First name: Nina

Geographical location: Paris, France

Marital Status: living with my awesome partner/boyfriend/fellow adventurer

Children/Ages: none yet, but hope to have some in about 10 years

Pets: 2 pet rats! Our apartment is too small for a cat or dog.

Hobbies/Interests: I love to be creative through painting, drawing, photography, learning new instruments and playing music, reading, learning new languages, being introduced to new cultures..

Height: 5'5''

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I was heavy as a kid, and have just yoyo-ed up and down my whole life.

Starting Weight: I was heaviest at 188 when i was 15, but lost weight in high school. My current "starting weight" is 165, the heaviest I let myself become since then.

Present Weight: 147

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Not eating delicious cakes, cheeses, pasta dishes, fresh bread... Paris is full of temptation.

Following any specific plan: Eating more FRESH fruits and vegetables (the only meat I eat is fish, sparingly), cooking for myself instead of eating canned soup, portion control, making exercise a daily habit.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've been steadily, although slowly, losing weight since I hit 165 in grad school a year ago. Not having a car and walking/biking everywhere in Paris has been really good for me, and I'm learning how to control my portions. This is not a fad, but lifelong changes that can be lived everyday.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm very excited to join a forum like this, to be accountable and honest, and to help others achieve their goals too!