Old 04-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 288.2/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

Default The Upper 200s

Hello, as someone who is starting out weight loss at 280 something I was wondering who else is in the same boat, the Upper 200s.

I recently got engaged and don't know about planning a wedding b/c honestly I feel like I won't be able to enjoy the wedding as a fat woman. I hate having my photo taken, and all of the dresses in my size are horrible. Forget even finding something with sleeves at a size 26.
My fiance too is in need of weight loss, a few years before he and I met he was down to a Men's medium, but has creeped back up to a size XL. He's still thinner than I am, but in need of losing.
So we're using the "threat" of the wedding to get into shape.
Our hurdles are eating right and getting to exercise. We invested in a recumbent bike and have gym memberships. Now we just have to use them.
My goal is to lose 2lbs a week but right now feel like I'm gaining weight, this have been the most demoralizing part of this. To watch what you eat all day, enter in calories and measurments and then get on the scale only to find that you've gained makes me want to just give up. I have an underactive thyroid and PCOS so these might be to blame, but my questions to my endocrinologist seem to come back with "eat less, exercise more" and you'll lose weight. Duh, but that doesn't seem to be the answer... When I get super depressed about the continuing gain I start to get a "whatever" attitude with eating and exercising and stop caring... then I gain even more weight...
Anyways, thought I'd start this thread for other women in the same boat. Please tell us your stories...
SisiLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295.6/ticker/140-130

Height: 5'3"

Hi,
Thanks for making this thread! I'm fairly new to this site though a diet veteran....I've dieted off and on since I was 10 years old. I am now 30, married and have a 6 month old DD.
I can understand your apprehension about a wedding. My DH and I got married in a small ceremony and everyone, including us, wore jeans...it was great but not for everyone. I hated the picture taking that went along with is (and it was only by family/friends, not a professional). When I got married I weighed 240....I hit a high of 294 when I was preggo and dropped to 276 after giving birth (after being 270 pre-pregnancy).
6 weeks ago I joined weight watchers online (for the millionth time) and am down 16lbs so far....they finally changed the program so its easier for me to follow. I'm hoping to continue to take advantage of breastfeeding to keep things moving along as I have 3 weddings this summer, one of which i am in (and of course all the other bridesmaids are super skinny!) and one of which is a destination wedding in FL....
So far, my "trick" has been to drink 2-3 Nalgene's (1Liter each) full of water and eat lots of fruits and veggies. I have found that quinoa is fantastic for replacing my potato at dinner time...its much more filling and less starchy than potatoes. I am also trying to get outside and take my DD for walks on nice days (which are still sporadic up here).
Anyways, hope we can grow this thread and support each other in this journey out of the upper 200s, into the low 200s and beyond!
-Erin
Erin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:24 PM   #3  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

I started at 334, dropped to 265, ballooned to 290 (w TOM water weight) after the holidays, and I'm currently bouncing between 283 and 286.

I absolutely love Igigi's clothing--I'm not associated with them, but I pimp their site frequently. http://www.igigi.com/plus-size-brida...linkid=topmenu

They have a couple of dresses with sleeves. If you find something pretty and sleeveless, they also have a white satin shrug so you can cover your arms if you're self-conscious.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5' 9"

Hi there! I am a 30 year old mother of two girls and step-mom to a teenage girl...I too am getting married and want to get in shape before the wedding... The difference is that we're getting married in August of this year... I am starting out at about 250lbs and would like to get down to 200 or lower before the big day... I have a tendency to be a tad lazy...ok A LOT lazy and I get frustrated easily... UGH... And I totally agree about not being able to find a nice wedding dress in the bigger sizes.... So glad you posted this, it's exactly what I was looking for! Good luck to all!
Atilos80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 288.2/ticker/165

I love the link to the IGIGI Site. I just looked at their sale rack and found a few cute items, I think I'll order a dress and see how it goes. What's nice is that they are empire wasted, have sleeves and what seems to be an adjustable waist. Perfect for my type of figure. Then again I'm the child of immigrants out of the Soviet Union and what is now Ukraine, the designer is from Ukraine. Perhaps she's designing for my eastern European figure :-)
SisiLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:38 AM   #6  
Lea77

Please please don't put off your wedding due to weight! I did that, kept postponing and postponing and finally just had my sister (who is a reverend) marry us in a private ceremony simply because I believed that I had to be a smaller size to have a gorgeous wedding. I regret it! That being said, I have PCOS as well, and the only way I am ever able to lose weight is by cutting carbs. Not that I've done so well lately, but ya know....
Lea77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/243.2/175

Height: 5'2

I started the beginning of the year at 278. I count calories through my fitness pal and honestly I get very little exercise. I was a size 26 and now I am a size 22. I think my BIGGEST key was being aware of my carbs--then it is also getting in at least 5 fruits/veggies in a day and I drink only water.
myhaloisintheshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:04 PM   #8  

I have to agree with watching carbs and increasing fruits/veggies. I've done both and so far am down 20lbs in 8 weeks (or so). I've gone from a comfortable 24 to a comfortable 20 (22 in jeans) since then too. I still eat carbs (pasta, bagels etc), just a lot fewer than before--like 1 serving/day instead of 1-2 servings with each meal!
Good luck planning the wedding--its a lot of fun and a great time in your life!
Erin
Old 04-27-2011, 08:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 278/209/199

Height: 5'9"

Sounds like we are all in the same boat weight wise. I am down 19 lbs in about 7 weeks. I am 33 y/o married with 2 kids...one girl, one boy. Overweight all my life... Finally found a way that works for me. I am enjoying this diet and the support I get from 3FC! We can do this!! Once and for all!
sunlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:21 PM   #10  

So today is my weigh in day and when I jumped on the scale, I had a pleasant surprise...253...i am down 3lbs from last week and 23 overall. My goal is to be in the 240s by the destination wedding I'm going to in FL in 2 weeks (from today) and to be into the 230s by the wedding I'm in on 6/11 (that may be cutting it close so I'll take low 240s). Hopefully into the "low 200s" in the next few weeks! Hope everyone else is doing well in the weight loss journey!
Old 04-29-2011, 12:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/243.2/175

Height: 5'2

I really want to be in the low 200's by my birthday mid August. As of right now I am at the prepregnancy weight I was with my last child. He will be 8 in July! Im amazed at how if I keep level headed and remind myself that losses will be slow and steady that it keeps me going!

A couple months ago I was sure I would NEVER be a size 20/22 again. Here I am though and Im looking forward to slipping into some size 18's soon!
myhaloisintheshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:32 AM   #12  

Has anyone else noticed the "day after weigh-in phenomenon"???? My weigh in day is Friday, so yesterday I weighed in and had stayed the same, after being OP all week and doing pretty well. So, this morning I got on the scale (I check in daily though I track weekly), and i'm down 1.5lbs from yesterday! Now, I know its all water weight, but it just seems that no matter which day I pick to weigh in, the next day I'm way down. I guess its good motivation for the new week, but man its annoying!
Old 05-27-2011, 07:51 PM   #13  
Hoping for 160 by NYE!

S/C/G: 323/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

That TOTALLY happens to me! I've started looking at it as a jump start on next week's weigh in.

I never had a nice wedding dress (or a prom dress for that matter) so I've always said that when I hit my goal weight, I'm buying myself a wedding dress to wear when I have tea parties with my daughters.

Last edited by sevencallmemom; 05-27-2011 at 07:52 PM.
sevencallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:53 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 276/276/200

Hi everyone, i'm new here. I am at my largest weight ever and am wanting support to help with my weight loss. I have PCOS as well and it makes it terribly frustrating to gain weight so easily. I have been on atkins, weight watchers, and have lost weight and gained it back so quickly. I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin and get my self esteem back. Glad to be here.
Trinket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #15  

Welcome Trinket! I started exactly where you were back in the beginning of March. Now I'm down 41 pounds and into the mid 230s. Making progress. What plan are you going to follow? Good luck! :-)