Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 308/257/175

Height: 5'10

Default Sports Bra HELP!!!!!!

I am rather, ahem, large chested (I wear a 42DDD) and I am in DESPARATE need of an EXCELLENT sports bra.

I never realized how badly I needed one until last night. I went to a different YMCA and attempted a power aerobics class. The biggest difference between my Y and this Y (aside from the intensity of the workout...WHOA, what a difference!) was the floor to ceiling mirrors that circled the room. At first, this excited me. I thought it would be cool to watch my form. And then, I was panicked. Ugh. Maybe I don't want to see what I look like when I exercise. At least, not yet.

So, one of my biggest, pun intended, observations while watching myself work out was the total lack of control of my breasts. They were literally EVERYWHERE and I was mortified. Especially when there were two very handsome, CUT men in the room. Good lord, almighty.

I need a really good sports bra and I need one STAT!

Any recommendations for my size?

Also, I don't want to put one of these babies on and automatically become flat chested. I am a single woman going to a gym with lots of attractive men around, I don't want to look completely de-curved.

I guess I'm asking....can I have my cake and eat it too?

Thanks again ladies!!!! Keep on pumpin' it!

~Toni
TransformingToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I don't know of one that makes them look perky and supportive.

I know some use Jeunique "Beauty" bra. It looks like a regular bra opposed to a sports bra but has a wide band running along the underside of the cups. These aren't cheap though.

The other brand that I'd advise if Enell. Yes, this causes mono-boob but it's better than having saggy floppy boobies.

Neither option is very cheap. What I did when I had fewer funds was to get two high impact sports bras (some styles available around 15 bucks at Wal-mart), one a tad smaller than I needed and layer them.

Honestly, I'd say find the one that gives the absolute BEST support and get that one. If a guy expects you to look all hawt (opposed to just hot) at the gym, his expectations are a bit skewed.

Edited to add: BTW, I'm a 38E so I feel your pain!

Last edited by XLMuffnTop; 04-08-2011 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Clarity
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:17 AM   #3  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

I love Moving Comfort (http://www.movingcomfort.com/dyn_prodlist.php?k=344605) but they might be a little small for you -- I think they go up to 40DD.

Enell is classic. If you search through forum archives, a lot of 3FC members have posted their favorite bras. I refuse to buy a sports bra without cups, but don't mind "uniboob" -- it's the best way to keep the girls contained, and men at the gym aren't checking out your cleavage anyway, they're checking out your muscle tone.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 420/420/210

Height: 5'9"

I wear a ddd cup too so sports bra shopping was a little frustrating to me. I have one that is very supportive. its has hooks in the back like a regular bra. wearing the bras that are just pull over ur head like a tshirt have no support for me. i guess they work better with smaller chests, but i recommend ones that have hooks in the back like a regular bra.
stasiagurl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #5  
Looking for the 200's

S/C/G: 325/311.4/174

Height: 6'0

I have to agree with muffintop, I am not sure about perky and supportive. I would go with supportive. with 42DDD I don't think they will disapear with a sports bra. I am as 42D and I like they high impact UnderArmor sports bra. I get it at Dicks Sporting Goods and it is about 50 dollars. Layers 2 cheeper ones works well too. I wear a smaller one as the first layer to hold everything up and they second one a bit bigger to take care of "over spill" I don't like this combo for more that an hour or so cause it starts to dig in on the sides.
milliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:19 AM   #6  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

S/C/G: 342/ticker/160

I'm a G cup--my boobs DO NOT MOVE in an Enell. They are ugly. And expensive. But well worth it for high impact days.
I also really like the Moving Comfort brand--very comfortable and I feel secure even when running or doing jumping jacks. It also passes the burpee test--if I don't have a good enough bra on, my boobs will hit me in the face when doing burpees, lol. So embarrassing.
BluCypressLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 177/153/135

Height: 5' 4.5"

I think the above ideas are a great start. I just wanted to add a couple things. First, you might search 3fc for bra discussions. I know there was one recently on a fitting discussion but I'm sure there's been a bunch. Second, I was super big breasted until I had a reduction surgery to avoid back issue (I'm not promoting the surgery though it worked for me and I did eventually successfully breast feed). Before surgery, I was totally at a loss for my very active lifestyle and no support. I had no real support and I hated the "over hangs". I tripled my sports bras then wore a swim suit on top to try to smooth it all out. Hated hated hated it. I never found anything (it was in the late 80's).

After surgery, I still had breast support issues (while I was heavy and also while pregnant/nursing). I found great sports bras that truly were for me the best thing that ever happened to me at http://marathonsports.com/.

I couldn't find another good fitting bra for some time and really was quite disappointed after I lost weight. I really thought all my problems were over. Wrong.

However, I did find awesome Bali bras at Sears a few weeks back. There were about $35 each (whew, a chunck of family budget) but really really worth it. I feel like a whole new woman. I wear sports bras almost all the time because I'm almost always walking or moving. I have a few regular bras but never feel as free.

Keep hope alive! I know you'll find the best one (then buy tons!).
iaradajnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #8  
In the desert...

I wore Enell when I was a G cup (that's DDDD if you're counting) - total godsend, those bras. Ugly and expensive and definitely flatten you out, but when you're trying to control the bounce, they're so worth it. I currently wear a Shock Absorber Run bra (model B5044) which go up to an F cup (UK sizing) - they are also not cheap, but very supportive, bit less of a uniboob issue - just be aware they fit very snugly, or more accurately, they're tight. I usually wear a 36 but I'm a 38 in that one. For me, the cost is worth it for the comfort of being able to run and ride my horse with nary a bounce!
julesp313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:12 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I had luck with Champion sports bras. They look more like a regular bra, with a clasp in back. Holds me in place.

As far as the flat chested part, can you make DDDs look flat? The champion bra flattened me out some, but it did it by spreading my chest out upward. Not a bad thing at all. They may have looked smaller, but if they're high and cute in process, I'll take it.

I couldn't find the exact bra I have, but it's along these lines. http://www.championusa.com/Champion/...on/CH1602.aspx
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #10  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Another vote for Enell from someone who started as 42H and is now a 34G. Only brand that has ever done the job for me.

BTW, I'm wearing the Enell in my avatar picture, and I still look pretty busty!

Last edited by caryesings; 04-25-2011 at 03:45 PM.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote