General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default How can I get my systolic/diastolic/pulse happy?

Some of you know that I used Icy Hot Patches and developed A Fib.

According to my heart dude at my last visit, my heart has finally come back into synch. However, I'm supposed to monitor my bp until my next appt in June.

Honestly! It is all over the place. I got up this morning and wanted to climb back into bed. My numbers were 120/76/150. I checked it after I got to work and it was 114/77/110. OK. Sys/Dia good. Pulse still high. I just checked it again an hour ago. 148/85/75.

Whenever my sys is high, the pulse is good.

How can I get them all into a "happy" place?

Last edited by cbmare; 04-20-2011 at 05:06 PM.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Have you had you thyroid checked for hyperthyroidism?

Hyperthyroidism causes accelerated heart rate and fatigue, even when patients are at rest. It produces lower exercise tolerance because protein and fat catabolism are accelerated, resulting in build-up of ketones. Hyperthyroid people often show a fine tremor in their hands. They have higher resting heart rates, but not higher maximum heart rates for exercise, in comparison to normal subjects. Some experience thyroid storms--high overloads of thyroid hormones that accelerate their heart rate to as high as 300 beats a minute. This is a very life-endangering condition and can result in arrhythmia or heart attack.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #3  
I wanna be a loser, too

Thanks DixC. I'll mention all this when I go back in. Every time I've mentioned my thyroid in the past, all my drs poo poo'd it. However, back then I didn't have a heart problem.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #4  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I got all three of mine happy by losing weight and becoming very consistent with my exercise. My doctor seemed to think that it was as much or more about the exercise.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #5  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenerjoy View Post
I got all three of mine happy by losing weight and becoming very consistent with my exercise. My doctor seemed to think that it was as much or more about the exercise.
Like I stated, my heart just came back into synch. I was not allowed to exercise until it did.

I never had this problem before those damned patches.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:49 PM   #6  

When I gave up drinking coffee my heart was normal in 3 days. The same thing happened to my brother.
I can't even drink decaf. If I have one cup my heart is crazy for 2 days.
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:10 PM   #7  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOLINA View Post
When I gave up drinking coffee my heart was normal in 3 days. The same thing happened to my brother.
I can't even drink decaf. If I have one cup my heart is crazy for 2 days.
That makes sense but I don't like coffee and seldom drink tea. It was funny when my heart dude looked at me and said, "2 cups of coffee per day". I looked at him and whined, "I have to start drinking coffee?" When he found out I don't like it he laughed and told me not to worry about my caf intake.