South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-20-2011, 11:01 AM   #1  
New Beacher!

S/C/G: 174/154/125

Height: 5' 4"

Default Curious: Other Beachers experience with a "reboot"

I did a "reboot" starting last week.. meaning that since Monday the 11th I've been doing phase 1 again. (cravings were creeping back and I felt like a P1 would kick them back out- which did work)

I was also hoping that maybe I'd kickstart my weight loss again. I did lose about 1lb but that could be because the week before was my TOM. Either way.. whatever.. not stressing it.

Our office is closed on Friday and I'll be using some of that time off to start some 100% whole wheat bread in preparation for Monday.. cuz I'm ready for a slice.

Overall, my first few days were rough.. headache and dragging my butt.. but I think that might have been psychological. Because I feel pretty good right now.

I'm curious to see how others have felt after a "reboot". Did you experience renewed energy and focus? Did you kick a plateau?
KicknKnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:16 PM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I started a "reboot" on Feb. 15. I didn't do a 2 wk P1, but have been very careful about my choices and staying OP unless it's a pretty special event. The weight is slowly coming off and I always feel better eating OP.

I'd been maintaining for almost a year and the scale started creeping up last fall when winter put a damper on all my outdoor exercising and off plan eating started getting more frequent. I've lost 15# which brings me to my correct ticker weight. More importantly, I think I have more focus and hope to take a few extra pounds off this time, too.

Best Wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Yes I rebooted this past January and have been posting daily ever since, which helps. I'm hovering around 159 which is a personal low for me for a couple of years, but I want to get back down to 150 which I haven't seen for about 6 years.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:04 AM   #4  
New Beacher!

S/C/G: 174/154/125

Height: 5' 4"

Thank you for your responses...
KicknKnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Sadly, I have done a PH1 reboot several times. For me it is the best thing to get rid of cravings again when I have been slipping. I will say that after the first time and second time, I have very little weight loss when I revisit PH1. But it does what I need it to do... which is get me back on track.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:02 AM   #6  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

I tried once to go back and do a clean phase one but after just a couple of days, it wasn't working so since then when I need a reboot, I just become very very careful to get all three meals plus the two snacks of on plan food in (which I'm currently doing). I'm also getting my water in and I think it is working. Cravings seem to be gone again and I'm hoping for a drop in lbs next time I weigh.
TallandThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:15 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I have done semi-Phase 1 reboots several times and one serious Phase 1 reboot. It really helps me refocus when I get sloppy with my choices. Sometimes I need the "this is serious" message rebooted. I've never repeated that great weight loss I had the first time though.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I use a 'reboot' of Phase 1 when I need to get my cravings under control and get back on track, but I've never experienced the weightloss I had the first time.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote